Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

As my PS3 has recently broken I'll more than likely be buying a PS4 around launch.

The only games I'm really looking forward to are FIFA 14 and Watch Dogs which looks good.
    I was also really excited for Beyond: Two Souls, having loved Heavy Rain, but I guess I'll have to give it a miss if it isn't on PS4. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

aindriu80 wrote: »

It is not the first time that date has been doing the rounds, although the PS 1,2 and 3 were released in europe on a Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Any chance there might me a few days of a gap like with games? In America they usually come out on tuesday, whereas they release here on fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Current odds on favourites for the EU/UK launch date is the 15 or 22 of November. The games release on Fridays and so do consoles in the UK. Europe gets them a day or two earlier at times like the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd like to think they'll get the console out before call of duty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Xenji wrote: »
    It is not the first time that date has been doing the rounds, although the PS 1,2 and 3 were released in europe on a Friday.

Yes but this time its the German retailer leaking the release date. I would place my house on it

Yes but this time its the German retailer leaking the release date. I would place my house on it

That news is 2 weeks old though and came from a branch of Media Market in Amsterdam, once it was reported it was quickly taken down.

That news is 2 weeks old though and came from a branch of Media Market in Amsterdam, once it was reported it was quickly taken down.

I know I posted it. It had pictures of the in store PS4 release date. The german leak is just yesterday AFAIK.

I know I posted it. It had pictures of the in store PS4 release date. The german leak is just yesterday AFAIK.

I reckon they are just late getting on the story, the company that owns the chain is German, and they are saying it was the Amsterdam store again.

I reckon they are just late getting on the story, the company that owns the chain is German, and they are saying it was the Amsterdam store again.

Hopefully Sony will spill the beans sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement

I am starting to think they are holding back on it as they do not know yet how many consoles they will have ready for the release, we know the US market will get more than the European and will come first, they could get it a few months before Europe, so as to give Sony more time to have a high supply for the market.

I am starting to think they are holding back on it as they do not know yet how many consoles they will have ready for the release, we know the US market will get more than the European and will come first, they could get it a few months before Europe, so as to give Sony more time to have a high supply for the market.

They are going toe to toe launch for India alongside Europe which is a surprise for me but I don't think there are any holdups. One of the senior Sony execs will have to budge soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Apparently they wont tell us the release date til Gamescom which is Aug 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

They said they'd announce the date at gamescom, so there'll be no bean spilling any time soon. I think they're hoping MS announce it first just so they can give some strategic thought as to when to release it. My guess is 15 of November, the 12th could apply to the US and they're just getting the wrong end of the stick by thinking it most also launch in Europe on that date too.

I've a feeling they could have the PS4 out sooner than MS.

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    They said they'd announce the date at gamescom, so there'll be no bean spilling any time soon. I think they're hoping MS announce it first just so they can give some strategic thought as to when to release it. My guess is 15 of November, the 12th could apply to the US and they're just getting the wrong end of the stick by thinking it most also launch in Europe on that date too.

I've a feeling they could have the PS4 out sooner than MS.

Well we know the Xbox is coming out in November, but if Sony could even beat them out by a week it would really stand to them, plus the Xbox will only be sold in 21 countries and if you buy one outside of those 21 it will not work, this includes a lot of the Eastern European countries including Poland and Ukraine, plus for some reason Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Well we know the Xbox is coming out in November, but if Sony could even beat them out by a week it would really stand to them, plus the Xbox will only be sold in 21 countries and if you buy one outside of those 21 it will not work, this includes a lot of the Eastern European countries including Poland and Ukraine, plus for some reason Portugal.

I thought they got rid of all the region locking stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Media markt is the largest electronics retailer in Europe and 2nd in the world to Best Buy so if there is a date leak from them I'd say it's fairly nailed on and that there has been a clear indication from Sony. Only way I think this could change is if ms are very worried about order numbers and try to release Halloween weekend.

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I thought they got rid of all the region locking stuff?

Nope you can only purchase it in these countries, it will not register in any other ones :

• Australia
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Russia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • United Kingdom
    • United States

Nope you can only purchase it in these countries, it will not register in any other ones :

• Australia
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Russia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • United Kingdom
    • United States

Oh right ok, thought all that went out the window with the 180 they did.

No that was one thing they did not change, you cannot register with Xbox live if you are outside of these countries, which means the system will not work, you do not have to update every 24 hours now, but you need a once off update when you get the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

What 180 would that be your taking about? think your in the wrong forum mate, twas m$ that did the 180 on their stuff :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The Xbox One thread is beating us by 4,000 views.....:(

Well we know the Xbox is coming out in November, but if Sony could even beat them out by a week it would really stand to them, plus the Xbox will only be sold in 2g countries and if you buy one outside of those 21 it will not work, this includes a lot of the Eastern European countries including Poland and Ukraine, plus for some reason Portugal.

Cadete - I was replying to the above post. Im not on the wrong forum mate, I know it was Microsoft that did the u turn on their policies, I thought when they had said they were getting rid of region locking the above policy had changed also. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Any surprise? MS really made a balls of things whereas sony's been smooth sailing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Hardly shocked. There's been more drama going on with Microsoft then an episode of game of thrones. Nothing but blood and killing the last few weeks :P

I keep going there when I need a good laugh, sure I am not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

its all us playstation guys who visit the xbox one thread out of interest thats got them more views :P i like seeing the fanboys moan at eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Not even looked at the xbox thread, and me and my xbox 360 have been exclusive this gen :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So we'll find out the PS4 date in less than 2 months, not too bad :)

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    So we'll find out the PS4 date in less than 2 months, not too bad :)

They should pull a Saturn and tell everyone that it is in selected stores right now when they announce it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement