Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irritated "healed" piercings

Options
  • 06-01-2013 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this and can maybe shed some light.

I'm currently on the tail end of a nice dose of flu and seemingly overnight 4 of my piercings have become sore, red and a bit blistery and pussy. They're not all confined to one area and my newest piercing which is technically still healing is grand.

So while i'm not losing sleep I am very curious. Common sense is telling me that it's linked to my body fighting off the flu, feeling all tough and thinking it can take on some foreign bodies while it's at it. Can anyone knowledgeable tell me if I'm right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup, you're spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

You're dead right. As you recover your piercings will recover too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Take zinc and vitamin c supplements and your immune system should bounce back in no time.

Advertisement