Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

All those type of features are amazing but it all comes down to internet speed, and i know a lot of people just dont have the speeds for this to function properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Keith wrote: »
    All those type of features are amazing but it all comes down to internet speed, and i know a lot of people just dont have the speeds for this to function properly.

It exists though, I'm not entirely sure whether Xbox can implement something like this later easily.

Just noticed the Blu Ray drive, makes the purchase more worthwhile. Never even realised when looking at the new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's the activation limits on the Sony consoles, you can have a Ps3 game active on 2 consoles and while every profile can play those game it's still limited to 2.

Does this means that you can have 2 active consoles and as long as it's the owners profile it can be played on other PS4s as otherwise this is not that great. On the 360s system the owning profile can always play the game regardless of system and the purchasing 360 can allow all accounts to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Varik wrote: »
    There's the activation limits on the Sony consoles, you can have a Ps3 game active on 2 consoles and while every profile can play those game it's still limited to 2.

Does this means that you can have 2 active consoles and as long as it's the owners profile it can be played on other PS4s as otherwise this is not that great. On the 360s system the owning profile can always play the game regardless of system and the purchasing 360 can allow all accounts to play it.

From the sounds of it that limit is gone on the PS4 otherwise this system wouldn't work.

From the sounds of it that limit is gone on the PS4 otherwise this system wouldn't work.

There has to be some sort of activation limits, or digital sales will be abused. The Ps3s was very fair as it didn't limit or restrict families.

I've 2 Ps3s and while one is just used my me mostly the other is used by everyone and buying digitally allows for both consoles to get the games and lets everyone use their own account. I'd hate for them to go to a system like MS where it's based on the purchasing console and the purchasing account.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    There has to be some sort of activation limits, or digital sales will be abused. The Ps3s was very fair as it didn't limit or restrict families.

I've 2 Ps3s and while one is just used my me mostly the other is used by everyone and buying digitally allows for both consoles to get the games and lets everyone use their own account. I'd hate for them to go to a system like MS where it's based on the purchasing console and the purchasing account.

Perhaps they'll implement some sort of system where the digital content can only be played on one account at a given time.
    That would get rid of the gamesharing problem they had on PS3, whilst still providing a good enough upside.

Perhaps they'll implement some sort of system where the digital content can only be played on one account at a given time.
    That would get rid of the gamesharing problem they had on PS3, whilst still providing a good enough upside.

it's need to be online for that and the upside is terrible compared to the current system.

The gamesharing was only a problem when they allowed 5 active systems the current 2 systems was still better for families without any gamesharing issues and if they were to go to this alternate setup then I've no reason to support digital sales over the cheaper disc ones anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PlayStation-4_2013_02-27-13_008.jpg

150/220 trophies?

That overall for the PS4 or is that just knack?

i wish my friends list had beautiful girls like this lad.....:(

in other ps4 news.... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-10-sony-ps4-will-rekindle-diversity-of-psone-era

• Advertisement

Read somewhere that EA confirmed their games will have a RRP of 54.99 pounds, bit disappointing but not sure of the original source so might be more fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheGunns wrote: »
    Read somewhere that EA confirmed their games will have a RRP of 54.99 pounds, bit disappointing but not sure of the original source so might be more fluff

Aye, talked about this with budy today. Looks like it might be true. Hopefully EA going to be the only ones to go this stupid route. If they will try to push 70-80eu games on me, then I will just ignore them and buy ps4 games only on sales few months in.

Even now, I plan only on getting exclusives, PS+ and "on sale games" on PS4. My main gaming machine still going to be PC.

Aye, talked about this with budy today. Looks like it might be true. Hopefully EA going to be the only ones to go this stupid route. If they will try to push 70-80eu games on me, then I will just ignore them and buy ps4 games only on sales few months in.

Even now, I plan only on getting exclusives, PS+ and "on sale games" on PS4. My main gaming machine still going to be PC.

Yeah PS+, FIFA and Watchdogs will do me for the year. It's not bad money for something like FIFA if you put some time in, I've clocked a serious amount of hours on this years and not bought any other games really tbh, but for the casual player it's steep.

70 euro for a game will just put me more off buying titles on release again, just wait for discounts

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I could see it working for them with FIFA and COD but every other game will struggle to sell on release day if it's a good bit more expensive than other release day games.

The general RRP right now in sterling is £50, but prices of games in shops are much cheaper. In fairness a with the exception of Sony first party games at the launch of the PS3 all other games were €70-80, games will get cheaper as the market increases in order to capture that extra few customers.

Only ordered Killzone, will be fine with the free games and planetside 2.

80 quid for one game????....and if you trade it in to Gamestop they give you 6 quid?....and resell it for 50???.....no thanks!

I'll wait six feckin months and get a second hand copy chea, EA are well cheeky with this 80 quid!!....now you see why they dumped the online pass, they've tagged an extra 10-15 quid on to each game.

I could see it working for them with FIFA and COD but every other game will struggle to sell on release day if it's a good bit more expensive than other release day games.

If BF4 is 80 quid on launch you can forget it, you'll have a few nutters buying it but i think most wait wait for second hand copies.

I paid 75 for motorstorm and resistance at the PS3 launch, theyll drop after 6 months or so. At least Killzone and Knack are still 59.99

Apparently its Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618181&page=44

Deano7788 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/354988714289684480/photo/1

Anyone see this teaser. It's teasing a new Playstation game by Insomniac, who've confirmed it will be revealed tomorrow. It's a picture (of something like a portal or something) with the words "When Worlds Collide..... Heroes Return". Possibly a PS4 Ratchet, although what I'm really hoping is the worlds colliding part is hinting at a crossover between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter (I'm probably reading too much into it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

80 euro for a game? i knew the ps4 sounded too good to be true :L always a catch..

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    80 euro for a game? i knew the ps4 sounded too good to be true :L always a catch..

For EA games, and its the same price on both consoles.
    Although I'd say they'll cap it at around 69.99, anything more than that and not even the crazy people will buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

For EA games, and its the same price on both consoles.
    Although I'd say they'll cap it at around 69.99, anything more than that and not even the crazy people will buy it.

EA can suck a dick if they think I'm paying €70-€80 to play battlefield 4. €50 is my limit for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MarkY91 wrote: »

If it ends up at that price, Xbone will be the exact same.

1ZRed wrote: »
    EA can suck a dick if they think I'm paying €70-€80 to play battlefield 4. €50 is my limit for games.

Dont forget the 4 15euro dlcs and numerous weapon packs you can pay to unlock :pac:

If its 80quid, im cancelling my bf4 preorder and il stick with watchdogs, killzone and knack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Apparently its Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618181&page=44

Yep I saw that, and it's a PS3 game. Dammit!

I hope Arkham Origins and GTA V get ported to the PS4, looking forward to Sniper Elite V3 on the PS4 also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PlayStation-4_2013_02-27-13_008.jpg

Why are the players always friends with hot chicks when in reality they probably never even spoke to a girl!

If BF4 is 80 quid on launch you can forget it, you'll have a few nutters buying it but i think most wait wait for second hand copies.

I will be one of those "nutters".

Buy for €80 = have game

Wait 2 months, get it for €50 maybe = didnt have game for 2 months

Cost = €3.33 per week to have the game over waiting for it to be second hand.

Keith wrote: »
    Dont forget the 4 15euro dlcs and numerous weapon packs you can pay to unlock :pac:

If its 80quid, im cancelling my bf4 preorder and il stick with watchdogs, killzone and knack.

Don't by the DLCs then if they are not worth it... never understand people's points on this.

Enjoy Killzone for 50 hrs (max) for the €60 while I rack up 600 hours on BF4 for maybe €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

mozattack wrote: »
    Don't by the DLCs then if they are not worth it... never understand people's points on this.

Enjoy Killzone for 50 hrs (max) for the €60 while I rack up 600 hours on BF4 for maybe €150.

People's problem with DLC is the fact it's gotten way out of hand these days with things like day one map packs and content -things that should've been in the game but were left out deliberately just to rip off the consumer and get as much profit as possible from them. All that instantly takes away from the original game and experience.

It's getting worse now again with things like micro transactions. I know you find worth in it, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's your mentality that makes them think it's alright to keep doing it because people will buy it regardless anyway.

Some DLC down the line can be great and benefit the game a lot by adding new life to it. BFBC 2 Vietnam expansion was great, shame there's not more of that type of DLC anymore because that is worth it, not day one DLC packs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement