Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Now Sony are saying the DS4 lightbar can be turned off, but only by game developers. As in it stays on by default and cant be switched off by the user in the settings menu.
    But if a game gets released and dosent use/need the lightbar the game maker can switch it off: http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-4-Game-Developers-Can-Turn-Off-DualShock-4-Light-Bar-366717.shtml

While not what the consumer wants, full control...guess its a sorta compromise.

This is top of the list of things I really don't care about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No, i don't think many of us are gonna be put off in the slightest :P i could never turn off any if the indicator lights on any of my other consoles or controllers, this is much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/418199/drive-club-ps-plus-version-wont-have-all-cars-and-tracks/

Don't think this was posted, some details about what the PS Plus version of Drive Club will be. It will have all the modes but will be missing a few tracks and cars, and it can be upgraded to the full version for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not ideal, but if it gets bad, it's nothing 89c can't sort out.

marker1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

If I preorder will I be able to pay the €400 now? Hopefully getting some money soon and don't wanna try and hold on to it for months. :)

• Advertisement

e_e wrote: »
    If I preorder will I be able to pay the €400 now? Hopefully getting some money soon and don't wanna try and hold on to it for months. :)

It depends where you preorder it. Gamestop will allow it, Smyths won't but you can put it onto a gift card instead. Most online places won't take it until it's dispatched. Although you may have left it a bit late if you want it at launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Thanks, I don't mind as long as I get it before Christmas. In fact it'll be a nice thing to open on Christmas morning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Awww i got excited there :( , thats weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

fun times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm going to draw a dick on my tab,

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Now Sony are saying the DS4 lightbar can be turned off, but only by game developers. As in it stays on by default and cant be switched off by the user in the settings menu.
    But if a game gets released and dosent use/need the lightbar the game maker can switch it off: http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-4-Game-Developers-Can-Turn-Off-DualShock-4-Light-Bar-366717.shtml

Things must be good if the only thing we can pick fault with about the console is an LED light we can't turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

It be price 0f the games that will kill it for me €65 expensive probably just get 1 game.Wouldnt wanna get a Xbox one €500 and having to buy batteries plus game and Xbox live €620 the ps4 about €510 with +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

rob808 wrote: »
    It be price 0f the games that will kill it for me €65 expensive probably just get 1 game.Wouldnt wanna get a Xbox one €500 and having to buy batteries plus game and Xbox live €620 the ps4 about €510 with +

Games will be €50, same as now. Those are just placeholder prices AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It depends where you preorder it. Gamestop will allow it, Smyths won't but you can put it onto a gift card instead. Most online places won't take it until it's dispatched. Although you may have left it a bit late if you want it at launch day.

If anyone pre-ordered from Amazon, just buy yourself gift certificates and apply them to your open order. Have £150 paid off mine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If anyone pre-ordered from Amazon, just buy yourself gift certificates and apply them to your open order. Have £150 paid off mine so far.

By pre ordering on Amazon do you not have to pay up front or is it a pay on release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

By pre ordering on Amazon do you not have to pay up front or is it a pay on release date?

It's taken when it's shipped. You do know that it's €20 more expensive on Amazon when you can still pre order in Smyths here for the normal price, if you are close'ish to one. No waiting around for postmen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

It's taken when it's shipped. You do know that it's €20 more expensive on Amazon when you can still pre order in Smyths here for the normal price, if you are close'ish to one. No waiting around for postmen either.

Guaranteed to eventually get one from Amazon, I wouldn't trust any of the Irish stores even if I pre ordered on getting it before Christmas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

1ZRed wrote: »
    Games will be €50, same as now. Those are just placeholder prices AFAIK.

First party games are staying at current gen prices.
    I haven't heard what the rest are doing yet, so they may not be placeholder prices anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

F1ngers wrote: »
    First party games are staying at current gen prices.
    I haven't heard what the rest are doing yet, so they may not be placeholder prices anymore.
    EA what 54.99 pounds for there games so €65 can't see them selling many games at that price for next gen games.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    EA what 54.99 pounds for there games so €65 can't see them selling many games at that price for next gen games.

People will want to play games on their new consoles, some will pay €65 for that privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

I'd prob be buying it from Amazon UK I'd say Chaos since I'm in Newry, just there's nowhere handy I can go and just gradually throw in a few quid whne have it so that the hit wouldn't be as big come release time...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,166 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi looking for a little help here. I can't quite decide which of the next gen consoles to go with. I've had in my house all previous playstations

Hi looking for a little help here. I can't quite decide which of the next gen consoles to go with. I've had in my house all previous playstations and Xbox. The dedicated servers of the x1 would be great but the price and power of the ps4 are also very appealing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hi looking for a little help here. I can't quite decide which of the next gen consoles to go with. I've had in my house all previous playstations

Have a look at the games being released on each console - decide on what one you prefer, or ask your mates what they are getting and decide that way.

Thanks for that. I play mostly online and have a regular group I play with on Xbox live. However a few friends of mine will be getting the ps4 so it's a toss up. Destiny and cod will prob be my main games for the first while. But titanfall does look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I play mostly online and have a regular group I play with on Xbox live. However a few friends of mine will be getting the ps4 so it's a toss up. Destiny and cod will prob be my main games for the first while. But titanfall does look good.

Also have a look at this if you are interested in the spec's of both machines and what they offer.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Xenji wrote: »
    Also have a look at this if you are interested in the spec's of both machines and what they offer.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Thank you. I have looked up a lot of info on boh machines. Just a lot of money to be shelling out and don't want to regret getting the wrong machine.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/354988714289684480/photo/1

Anyone see this teaser. It's teasing a new Playstation game by Insomniac, who've confirmed it will be revealed tomorrow. It's a picture (of something like a portal or something) with the words "When Worlds Collide..... Heroes Return". Possibly a PS4 Ratchet, although what I'm really hoping is the worlds colliding part is hinting at a crossover between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter (I'm probably reading too much into it though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/10/ps4s-digital-library-lets-you-play-your-games-anywhere-on-anyones-console/

That is one of the biggest features Xbox One was boasting before the policy reversal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement