Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mozattack wrote: »
    I will be one of those "nutters".

Buy for €80 = have game

Wait 2 months, get it for €50 maybe = didnt have game for 2 months

Cost = €3.33 per week to have the game over waiting for it to be second hand.

Exactly. Plus if I get my moneys worth out of any non-PS+ game in a year it'll invariably be FIFA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I will be one of those "nutters".

Buy for €80 = have game

Wait 2 months, get it for €50 maybe = didnt have game for 2 months

Cost = €3.33 per week to have the game over waiting for it to be second hand.

a'ra g'way ya looney! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Why are the players always friends with hot chicks when in reality they probably never even spoke to a girl!

Ah, times are changing, in fairness. But if we ARE being fair, the people they use don't all have to look like Ambercrombie models.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Advertisement

Why isn't Laura on all our friends list?....at least we'd have ONE girl on it...... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Why isn't Laura on all our friends list?....at least we'd have ONE girl on it...... :-(

Ahaha I was just gonna post: Im a girl that plays games and I'm hot.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Ahaha I was just gonna post: Im a girl that plays games and I'm hot.

:D

Pics or we won't believe you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My missues has more platinums than me. It's quite embarrassing.

Xenji wrote: »
    Pics or we won't believe you ;)

Ok maybe not that hot but that's me lol

• Advertisement

Ok maybe not that hot but that's me lol

Lol why does it look like the security guy is trying to look down your chest

I thought he was interviewing her....or is the heat getting to me :confused:

Lol, his expression is hilarious!
    Sorry if being off topic btw...

Lol, his expression is hilarious!
    Sorry if being off topic btw...

So'k....not like feckin Sony are giving us much to work with, i mean...would it kill them for us to see the inside, a few shots of the mobo.....even some feckin shots of the OS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Go for a walk Richard. You're becoming obsessed. :pac:

EGriff wrote: »
    Go for a walk Richard. You're becoming obsessed. :pac:

did that, got some chicken wings and put a fiver on me ps4 preorder.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have a look at the games being released on each console - decide on what one you prefer, or ask your mates what they are getting and decide that way get a PS4.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    People's problem with DLC is the fact it's gotten way out of hand these days with things like day one map packs and content -things that should've been in the game but were left out deliberately just to rip off the consumer and get as much profit as possible from them. All that instantly takes away from the original game and experience.

It's getting worse now again with things like micro transactions. I know you find worth in it, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's your mentality that makes them think it's alright to keep doing it because people will buy it regardless anyway.

Some DLC down the line can be great and benefit the game a lot by adding new life to it. BFBC 2 Vietnam expansion was great, shame there's not more of that type of DLC anymore because that is worth it, not day one DLC packs.

Hi can you give me an example of what "micro transactions" are in the Battlefield context? I've heard of the word but dont know what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hi can you give me an example of what "micro transactions" are in the Battlefield context? I've heard of the word but dont know what it means

I don't think there is any in BF3, but in general its where the game has a store where you can buy weapons, cosmetic items, perks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I don't think there is any in BF3, but in general its where the game has a store where you can buy weapons, cosmetic items, perks etc.

Yeah the BF3 example is that instead of working your way up and unlocking the kit for each class, you can buy a shortcut bundle to unlock all the kit.

• Advertisement

Yeah the BF3 example is that instead of working your way up and unlocking the kit for each class, you can buy a shortcut bundle to unlock all the kit.

Was Mass Effect the same way, or could you not get the items without micro transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Was Mass Effect the same way, or could you not get the items without micro transactions.

For the multiplayer in 3 you could earn points to purchase packs with or you could use real world money/ MS points.

Okay so apparently how the "play your games on any console" system works is,
    You tie your SEN account to your home PS4, this is the PS4 you own that you mainly play on. When you download digital content you can always play it on your home PS4 offline or online, but if you want to play it on a different console at a friends house you will need to be signed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Okay so apparently how the "play your games on any console" system works is,
    You tie your SEN account to your home PS4, this is the PS4 you own that you mainly play on. When you download digital content you can always play it on your home PS4 offline or online, but if you want to play it on a different console at a friends house you will need to be signed in.

Wonder how many of those home consoles you can have, I have no doubt I'll have more than 1 ps4 after sometime.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Varik wrote: »
    Wonder how many of those home consoles you can have, I have no doubt I'll have more than 1 ps4 after sometime.

Oh yeah? Why's that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Oh yeah? Why's that?

Personally, one for me at launch and one for my son for christmas.

Varik wrote: »

I'd say two at most, though maybe you'll be able to deactivate it and re-activate it on different consoles.

- If people really wanted they could set their friend's PS4 as their home system, and then always play online on their console. Easy way to get two copies of every game and keep them forever.

Oh yeah? Why's that?
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Personally, one for me at launch and one for my son for christmas.

Same reason but I'm not planning on anything that close, in 2/3/4 years when it's in the €250-300.

Do you mean this christmas?
    I'd say two at most, though maybe you'll be able to deactivate it and re-activate it on different consoles.

- If people really wanted they could set their friend's PS4 as their home system, and then always play online on their console. Easy way to get two copies of every game and keep them forever.

2 would be fine, buying digital while sometimes more expensive means I don't need 2 copies of a lot of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was curious, I don't have kids so that prospect never entered my head :P

• Advertisement

The PS blog put up a video.

It's one physical PS4 that you nominate as your home console and then you can play on any other console as long as you signed in meaning you need an internet connection, well that sucks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement