Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wwoofing SA

Options
  • 06-01-2013 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    Anyone have any numbers, locations for doing some wwoofing in SA. Me and GF just arrived there in Adelaide a couple of days ago and we're thinking of just driving towards Barossa Valley area and just hope for the best. Anyone with any experience in wwoofing in SA??

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Wasn't anywhere near Adelaide but myself & some friends did some wwoofing in a place called 'Cobargo' a few hours south of Sydney. We got a book full of numbers, addresses & a paragraph of details of the farms, I think it was in a tourist information office. Book cost $30 I think (it was 2006 so can't remember exactly). We had an idea of roughly where we wanted to go, had a look in the book and rang a few places. Ended up staying for a week in a small farm/butter factory & loved every minute of it.
    Check out the local tourist info office & see if you can get the book, easiest way to find a place to wwoof!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I live in Adelaide and work in the Barossa. I can make some enquiries there tomorrow once somebody explains what wwoofing is. Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

seipeal1 wrote: »
    I live in Adelaide and work in the Barossa. I can make some enquiries there tomorrow once somebody explains what wwoofing is. Am I missing something here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWOOF

basically working for your food and board on a farm/ property. counted as voluntary work for your 2nd WHV. Any help at all would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Hi there,

Asked the question of a few guys who would know about these type of things in the Barossa today and they did not think there were any of these type of holdings in the Barossa. Most of the land is designated for vines and with harvest time here, there is opportunity for work in vineyards but not the pay for board type that you had enquire about, in their opinion.
    However, I would contact Coswine or Programmed Casual hire companies up in the Barossa and enquire with them as they would know a lot more.

Hope you get the work you want.

Sorry I could not help more.

Advertisement