Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Il personally be buying the one that's the best entertainment wise, I only play the bare few games like FIFA , gta,cod and the odd racing game.

Hopefully the ps4 will have the sky player etc but ATM I'm sitting on the fence till I know more but like I said il be buying the one that's the best all round system not just games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Fieldog wrote: »
    If you haven't ordered one by now I doubt it will be this side of xmas, could be wrong though - best ask in your local game shop...

Disappointing enough to hear to be honest. Will preorder anyway and consider my options further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Don't want to see that they're watching Netflix or don't want them to be able to be watching Netflix?
    I just want a gaming console to be only about gaming, no apps, pure gaming. I have 5 other devices capable of watching Netflix and other apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I just want a gaming console to be only about gaming, no apps, pure gaming. I have 5 other devices capable of watching Netflix and other apps.

Good for you. Many people don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Cienciano wrote: »
    Any example of what would have impressed you?

Why did he even bother pre ordering it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Disappointing enough to hear to be honest. Will preorder anyway and consider my options further down the line.

I preordered today in Gamestop, Parkway, Limerick. They basically think the first round of PS4's will be out by the 2nd week of November, and the second batch a week or two later. I won't likely get one from the first batch. Speculation of course. But Gamestop in Cork are of the same view. So hopefully will have one by December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

well if you missed the pre order limit you may have the opportunity to get the Vita PS4 combo later. I don't think the vita will come with the PS4 anywhere near launch day. I would wait for €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

For anyone who's not getting a PS4 right away and is hanging onto their PS3 for a while longer, you can still claim your PS+ PS4 games on your PS3 if you have PS+, so when you do get the PS4 you have all those games waiting for you.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/11/shuhei-yoshida-shares-how-you-can-grab-free-ps-plus-games-for-ps4-even-without-a-ps4-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Same as the Vita then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Varik wrote: »
    Same as the Vita then.

The very same. If they do that vita+PS4 bundle having PS+ well in advance would only make that deal even better

• Registered Users Posts: 38,514 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i have an lg 42 inch 3d Tv so im looking forward to playing the ps4 on it.

What way is the playstation 4 3d wise ??

i played Assasians creed 3 in 3d and its fairly good and played motorstorm in 3d.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i have an lg 42 inch 3d Tv so im looking forward to playing the ps4 on it.

What way is the playstation 4 3d wise ??

i played Assasians creed 3 in 3d and its fairly good and played motorstorm in 3d.

3D capable but not a priority it seems.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/3D_Technology_and_4K_Resolution

played ICO in 3D when it came out as re-issue along with Shadow of the Colossus. i have to say i liked the 3D for ICO, given the draw distance in that game, it definitely added to depth of each area and object on screen. i think i read elsewhere 1080p 3D, (ie. in both eyes) was an aim of this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Good. 3D anything should wither and die like the crappy concept it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Beefy78

3D is a gimmick pushed by big companies in order to protect their bottom line. That said, I don't see any upside for the consumer in wishing for the demise of 'good 3D'. My experience of 3D in gaming is very limited but very positive. It adds to the immersion and, other than the ridiculous default download size for Uncharted 3 on PS+, I can't think of a single disadvantage the PS3's ability to play games in 3D has had on players who play in 2D. I'm sure the PS4 will be the same.

I'd have thought that there will be a lot of gamers who don't even realise that games can be played in 3D such is the lack of intrusion of the feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

3D is nearing its 100th year anniversary now and has always been a gimmick, if people actually wanted it you would think that in the 100 years it has been around it would be commonplace and everything we watch would be in 3D by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm going to be over in the US in late Oct early Nov.

What are the odds of me getting a ps4 over there at that time? Very slim i'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What are the odds of me getting a ps4 over there at that time? Very slim i'm assuming.

Next to none, the chance that you'll be able to wander into a shop and get one is extremely low without pre-ordering and that's if it's even out at that point.

The chance of getting one here is low at this point as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very slim, most stores have stopped taking pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I read an article there about 3D and gaming. They said 3D had a gaming future but not films, it didn't work. I hate wearing the glasses and think they got the technology wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Only 7 days to go to Gamescom lads, really excited that we will finally get a release date, can't wait to get my week off work booked :D and also to see what else they announce games wise.. Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Only 7 days to go to Gamescom lads, really excited that we we finally get a release date, can't wait to get my week off work booked :D and also to see what else they announce games wise.. Exciting times ahead.

tumblr_mepv4t5HCc1r4cfazo1_250.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

another indie game for the ps4 http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/08/cherry_pop_pots_pool_nation_fx_on_playstation_4

http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-4-ps4-news/video-new-watch-dogs-ps4-trailer-rules-the-city-on-playstation-4/

^ gonna be interesting to see a quality comparison between the PS3 vs. PS4 versions of this game, hopefully we'll *see* a big visual improvement on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cool, I like quirky pool games. I own both Hustle Kings and Inferno Pool, both great games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Gonna be interesting to see a quality comparison between the PS3 vs. PS4 versions of this game, hopefully we'll *see* a big visual improvement on the PS4.

They showed the current gen ones in a brief trailer a few weeks back, looked poor even by current gen standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

GTR63 wrote: »
    They showed the current gen ones in a brief trailer a few weeks back, looked poor even by current gen standards.

someone from the dev team i think, said they just put the trailer together quickly and the graphics were much much better then that trailer showed for current gen
    although il be getting it on next gen anyway, the graphics in that trailer sucked :L looked like ps2 graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I preordered PS4 from amazon in June. Now I wonder if I should also preorder some games (watchdogs).. Would the game come with PS4? Don't want to end up with PS4 and no games for few days.
    Maybe I will just buy it online as download,

or is Tesco or Xtra-vision going to sell PS4 games from day 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

198321 wrote: »
    I preordered PS4 from amazon in June. Now I wonder if I should also preorder some games (watchdogs).. Would the game come with PS4? Don't want to end up with PS4 and no games for few days.
    Maybe I will just buy it online as download,

or is Tesco or Xtra-vision going to sell PS4 games from day 1?

I think Ubisoft said Watchdogs may not be ready at launch. It might be a couple of weeks afterwards before it's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I think Ubisoft said Watchdogs may not be ready at launch. It might be a couple of weeks afterwards before it's out.

I think in USA Amazon had launch edition of PS4 bundle with watchdogs so it's out when PS4 is out ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

198321 wrote: »
    I think in USA Amazon had launch edition of PS4 bundle with watchdogs so it's out when PS4 is out ..

Dont take notice of bundles at the moment seen as their are no release dates for any games yet for next gen.
    Someone at ubisoft said watch dogs might not be ready for the ps4, but if it aint when the ps4 launchs , i cant imagin you guys waiting to long to get it anyway, cause im sure most people will be getting it on next gen, so they will want to push it through as fast as they can

i bought a bundle myself with it, but for the xbox one but so far theirs no news on that either :L its my most anticipated game so i really want it for launch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement