Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sorry folks for going off topic, but I think some of you knowledgeable people can help me. I pre-ordered the PS4 through the Gamestop website with my Laser card a few months back. The thing is the Laser has now been upgraded to Visa with a new CC number. I can't seem to be able to change the CC details on the website, or is the money already in reserve and there is no need? Don't have a clue how this works TBH. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

nocoverart wrote: »
    Sorry folks for going off topic, but I think some of you knowledgeable people can help me. I pre-ordered the PS4 through the Gamestop website with my Laser card a few months back. The thing is the Laser has now been upgraded to Visa with a new CC number. I can't seem to be able to change the CC details on the website, or is the money already in reserve and there is no need? Don't have a clue how this works TBH. Thanks!

Didn't they already take full payment with the laser? If so your grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

If you are worried about this and want to clear it up,just email GameStop :hello@gamestop.ie or contact them on Twitter Here.
    They will get back to you within a few days.I can't remember their Phone No. right now,but I'm sure someone here will know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

You need change the Card detail before they call for the money. When you ordered you authorised gamestop to take the funds at time of shipment so if the card is closed it will bounce as a non payment. They will need to authorise your new card for payment. Also if it is a Debit Card make sure you have enough money in your current account at least a few days before launch date and same goes for a CC also make sure you have enough funds to cover Direct Debit etc so you dont go below the required amount of funds.

I have alot of experience dealing with such stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Pity we couldn't see more. There was a lot of the video in black. The PS4 GUI looks pretty bland with colors and graphics. I guess it was pre Alpha but they could have more animations and super neat icons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmq3vYlMXc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

online features comparison between ps4 and xbone, was not aware of last point made in vid re:Netflix etc.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2032611/ps4_release_date_confusion_clarified_by_retailer.html

also looks like the ToysR'Us release date story was nonsense, so back to waiting for gamescom announcement! bit of free publicity for ToysR'Us I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Why no footage of BF4 on PS4 out of interest... tired of waiting to see how good it looks (multiplayer only)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mozattack wrote: »
    Why no footage of BF4 on PS4 out of interest... tired of waiting to see how good it looks (multiplayer only)

Blame EA's marketing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Take solace in the fact that you won't be able to play the Beta in September on PS4 either. Just gonna have to try the PS3 one and hope to god its better.

mozattack wrote: »

I hope there will be a big BF4 population on the PS4! I am banking on putting an obscene amount of hours into it online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

was not aware of last point made in vid re:Netflix etc.

It's always been the case

COYVB wrote: »
    It's always been the case

like i said wasn't aware! only had the ps3 and watched netflix on that without ps+. didn't know xbox gold (or whichever one) was needed to watch it with microsoft- that really is cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

like i said wasn't aware! only had the ps3 and watched netflix on that without ps+. didn't know xbox gold (or whichever one) was needed to watch it with microsoft- that really is cr@p.

Yup, you essentially need to pay microsoft to allow them to let you pay netflix

It's a bizarre system

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

COYVB wrote: »
    Yup, you essentially need to pay microsoft to allow them to let you pay netflix

It's a bizarre system

They'll be charging people to turn it on next! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thats actually another kick to MS jewels. MS announced that you will need to Xbox live for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Are they complete idiots at Microsoft? Xbox one is disgusting, I wonder who is going to buy that box.

PS4 isn't amazing, but compared to xbox one it looks like Jaguar (PS4) next to fiat punto (xbox one).

I wonder if they are on drugs or Bill Gates is sick of money or they are serving vodka instead of sparkling water in company bar but it is absolutely bizare what's going on with xbox ..

I know this is PS4, just saying that whatever Sony will do, seems like they already won. It's just one bad news after another and funny part is that it is actually Microsoft coming out with it ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

198321 wrote: »
    Are they complete idiots at Microsoft? Xbox one is disgusting, I wonder who is going to buy that box.

PS4 isn't amazing, but compared to xbox one it looks like Jaguar (PS4) next to fiat punto (xbox one).

I wonder if they are on drugs or Bill Gates is sick of money or they are serving vodka instead of sparkling water in company bar but it is absolutely bizare what's going on with xbox ..

I know this is PS4, just saying that whatever Sony will do, seems like they already won.

The difference between them is nowhere near what it was at the reveals or E3. I can see very little difference between them anymore and that has put me off buying either at release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The only real factor for me at the moment is that I prefer Sony as a company and based on their track record I expect them to provide better exclusives.
    Kinect doesn't interest me, but it doesn't turn me off the console like it does for some people.

I know this is PS4, just saying that whatever Sony will do, seems like they already won.

Sony did not win anything, but they do get a lot of "points" so far. XBOX ONE is out sold already too, same as PS4.

I would not put such strong comparison, but yes, so far PS4 looks like a better deal. Though for most gamers it comes down to: Fanboism, preference in controller, exclusive games.

I think competition is great, and I was really hoping xbox one to be great, so I would have it hard to pick better one .. but they are making it so easy ..

Is it just media coverage of great, wonderful PS4 and horrible xbox one?

When I put into google news : PS4 I get articles what everything PS4 can do, if I put xbox one I get articles about what xbox one can't.

I think competition is great, and I was really hoping xbox one to be great, so I would have it hard to pick better one .. but they are making it so easy ..

Is it just media coverage of great, wonderful PS4 and horrible xbox one?

When I put into google news : PS4 I get articles what everything PS4 can do, if I put xbox one I get articles about what xbox one can't.

Microsoft tried to bend the river to suit its course whereas SONY have just gone with the flow!

SONY knows consumers can be a stubborn lot if they backlash against your product as they did with the PS3. Now the Xbone is Microsoft cursed thrid console (so far) and as we all know first impressions last!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Microsoft tried to bend the river to suit its course whereas SONY have just gone with the flow!

SONY knows consumers can be a stubborn lot if they backlash against your product as they did with the PS3. Now the Xbone is Microsoft cursed thrid console (so far) and as we all know first impressions last!

It last, but it does not written in stone. Sony had a very crap start and now ( in my eyes ) its a lot better console then what 360 is. Sony turned it around with great ps+ service and great exclusives. I wount be surprised if MSwill get momentum back. Plus, dont undersetimate the power of fanboy!

It last, but it does not written in stone. Sony had a very crap start and now ( in my eyes ) its a lot better console then what 360 is. Sony turned it around with great ps+ service and great exclusives. I wount be surprised if MSwill get momentum back. Plus, dont undersetimate the power of fanboy!

Wasn't PS+ down for like a year recently ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Wasn't PS+ down for like a year recently ? :D

PSN was down for a month 2 years ago due to a hack on the PSN servers. It was back up within 3/4 weeks.

PS+ is the best game related purchase I have made. 6 free games a month for £40 a year, you'd either have to be stupid or have a crappy internet connection to not avail of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Its shíte like that is the reason so much is given up for the OS. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PS4 + Vita bundle = 500 Euro....?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement