Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The headset definitely comes with it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The headset definitely comes with it,

I thought it'd be more substantial than that one though, better than nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I doubt the headset will be any good tbh, if youve ever tried phoning someone with one of those apple earphone/mics plugged into the phone, the sound quality is piss poor.
    Il stick to my stereo pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Least we get a free HDMI this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Scylla wrote: »
    I doubt the headset will be any good tbh, if youve ever tried phoning someone with one of those apple earphone/mics plugged into the phone, the sound quality is piss poor.
    Il stick to my stereo pair.

As will I, assuming its compatible,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

eddhorse wrote: »
    Least we get a free HDMI this time :)

Makes no odds really as you can get them for about €2 now. I payed €40 for one in 2006.:eek:

Beefy78 wrote: »
    As will I, assuming its compatible,

If youve got turtle beaches, heres some good news:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/as-it-stands-turtle-beach-s-current-headsets-will-work-with-the-ps4-1159211

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yeah. i dont think the stand comes with it....but would be nice if it did. +1 on demo disc!....jaysus!....you need something to play on launch nite ffs!

The headset dosent look too bad, it'll get the job done. Though i would like to see longer cables, 2m wont cut it!

Will it support other cables or just the HDMI?

Yeah. i dont think the stand comes with it....but would be nice if it did.

I wonder if itll stand on its side fine without the stand, its fairly thin, at least compared to the original 'fat' PS3.
    TheGunns wrote: »

Just HDMI

• Advertisement

Lads, we should try get some links going for better quality headsets, stereo at the very least....mic is essential!....has to be a 4-pole 3.5mm jack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I still have my demo disk from the PS1 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TheGunns wrote: »

Just hdmi looking at the connections on it

Chinpool wrote: »
    Just hdmi looking at the connections on it

Just found it's listed in the specs as the only output

hdmi 1.4a cable. strangely despite supporting usb 3.0, no cable?

I know the DS4 is USB 2.0....is it mini or micro USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

great news i got a new headset before xmas glad i dont need to spend €100+ on a headset at launch

Lads, we should try get some links going for better quality headsets, stereo at the very least....mic is essential!....has to be a 4-pole 3.5mm jack

Well this is the pair i got:
    https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-px3/50

Audio quality is great and battery is insanely good, though they are a little heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i have earforce kilo headset not too heavy and very comfortable, i find them great for cod(adjust ingame audio) paid €65 for em in argos on special offer
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/call-of-duty-headsets/ear-force-kilo/66

Well this is the pair i got:
    https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-px3/50

Audio quality is great and battery is insanely good, though they are a little heavy.

I got the ear force M1 for an amazing 13 quid in Argos! :D

https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-m1/40

• Advertisement

I got the ear force M1 for an amazing 13 quid in Argos! :D

https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-m1/40

If you plug those type directly into the dualshock 4 controller, i wonder how much faster the battery would drain.

If you plug those type directly into the dualshock 4 controller, i wonder how much faster the battery would drain.

Dunno....but i suspect Ebay will have longer life batteries like the DS3, i got a 1800mAh for pennies there, had to crack open the DS3 but it was easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Has the PS4 console design really grown on anybody else? When I first saw it I thought it was fecking ugly, as ugly as the X1 design, but from seeing the pics I'm really liking it now. I know what it looks like is the least important thing but it looks great!

Like that two-tone black colour, slant and blue LED stripe :D

image_303663_fit_940.jpg

image_303664_fit_940.jpg

The blue light is the coolest bit for me but im a bit its 'backwards'. The disc tray on the left instead of the right means when i replace my ps3 with it, itll be pointing in at the wall (iv no room on the other side of the tv).

The blue light is the coolest bit for me but im a bit its 'backwards'. The disc tray on the left instead of the right means when i replace my ps3 with it, itll be pointing in at the wall (iv no room on the other side of the tv).

Yeah I noticed that myself cos the PS2 and and PS3 where on the right so I was going "hang on..". I guess it's to do with the glossy black section, that's where they wanted the disc slot to be I presume as it all ties in better then. Just an obsessive attention to detail that prevailed I suppose. Ah well :p

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that myself cos the PS2 and and PS3 where on the right so I was going "hang on..". I guess it's to do with the glossy black section, that's where they wanted the disc slot to be I presume as it all ties in better then. Just an obsessive attention to detail that prevailed I suppose. Ah well :p

It looks much better standing up so im gonna have to rearrange the furniture so the bottom of the ps4 isnt facing the front :o

The xbone has it on the left too, maybe its a technical thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

From sounds of things as the PS4 has optical out so you'll still get game audio on most of the high end headsets, but if your headset does not use optical then your TV will have to have either a composite out (using red and white) or 3.5mm (headphone jack) that is not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Has the PS4 console design really grown on anybody else? When I first saw it I thought it was fecking ugly, as ugly as the X1 design, but from seeing the pics I'm really liking it now. I know what it looks like is the least important thing but it looks great!

Weirdly for me, when it's flat down, I think it's ugly, but when it's standing up, it looks very cool :confused:

Though I like it standing up, it seems a bit too boxy for my liking and I prefer it flat cos I can see the angular slant of it.. well in reality that'd only be true from those pics as it'll just be head-on at me IRL. Either way I approve though.

It is strange how MS has the disc slot on the left too and both their designs are more subdued and minimalistic, and not to mention both have very similar system architecture. I wonder were there many leaks design wise which lead to one following the direction of the other?

• Advertisement

On the teaser trailer before they showed the console there was a roundy bit, about 12 secs in here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWwxbVGbpg

What was it? Theres definitely no roundy bit on the PS4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement