Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last page issue on large threads

Options
  • 06-01-2013 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to mention this for awhile & as its happening at the moment its reminded me. In ranting & raving, on 'The official R&R motoring/road rant thread', every time a post becomes the last on a page, say for example page 169 as it is now, it always says there's another page on, in this case 170 but there isn't, when one clicks the link for 170 it just redirects back to 169.

& in case another post is added before anyone gets to look at this, at the moment post # 2535 by half-cocked is the latest post in that thread, showing for me as the last post on page 169. As i said, there's a link for page 170 but its redirecting back to the top of 169 as there actually isn't any more posts. Weird one. Only ever seen this happen on this one thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

This isn't just a bug with one particular thread, it's a long standing issue with all large threads (greater than 50 pages or so) caused by some optimisations to enable the site to handle them without killing performance. There isn't a fix for it currently and I don't believe there will be any time soon. You're not missing any posts and that's the main thing though I will agree it's quirky behaviour :)

Thanks for the bug report

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement