Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Summer Camp Jobs

• 06-01-2013 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm 25, a newly qualified secondary school teacher currently teaching in Ireland. I completed the hdip/PDE last May and an undergraduate degree before that. I never did the J1 while I was in college and I always wanted to. I wanted to be a counselor in a summer camp in the states.

Am I eligible to work for the Summer as a camp counselor in the states? Has anyone done it? And how do I go about applying?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lizlemon16

This website might help. I was going to do it, but not anymore.

http://www.campleaders.com/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clo1

Im 24 AND AM going away for my fourth summer to work as a camp counselor. I went with campleaders and now work for the company. BEST DECISION!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

clo1 wrote: »
    Im 24 AND AM going away for my fourth summer to work as a camp counselor. I went with campleaders and now work for the company. BEST DECISION!

So are living in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AnnaBooBoo

clo1 wrote: »

could you tell me the company you work for? And I know someone who said after working as a camp leader for a few summers they have now gotten some form of a green card is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

AnnaBooBoo wrote: »
    could you tell me the company you work for? And I know someone who said after working as a camp leader for a few summers they have now gotten some form of a green card is this true?

Camp leaders is the name of the company. As far as I know it has gone pass the date to apply as a camp leader

• Advertisement
Advertisement