Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FIFA 14 and COD day one launch you say?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7SDX-JYsCnW_mOw-hU8RShZAgAMCpA6FVPe8AC5Vs9jkocaZksg

Battlefield 4 will keep me going for a long time, that's a pretty decent lineup for the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Are those different coloured consoles real or just a mock up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Killzone
    Call of duty
    Knack
    Battlefield

Awh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've only ever played Battlefield Bad Company, but after seeing the Multiplayer videos for BF4, I think I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've only ever played Battlefield Bad Company, but after seeing the Multiplayer videos for BF4, I think I'm sold.

Get yourself a pre-owned copy of BF3 for cheap in the meantime. No more charge for the online pass so you'll be able to get acclimatised so to speak to the change of pace/gameplay. BF3 is noticeably different to Bad Company in both aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought Killzone would be the only FPS, I'd get on launch, but now it's looking like this will be there too.

I'm probably not going to get COD, I find them ADHD spawnfests. Unmatched shooting mechanics, though, just lacking a little imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Planetside 2 is a F2P online only squad based fps game. Should be fun to try out on the PS4. It's very good on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

how will accounts work on ps4? ive like 7 accounts on my ps3. for me, my brothers and some cousins..will i have to pay for 7 online subscriptions :L?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    how will accounts work on ps4? ive like 7 accounts on my ps3. for me, my brothers and some cousins..will i have to pay for 7 online subscriptions :L?

Once one PS+ account is active on the console, that's all that's needed as far as I know. That's what MS are doing with the Live Gold accounts on XBO anyway, everyone can play online so long as there is one gold member on the console. Open to correction on how Sony will handle online play for multiple accounts on one PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Ryuji_w wrote: »
    6F2vzMV.jpg

Whats that on the right beside the 2 usb ports??

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Wanted to get this console pretty much day one just out of sheer "for the fuck of it" and because I've never had a day one console before. It's shaped up to be a great machine, but actually looking at the launch games I'm a bit disappointed.

I'm getting killzone anyway but would've really liked infamous too. Will probably get assassins creed if it's any good.

That leaves a lot of time inbetween with nothing after the launch for a few months until infamous and who knows after. I'm not into COD and preferred WW2 battlefield games so that rules them out.

Hmmm.. second guessing my pre-order a bit now

Edit: Forgot watch dogs. Yep, I'm happy enough with it again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Wanted to get this console pretty much day one just out of sheer "for the fuck of it" and because I've never had a day one console before. It's shaped up to be a great machine, but actually looking at the launch games I'm a bit disappointed.

I'm getting killzone anyway but would've really liked infamous too. Will probably get assassins creed if it's any good.

That leaves a lot of time inbetween with nothing after the launch for a few months until infamous and who knows after. I'm not into COD and preferred WW2 battlefield games so that rules them out.

Hmmm.. second guessing my pre-order a bit now

Edit: Forgot watch dogs. Yep, I'm happy enough with it again :p

Hmm don't forget we still have Gamescom August 21-25 and Tokyo Game Show(TGS) Spetember 19-22
    So still some potential for some surprise announcements

Hmm don't forget we still have Gamescom August 21-25 and Tokyo Game Show(TGS) Spetember 19-22
    So still some potential for some surprise announcements

Uncharted 4 would be perfect! Shame there's no hope for that happening this year though

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

Uncharted 4 would be perfect! Shame there's no hope for that happening this year though

hmm I have uncharted 1, 2 and 3 but i only ever played until after the U-boat/Submarine in the first one then kinda gave up should i give it another try?

hmm I have uncharted 1, 2 and 3 but i only ever played until after the U-boat/Submarine in the first one then kinda gave up should i give it another try?

Need you even ask? :P Uncharted 1 is my favourite and the rest are fantastic as well. Highly recommend you do, I bet you'll love them. It's like playing an Indiana Jones movie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You need a good kick up the arse as its where game starts.

I guess if you ever loved Indiana Jones. Movies then uncharted is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

It's like playing an Indiana Jones movie

But with better acting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I gave up on uncharted 1 as I couldn't get around the castle part where you had to swing on a rope.

Things might be a bit slow in the games front until the new year for the PS4. I'm not sure if there are any killer games for the PS3 coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

NUTZZ wrote: »
    FIFA 14 and COD day one launch you say?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7SDX-JYsCnW_mOw-hU8RShZAgAMCpA6FVPe8AC5Vs9jkocaZksg

Was thinking the same. Throw in Battlefield and Driveclub, along with the playstation plus games, it's enough to keep me going for the best part of a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Amazon US has the release date for 31st Dec. That can't be right?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Standard-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVQO/ref=zg_bs_videogames_1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

RasTa wrote: »
    Amazon US has the release date for 31st Dec. That can't be right?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Standard-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVQO/ref=zg_bs_videogames_1

Placeholder. Oct 29th is the rumoured date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anybody having trouble redeeming their GameStop deposit code? It says "Sorry, this coupon is no longer valid for your account" when I enter the code they emailed me this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I will cry in happiness if it comes out on October, that means I can play BF4 on PS4 :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Holy crap?....is the PS4 really that small compared to the X1 :eek:
    Anyone up for a size comparison?

image_304219_fit_940.jpg

The PS4 is about the size of the first PS3 slim. I'm really surprised by how massive the X1 is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Will everyone need now to subscribe/pay to PSN+ in order to play online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yes, although you won't need to if you only want to go online to access Netflix or other services.

Will everyone need now to subscribe/pay to PSN+ in order to play online?

You won't to pay to play F2P first party games online like DC Univers Online and Planetside 2, but everything else yes.

• Advertisement

Can't see it coming out that early. 2nd -3rd week in November would be more realistic with the third party games release dates like AC4 and Watch Dogs matching up with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement