Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights for hallway to subtlely highlight photographs/painting

Options
  • 06-01-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am looking to buy some light that can be wall mounted and subtely light some painting or photographs which I would like to put up.

The idea also is to create some lighting in a rather dark hallway that doesn't get much sunlight.

Any ideas on where best to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

How big are the pictures? You could use old brass picture lights and fit LED bulbs or use LED wall washer fittings. Very low watts and various colours so can be left on.
    I have retrofitted several types of LED to existing fittings but never tried a picture light although I have one here so will give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

wall washing spot lights would be subtle alright, inexpensive to buy with with energy saving lamps, as mentioned above the size of the pictures might be important if they are too large for the beam to cover without looking like a pool of light, LED lamps can have narrow beams.

Advertisement