Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Varik wrote: »
    The PS4 has about 5 F2P games at launch

2 on day one I'm told

cadete wrote: »
    How did you find the new controller? improvement or much the same?

Big, big improvement. I've got big hands and it's very comfy. Nicely sized, lovely premium heft to it, triggers are incredibly improved but I'll take a while to get used to the new analog sticks, even thought they ARE better

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭Varik

COYVB wrote: »
    Big, big improvement. I've got big hands and it's very comfy. Nicely sized, lovely premium heft to it, triggers are incredibly improved but I'll take a while to get used to the new analog sticks, even thought they ARE better

Is it palm gripped like a 360 controller or finger gripped like a dualshock.

Not sure I understand the question. I hold both the exact same :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Not sure I understand the question. I hold both the exact same :S

any hints on when its getting released here in Ireland..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Holiday 2013. Ireland is in Europe.

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Not my territory any more, I'd say a month after North America though. I don't see it being a global day one given what I know about the launch date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Not my territory any more, I'd say a month after North America though. I don't see it being a global day one given what I know about the launch date

not trying to say your wrong cause you know alot more then most of us :P
    but i cant see it being a whole month sony would want to get it out in EU as fast as they can its their best market isnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    but i cant see it being a whole month sony would want to get it out in EU as fast as they can its their best market isnt it ?

The fact that EU is their best market means that they don't have to worry about it selling here as much as the US, so it'd be a better business strategy to focus on getting a good US launch and then working on EU.
    Though I doubt the launches will be far apart.

The fact that EU is their best market means that they don't have to worry about it selling here as much as the US, so it'd be a better business strategy to focus on getting a good US launch and then working on EU.
    Though I doubt the launches will be far apart.

Getting it in time for around Thanksgiving and black friday would make a huge difference in the US, but considering they've yet to even say if Japan is getting it this year I'd say it's going to be close.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Oh, I thought they had confirmed that japan was due a 2014 release.

Varik wrote: »
    Getting it in time for around Thanksgiving and black friday would make a huge difference in the US, but considering they've yet to even say if Japan is getting it this year I'd say it's going to be close.
    personally I don't believe Japan will see it 2013

personally I don't believe Japan will see it 2013

Neither do I, as Sony weren't even sure it would be 2013 during the reveal and that was before the huge pre-orders and increased sales projections.

A whole month isn't that much if it was, say, to hit one region that whole month BEFORE people expected it

suppose we'll see come soon enough :D
    was the ps3 released in EU separetly to the US?

was the ps3 released in EU separetly to the US?

Yup

Yup

yup

Just for the record too, I haven't actually heard anything from Sony or otherwise about it not being a simultaneous release with the US, I just don't think that'll be the case for a couple of reasons. I've been wrong before though, and I'll be wrong again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Great to hear about the DS4. I have big hands and have to hold the existing design in my finger tips, if I put it in my palms fully, my thumbs have to be bent double to stay on the sticks and touch off each other all the time. With the 360 pad I hold it in my palms fully and my thumbs rest naturally on the sticks.

Great to hear about the DS4. I have big hands and have to hold the existing design in my finger tips, if I put it in my palms fully, my thumbs have to be bent double to stay on the sticks and touch off each other all the time. With the 360 pad I hold it in my palms fully and my thumbs rest naturally on the sticks.

Try moving your grip down a bit. That's the way I do it and it's quite comfortable. That said, you'll be much more comfortable with the DS4

• Advertisement

Try moving your grip down a bit. That's the way I do it and it's quite comfortable.

I do, I just rest the DS on my finger tips so that I don't have to bend my thumbs. I'd rather have a more positive hold on it but can't be done, haven't been able to hold a PS controller with a full palm grip since 1999 or so. Part of the reason why I fell in love with the Xbox when it released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PS4 records last 15 mins of gameplay, as opposed to the X1 which only records the last 5 mins.....so another technical WIN for the PS4!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420108/ps4-continually-records-the-last-15-minutes-of-gameplay-sony-clarifies/

PS4 records last 15 mins of gameplay, as opposed to the X1 which only records the last 5 mins.....so another technical WIN for the PS4!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420108/ps4-continually-records-the-last-15-minutes-of-gameplay-sony-clarifies/

great
    now youtube will be full of "quickscopers" and "sniper whores" from call of duty
    if it aint already :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

great
    now youtube will be full of "quickscopers" and "sniper whores" from call of duty

Well it's really handy for youtubers because this makes the process far easier. A big thing the 360 had over the PS3 was the community feel and if you look at the majority of gameplay videos you'll see it's on the Xbox they're predominantly done on.

Now with PSN getting all the features of Live and a major revamp it could change completely, with this playing a big role for some big youtubers, because 15 minutes is far better for things like COD or BF than just 5 minutes.

Isn't the 15 minutes the instant replay bit that the system constantly does , I thought they could manually record longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

great

99.99% of youtube is crap already. I wouldn't be too worried about it's content quality getting diluted

Cienciano wrote: »
    99.99% of youtube is crap already. I wouldn't be too worried about it's content quality getting diluted

A load of it is some kid aiming a phone at the TV, if it gets rid of some of that then great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

am i the only one who couldn't care less about the social aspects of the PS4? i really don't think i'll be sharing videos etc. i just want games to have a good one-player campaign/ story. i will use the online to challenge a few buddies to a game of FIFA, but i won't be posting clips through twitter or youtube etc.

Same here, I use gaming to get away from people not to interact with them. Still it's there, we're not being forced to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Same here, I use gaming to get away from people not to interact with them. Still it's there, we're not being forced to use it.

true, thought i was odd. prefer a good session playing what the AI/ storyline has to offer. those pro's on FPS's or those who play 90MPH FIFA wreck my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement