Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone ever tried using a Ouija board?

• 06-01-2013 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I tried to convince my female friend to do it but she said she was to scared.

Has anyone been successful in talking to the devil or other spirits with it? What did it say?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I tried it once. It was sh!te to be honest, you're better off with just a regular washing machine imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

No i haven't, I don;t even know someone who owns one. Thin its more of an American thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

If it worked it would be much more popular, there myths about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Don't use it would by my advice, bring it out to your backyard and set fire to it. You don't need to be messing with the other side, you could start something that you can't finish. I'm being deadly serious by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I did it once and I died. SiRouS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

My parents did it a few years ago and told me to never do it. I've heard pretty freaky stories about it which have put me off trying it out

nbar12 wrote: »
    My parents did it a few years ago and told me to never do it. I've heard pretty freaky stories about it which have put me off trying it out

stories is what everybody has about it but no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's as much risk of contacting demons through a Ouija board as there is through other games created by the Parker Bros. like Cluedo, Risk, Monopoly and Scrabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Yes, myself and a bunch of lads tried it out in an old house in the country,

We were all steaming and took the complete piss, great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

kilograms wrote: »
    stories is what everybody has about it but no proof.

I have proof but I can't speak about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never tried it. Don't think I ever will.

Its just ... well for example I have no desire to own or want to handle any Nazi paraphernalia. Could only be a mug with a big swatchka on it :P Its only a mug... but its what the mug would repersent (if you get me)

So within that, i really dont see the appeal in wanting to try some board thats whole point is to 'talk to the dead' or 'evil spirits'. Its only a gimmick. I get it. But why? I'm not some 15yo emo kid. Lol.

you have nothing then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I wonder if i brought the board with me to a psychic would he/she help me use it? I don't want to do it alone but none of my friends will do it with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

In primary school. I thought it was a crock of shit and that people were pushing it but then that teacher found out and completely freaked out so I thought there must be something to it. Now I realise how naive I was, at that age, in regrading the primary school teacher as an adult.

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    I wonder if i brought the board with me to a psychic would he/she help me use it? I don't want to do it alone but none of my friends will do it with me.

Go and ask your local priest to do it with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It should be said that Hasbro make these for kids ... :pac:

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?R=8F00D4B0-6D40-1014-8BF0-9EFBF894F9D4:en_US

She could pretend to help you use by making loads of crap up, like all "psychics" do.

Why do adults still insist that Ouija Boards have some magic powers, when it's public knowledge that it's a toy invented by the Parker Brothers (who weren't sorcerers so they had no way of investing all their mass-produced boards with magic powers) and they've been debunked over and over again.
    The ideomotor effect is what makes people think the glass/pointer is moving by itself, and in tests with blindfolded participants, the pointer didn't readjust for the fact that the table had been reversed without them being informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's a toy owned by Hasbro.

Ooooh, spooky.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There's as much risk of contacting demons through a Ouija board as there is through other games created by the Parker Bros. like Cluedo, Risk, Monopoly and Scrabble.
    In fairness, monopoly actually is evil

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

In fairness, monopoly actually is evil

Unless you're the banker.

Then you're evil, but the game's fierce craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not Monopoly. Capitialist boradgame is more evil than dead spirits.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Has anyone been successful in talking to the devil or other spirits with it? What did it say?

Happened to me tonight:eek:

some spirts were talkin to me tonight, couldnt really hear what was being said cause of all the noise around me, but it was something along the lines of.......... dont drink any more youv had tooooo much tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

A serious post. I actually played with one a few years ago with my mates and here's the thing - it's just you playing with your head, has absolutely nothing to do with paranormal activity.

For example, whenever we asked questions (about dead relatives, etc) in which one of the people playing the game knew the answers to (names of relatives or whichever), the 'spirit' would reply with the correct answer. If that person wasn't playing the game but was in the room and questions that only they knew the answers to were asked, the answers would be jibberish. Without realising what you're doing, you're moving the board to the answers that you are aware of.

I had a look on Wikipedia and this theory - which am convinced of having tried the game myself, is described as "unconscious movements of those controlling the pointer, a psychophysiological phenomenon known as the ideomotor effect. Various studies have been produced, recreating the effects of the Ouija board in the lab and showing that, at least under laboratory conditions, the subjects were moving the planchette involuntarily."

It really is as simple as that. To think that grown adults are scared of a children's board game is far more disturbing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

I have never had problems convincing my female frends to do it but then again I dont have a devil talking fetish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Was JUST about to post this! Damn!! Great tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tried it??? I won 2 fooking Oaks on her ffs and a Breeders Cup Filly & Mare turf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Isn't posting on ouijaboards.ie enough for you, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Don't use it would by my advice, bring it out to your backyard and set fire to it. You don't need to be messing with the other side, you could start something that you can't finish. I'm being deadly serious by the way.

Oh please, it's about as dangerous and harmful as snakes and ladders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 odnora

Used them once some years ago. I began to suspect it was the lads and not the spirits that were controlling it when the spirits seemed to think I should "get kit off".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bollockolgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

dttq wrote: »
    Oh please, it's about as dangerous and harmful as snakes and ladders.

Have you ever climbed a snakey ladder?:mad:

Come to me when you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

to answer the question,NonNein

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'd have to be at the depths of extreme and utter boredom to even think about playing with a toy like the ouija board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was always warned not to do it. One day when I was about 14 I got into trouble for something and was sent to my room. In "revenge" I decided I was going to try it on my own. So I just drew out the alphabet and yes/no and 0 - 9 on a sheet of paper and used a coin instead of a glass.

It did move, it kept coming up with WM 12. Turns out it would have been a relatives birthday, he'd have been 12 and his initials were WM. I didn't know this relative as he died very young and I didn't remember him. I would guess the most probable thing is that I heard someone discuss him and had forgotten. I genuinely don't remember him being discussed ever until I mentioned it to my mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Turbomilf

My thoughts would be never to medal with the unknown.. Whether there's anything deeper than a board - I don't know - but should you release something very dark - you could be in for a serious problem.

I heard a woman on the radio a couple of years ago - discussing how her and her husband had tried it one night. Nothing came of it at the time; however some months passed and she noticed her possessions going missing, aswell as the house being cold in certain areas and then her children said they heard a man whispering in their ear.. This escalated to the point where her things were being thrown across the room - one being a lit candle that was struck off the wall..

However true it may or not be - I really don't know. But I know if I did get the reaction I was looking for, and anything like the above happened; that I would seriously regret ever messing with the unknown and those who have been laid to REST.

Turbomilf wrote: »
    My thoughts would be never to medal with the unknown.. Whether there's anything deeper than a board - I don't know - but should you release something very dark - you could be in for a serious problem.

I heard a woman on the radio a couple of years ago - discussing how her and her husband had tried it one night. Nothing came of it at the time; however some months passed and she noticed her possessions going missing, aswell as the house being cold in certain areas and then her children said they heard a man whispering in their ear.. This escalated to the point where her things were being thrown across the room - one being a lit candle that was struck off the wall..

However true it may or not be - I really don't know. But I know if I did get the reaction I was looking for, and anything like the above happened; that I would seriously regret ever messing with the unknown and those who have been laid to REST.

I've never played Buckaroo: it's unknown to me, so I won't meddle with it.

I might wake up in the middle of the night find saddles, ropes and shovels flying round the room!

I might wake up in the middle of the night find saddles, ropes and shovels flying round the room!

Are you mocking the spelling error I made by saying medal rather than meddle? :)

Turbomilf wrote: »
    Are you mocking the spelling error I made by saying medal rather than meddle? :)

No, I didn't even notice it.

I am however, mocking the notion that a specific board game has the ability to contact demons or the dead, despite their being no evidence to suggest this is the case, and plenty of strong evidence to suggest that this is not the case.

• Advertisement

No, I didn't even notice it.

I am however, mocking the notion that a specific board game has the ability to contact demons or the dead, despite their being no evidence to suggest this is the case, and plenty of strong evidence to suggest that this is not the case.

Ah sorry - thought you were :)

Yes it's certainly ridiculous I don't see how it could physically happen - yet I wouldn't want to know if it's possible or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Quite right, pardneeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Never tried it but I've heard many a bull**** tale from people who've tried them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

.ti morf yawa llew yats .efil ym pu dekucf ti .ecno draob ajiuo a desu I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We used to do it quite a bit when we were kids. We'd go to the local graveyard to add to the experience. We got caught doing it in school one day and it caused a huge hullabaloo, the priest was called in and everything. Very Catholic school, they treated it as seriously as getting caught with a heroin needle sticking out of your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Absolutezero

Nein. I mean Non. Or is it oui and ja?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

afaik you need to make your own for it to work, not buy one manufactured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

When I was 16, me and two friends made a home-made ouija board. It was just a peice of paper with the alphabet, and YES and NO. We lit a black candle and had a copy of The satanic Bible by Anton LaVey which has all of this gobbelydook in some strange language. We read a bit of the strange language out load and then put our fingers on the glass and said, "Oh Satan, if you're there, we want to sell our souls in exchange for wordly pleasure!"

Just then, even though the windows were shut and there was no draught, the candle blew out. We got scared and stopped what we were doing. But from then on, strange things started happening. Cutlery drawers opened and slammed shut by themselves, we could hear voices coming from the kitchen even though no-one was there and there were no houses out there. The door leading to the hallway, right by the room where we had done the ouija board, began opening and shutting by itself, we could hear footsteps and the ligh turned on and off by itself. One day I was having a little party, there were 14 of us, and we all saw the same thing, the door opened by itself, the light flicked on and off and we heard footsteps walking down the hallway, although no-one was there. All of my guests got scared and left immediately. My sister and I, both living in the house at the time, also began having night terors, where we'd be half asleep, half awake but paralysed and seeing and hearing malevolent people in the room with us.

It got so bad that my mum was seriously considering getting someone from the local spiritualist church to do an exorcism. But as it was we just vacated that part of the house for a while (it happened in a granny flat joined onto the house) and had the place redecorated. After that things went back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

We'd all like a female to do things with but can you not do it by yourself :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Never played with a Ouija board but I played Scrabble one time and my cat died the next day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement