Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why do you just post links and never a brief note on what it's about?
    Quote the first two lines of the article.
    (Never quote the full article though).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I hadn't heard about War Thunder but knew of the rest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Why do you just post links and never a brief note on what it's about?
    Quote the first two lines of the article.
    (Never quote the full article though).

Yeah dude, while I appreciate the links i wont click them without knowing what they're about...some explanation about why a link has been posted would be pretty sound

PS4 will support PS3 wireless headsets

The upcoming PlayStation 4 console will support previous generation PlayStation 3 wireless headsets, a Sony official at San Diego Comic-Con told Polygon.

PS4 consoles will still ship with their own mono headset in earbud form — comparatively, late last month Microsoft confirmed no Xbox One headset will be included in the base system of the console as the system will instead emphasize Kinect-driven voice inputs. Unlike PS4, previous-generation headsets will not be compatible with Xbox One controllers due to a new headset adapter port.

Polygon Article

Good to know. I assumed this anyway but it is nice to have some form of confirmation on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am more interested in these 3 free games your gonna get with your PS+ subscription, not so much Drive Club as I will probably be buying that anyway :

http://www.thegamersdrop.com/2013/07/01/ps4-playstation-plus-first-batch-of-free-games-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    I am more interested in these 3 free games your gonna get with your PS+ subscription, not so much Drive Club as I will probably be buying that anyway :

http://www.thegamersdrop.com/2013/07/01/ps4-playstation-plus-first-batch-of-free-games-revealed/
    That's some really good games for first month. It's great that you can just buy ps4 and ps+ only and have plenty to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Dont Starve is an amazing game, iv wasted more hours on that then on most 'big' titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Those games are games that will be on it in the first 12 months, not the first months game.
    Hoping Don't Starve comes to Vita as well, I think that'd be a great game on the vita.

Those games are games that will be on it in the first 12 months, not the first months game.
    Hoping Don't Starve comes to Vita as well, I think that'd be a great game on the vita.

Your wrong, they are the games the will be out for the first month of the PS4's PS+.

Well, one game I am certainly not interested in is Outlast.

...not because it's a bad game, but I am a big scaredy cat!

As for the others, check out the below videos

Secret Ponchos

Don't Starve

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Your wrong, they are the games the will be out for the first month of the PS4's PS+.

The linked article isn't totally clear on that as the content somewhat contradicts the headline, any chance you've seen this confirmed elsewhere?

The source of the article you linked to (http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/ps4-playstation-plus-kicks-off-with-these-free-games/) states:
    PS Plus shows no sign of stopping and these games will kick off the service on PS4 in the first 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I have some money saved up and I was debating whether or not to get a ps4 when it comes out, but I think I might leave it off until at least next year. With ps+ I have no shortage of games to be playing so I don't really see the point at the moment. Maybe when infamous and mgs5 come out I might take the plunge.

driveclub-ps+.jpg

img_51b69053b2ed0.jpg

Remember during the press conference them saying that you would get those games immediately in the first year of your PS+ subscription.

Remember during the press conference them saying that you would get those games immediately in the first year of your PS+ subscription.

Go to 2:01:50 in the above video.

Tretton says you will get immediate access to DriveClub, but says you will get a free game every month including those titles. So not within the first month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

First private PS4 hands-on time tomorrow. Just three of us from the office spending the afternoon with the console at a developer's studio. Very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

does anyone know if abes odyssey is coming for ps4? i seen it mentioned in the list off gamespot for the ps4

that game alone might make me jump ship if its anything like the first game :L loved it so much

COYVB wrote: »
    First private PS4 hands-on time tomorrow. Just three of us from the office spending the afternoon with the console at a developer's studio. Very excited

For the love of god, make sure you find out if that blue light moves or changes colour. Its been doing my head in for months trying to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keith wrote: »
    For the love of god, make sure you find out if that blue light moves or changes colour. Its been doing my head in for months trying to find out.

It depends on the game and what the developers use it for. Colour generally won't change unless there is more than one in use at he same time.

It depends on the game and what the developers use it for. Colour generally won't change unless there is more than one in use at he same time.

I know it does that on the dualshock but for the blue light across the console im wondering if it does anything cool, like a swoosh when you turn it on or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Hahaha I'll keep an eye out for it. I doubt I'll be playing on a retail version though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

In a weird way it's been annoying me too. It's been shown pulsing across the strip so much in teasers and then when people get their hands on it the light isn't even on on that console, or it's just an unmoving blue light.

1ZRed wrote: »
    In a weird way it's been annoying me too. It's been shown pulsing across the strip so much in teasers and then when people get their hands on it the light isn't even on on that console, or it's just an unmoving blue light.

I hope it does a cool swoosh like the car from Knight rider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

COYVB wrote: »
    Hahaha I'll keep an eye out for it. I doubt I'll be playing on a retail version though

Ask them then! My hunch is it the light moves across the strip when you press the button to turn it on and then it just goes back to the same position we've seen in pictures.

Such a stupid thing to be thinking about, but sure that's what OCD is for I suppose!

It's the controller I'd be more interested in. The heft, weight and feel of the sticks and triggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Here's an interesting technical-orientated interview with Chris Jenner of Ubisoft Reflections on how they're porting The Crew to the PS4.

How The Crew was ported to PlayStation 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

silly question, will all games be available to download on PSN when they release? for example, i could download the entire Watch Dogs game just as easily as buying it on disc? just wondering in case there is a stock shortage of games in irish stores when they release, or is this highly unlikely?

for ps4 i would be thinking of getting FIFA14 (play FIFA more than most games), Watch Dogs and, maybe, the full version of Drive Club (if the PS+ version is good) to get me started for the first few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

silly question, will all games be available to download on PSN when they release? for example, i could download the entire Watch Dogs game just as easily as buying it on disc? just wondering in case there is a stock shortage of games in irish stores when they release, or is this highly unlikely?

for ps4 i would be thinking of getting FIFA14 (play FIFA more than most games), Watch Dogs and, maybe, the full version of Drive Club (if the PS+ version is good) to get me started for the first few months.

Yes, and if your internet is good enough you can be playing it whilst it downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Yes, and if your internet is good enough you can be playing it whilst it downloads.

thanks for that.

as for the internet, she can be temperamental! but should be able to get game download going at reasonable pace.

• Advertisement

The days of game shortages are long gone. Does not happen anymore except for Wrath of the White Witch a few months back.

The Last of Us could be played while it downloaded on the PS3, the first game to feature that but it cost €10-€15 more than a physical copy.

The last game I remember selling out was GTA Vice City. Had to wait 2 weeks to get a copy of that because I didn't pre-order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement