Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

will their be a code for a free month/14 days or whatever of psn+ in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Holy crap?....is the PS4 really that small compared to the X1 :eek:

It's gets better, the X1 will have an external power supply brick too while the PS4 has it built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It's gets better, the X1 will have an external power supply brick too while the PS4 has it built in.

This might be an odd thing to say... but this news confirmed my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I don't understand people's joyus reaction to negative elements to the Xbox one unless you have shares in Sony maybe. Surely the consumer will be better off if both consoles do well so there is more competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Is GTA 5 coming out on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I don't understand people's joyus reaction to negative elements to the Xbox one unless you have shares in Sony maybe. Surely the consumer will be better off if both consoles do well so there is more competition.

Well, people will probably end up with more real life friends on the one freinds list, now. I suppose that's one thing I'm looking forward to.

Not enough to enjoy Ms' downfall, or anything.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

That's what happened last time, all the negative comments made Sony up their game with the strong competition and have come out fighting with the PS4. Sony got slated left right and centre with the PS3 launch

Is GTA 5 coming out on PS4?

As it stands now no. It's up to Rockstar, they have said it's coming to 360/PS3 and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

It gets even better, the X1 power brick is bigger than the controller itself!

dDGBpTj.png

I don't get how they weren't able to get the power supply in the box considering how big it is when the PS4 has it built in and is smaller :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

MarkY91 wrote: »
    will their be a code for a free month/14 days or whatever of psn+ in the box?

i'd say its almost guaranteed you'll get 1 month free with every ps4....to boost subscription numbers.

• Advertisement

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130611PD207.html

The upstream supply chain reportedly has already started shipping orders for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) in June, and volumes may reach one million units per month by September for the year-end holidays. Meanwhile, volume shipments for Microsoft's Xbox One are expected to start in the third quarter, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The PS4 reportedly is manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and the Xbox One by Pegatron Technology, while their components are supplied by Lite-On IT, Lite-On Technology, Foxlink, Asia Optical, Kinko Optical, Newmax, Foxconn Technology, Coxon, Nishoku, Elite Advanced Laser, Tong Hsing Electronic Industries, Adda, Delta Electronics, Chicony Electronics and Neng Tyi, the sources said. However, Sony and Foxconn declined to comment about the rumors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

One million per month? That seems a little low, that would mean there'd only be about 2-3million for launch.

Most of those companies ^ are non silicon/chips.....they are suppliers for the PS4 moulded body, heatsinks, optical heads and motors, LED's, fans, pretty much anything not on the motherboard,

Note: the AUX connector on the back of the PS4 is only able to be used with the Eye camera, as its not a generic USB port, it also provides power, 2 amp i belive.

Standard USB 2.0 provies 500mAh.

Sony says that they haven't won yet:
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-we-had-one-good-day-but-it-s-not-over-yet/0117256

Thats the attitude I like to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    It gets even better, the X1 power brick is bigger than the controller itself!

dDGBpTj.png

I don't get how they weren't able to get the power supply in the box considering how big it is when the PS4 has it built in and is smaller :confused:

Does anyone have a link to this video? I can't find it on wired.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EGriff wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to this video? I can't find it on wired.com

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

Embedded half way down; shows the controller.

Direct link to Video

it baffles me why they cant integrate the psu into the X1 when you consider the console is the size of an old VCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

it baffles me why they cant integrate the psu into the X1 when you consider the console is the size of an old VCR.

Microsoft is a software company, they've never been good at the hardware side of things and wouldn't have the same level of engineering as Sony would have in their console.

They could also want to take as much precaution as possible to avoid another RROD fiasco and the power brick and massive size could help to avoid overheating problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 DuggiexD

Does anyone know if DayZ is coming to PlayStation 4?

DuggiexD wrote: »
    Does anyone know if DayZ is coming to PlayStation 4?

Most likely after the PC release. Rocket prefers Sony's business model over Microsoft so a PS4 release is more likely over a release on Xbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Most likely after the PC release. Rocket prefers Sony's business model over Microsoft so a PS4 release is more likely over a release on Xbone.

I don't see how its possible to play DayZ without a keyboard and mouse. There are just too many different controls when you consider aircraft, land vehicles and all the different player controls that there are in Arma. How is it going to work? I know the standalone is a seperate game but it still uses the Arma engine.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't see how its possible to play DayZ without a keyboard and mouse. There are just too many different controls when you consider aircraft, land vehicles and all the different player controls that there are in Arma. How is it going to work? I know the standalone is a seperate game but it still uses the Arma engine.

Arma can already be played with a controller on the PC, you just lose some bindings, but you get all the controls you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

They just pre authorise €400 off the card to make sure it's there but they won't take it till it ships. It's the way all online shops work.

I have already been charged the full amount from xtravision.

Woofstuff wrote: »

Risky move. You sure your xtravision won't shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Risky move. You sure your xtravision won't shut down?

they won't all shut so you will get your PS4 but might have to go to another store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Woofstuff wrote: »

Very risky that and for the price of it as well, I just went into Gamestop and put 50 down back in February and can pay the rest off when I collect it on the launch day .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Why didn't they show BF4 on the PS4 so if the PS4 is "so good"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement