Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Xenji wrote: »
    Asked about it in my gamestop in town and they said it goes by the list they have and that they would call you the week of the launch to see if you will be paying it off on the day, those that do not have the money will be bumped down the list. But if they only get 20 consoles in on the launch day, then you better hope you ordered early, the list in town was over the 30 mark in march.

Hopefully it does go by the names/contact numbers. I'm first on the list in Childers Road Limerick, i plan to have it paid off the day before. By rights it *should* go by names and not first come first serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Good news on the pre-order side of things! Gamestop have released a statement saying they will take unlimited amounts of pre-orders for the time being. Obviously Sony is anticipating a big launch with many units so they might not be quite as sparse as we'd originally thought.

ps4-gamestop.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maybe i will get one at launch then :P

Maybe i will get one at launch then :P

Ah g'wan sure, t'will be daycent :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So when are people starting to queue? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Will the stores (eg Xtravision) be open at midnight or early ?

I cant believe someone bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Will the stores (eg Xtravision) be open at midnight or early ?

i asked the man in xtravision kimmage about midnight release when iwas pre-ordering. he didnt seem to know but i got the impression that they had no plans on doing it yet they do midnight release for call of duty and fifa every year??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll its a bit early to be expecting an answer on that, but i suppose if there's enough talk it might get serious consideration.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    So when are people starting to queue? :pac:

I have my tent setup outside Smyth's right now.....;)

You've left it a bit late. Fingers crossed you manage to get a console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Amateur, I'm living inside the store in one of the children's playhouses :pac:.

Just a few things, i *assume* all your username/password/DOB/address etc. will be transfered via your online account to the PS4?....would make setting things up alot easier.

Is anyone gonna do an unboxing vid for Boardsies?....i was thinking of doing one on the night, exclusive to the PS Boards forum :-)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i asked the man in xtravision kimmage about midnight release when iwas pre-ordering. he didnt seem to know but i got the impression that they had no plans on doing it yet they do midnight release for call of duty and fifa every year??

I just called into the local Xtravision, they said they weren't on the close list so I put €10 on a PS4. It's not much and I think I will pay the full amount very close to the launch date just in case.

They couldn't say much about a late opening, I think its only a COD thing. Still I can pick it up 10am the next day.

So strange. The last consoles came out 7 years ago and they won't do a midnight launch this time, but they will for an annual COD which is pretty much the same game every single year :confused:

I couldn't bother myself with a midnight launch but these consoles are big deals

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    So strange. The last consoles came out 7 years ago and they won't do a midnight launch this time, but they will for an annual COD which is pretty much the same game every single year :confused:

I couldn't bother myself with a midnight launch but these consoles are big deals

I'm sorry but thats ridiculous. We are half a year away from the consoles launching. We know nothing about how shops plan on releasing it.

I spoke to the manager of Smyth's in Limerick, he said it'll go by your receipt....as in they'll set aside the console with your name/mobile number and call you to say its ready for collection....this assumes you've paid it off?

So i guess it does go by the list, what he didnt say was what happens if you get 100 preorders and only get 20 units, your position on the list would be very imprortant in that scenario.

I guess its way too early to be asking, we'll know more a couple of weeks before launch, he did confirm a midnight opening and extra staff for the night launch.

miralize wrote: »
    I'm sorry but thats ridiculous. We are half a year away from the consoles launching. We know nothing about how shops plan on releasing it.
    So strange in the sense that they know already that they're doing a COD midnight launch yet are unsure about a next gen games console. Both coming out half a year away as you said.
    I spoke to the manager of Smyth's in Limerick, he said it'll go by your receipt....as in they'll set aside the console with your name/mobile number and call you to say its ready for collection....this assumes you've paid it off?

So i guess it does go by the list, what he didnt say was what happens if you get 100 preorders and only get 20 units, your position on the list would be very imprortant in that scenario.

I guess its way too early to be asking, we'll know more a couple of weeks before launch, he did confirm a midnight opening and extra staff for the night launch.
    Delighted to hear that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I just called into the local Xtravision, they said they weren't on the close list so I put €10 on a PS4. It's not much and I think I will pay the full amount very close to the launch date just in case.

They couldn't say much about a late opening, I think its only a COD thing. Still I can pick it up 10am the next day.

ridicilous huh? i bet if certain xtravisions get lots of pre-orders then they may open at midnight. i wouldnt like the idea of taking my 5 minute walk home at that late hour with a ps4 and some games though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I remember there was 2 muggings outside xtravision at the ps3 midnight launch here. Id rather pick it up at 9am tbh, full day of gaming rather than a few hours before passing out of tiredness.

ridicilous huh? i bet if certain xtravisions get lots of pre-orders then they may open at midnight. i wouldnt like the idea of taking my 5 minute walk home at that late hour with a ps4 and some games though

taxi...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why would anyone queue outside a store at night to get a console?

Ridiculous. Never had to do it for any console. There are loads of other platforms like Pc etc... and existing consoles to get games on in the mean time.

The only reason to queue all night is to be the first to post a Youtube first impression or something which is unlikely to be someone from Ireland anyway.

Don't bother, save yourself the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its for the craic :p atmosphere etc.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its for the craic :p atmosphere etc.

Hmmmmm, my definition of craic involves just a wee bit of fun :D i joke, i get the queue thing. It's not my cuppa tea as our climate sucks, but i get how it could be an enjoyable experience.

If they would open at midnight I would queue up for that. The store is not far from where I live and I couldn't call it anyway dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I wouldn't be considering midnight launch if the gamestop wasn't so close to me in fairness. Bit of a pain to get stuck in town till 3am waiting for the nightlink and then being too tired to enjoy it anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone agree that the move from PS3 to PS4 is a lesser jump than PS1 to PS2, PS2 to PS3 etc?

In other words, unless you have an eye on a game (e.g. BF4) why the excitement?

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone agree that the move from PS3 to PS4 is a lesser jump than PS1 to PS2, PS2 to PS3 etc?

It's new. New == Good.

right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

mozattack wrote: »

amount-of-polygons.png

I personally won't be getting it until around Summer next year, but I can see why people would want to get it at launch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement