Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyone know if online ( with ps+ ) on ps4 will be shared to all accounts on console?
    I might pick up call of duty ghost ( assuming it will have split screen) to play with My misses or my buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Anyone know if online ( with ps+ ) on ps4 will be shared to all accounts on console?
    I might pick up call of duty ghost ( assuming it will have split screen) to play with My misses or my buddy.

PS+ is locked to your account, not the console, so no sharing Plus with other users on your console.

You can share all your downloads as before, just not the actual PS+ service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Online mp will work, we don't know about cloud saves and the like but online mp will.
    Most console COD games do have split screen.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344369977438126080
    @yosp i have a question. If i buy a playstation plus membership to play online will the other accounts on my ps4 be able to play online?
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

looking forward to getting a solid release date this Tuesday. From what ive been reading there is a good chance it will come out near the end of October. Im 26 and feel like a child waiting for this ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

-aurora wrote: »
    looking forward to getting a solid release date this Tuesday. From what ive been reading there is a good chance it will come out near the end of October. Im 26 and feel like a child waiting for this ha

You would feel the same if you were 75 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

"We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on August 20, 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita," read a statement on the official PlayStation website.

Looks like Sony will officially give the release date for PS4 on the 20th. Im going for November 13th at the very latest and maybe even an October release date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Wonder if the recessed USB ports will be a problem for wider USB sticks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

Ok just a quick observation and I'm sure it probably means nothing.
    Anyway I've had games and the PS4 camera in my Gamestop Online shopping basket for the last week or so and didn't check out yet.
    So I went to add some more to the basket just now and noticed that
    a few of the games plus the camera now have a release date set as 29/12/13....as shown below.

11l1xmr.jpg

Now if you look on the main PS4 page on GameStop there
    are no dates or different ones to what's in my basket.
    Now like I said at the start this is just an observation and not sure if it means
    anything.But I thought i might share it with you people.
    As we all know,we will find out lots more in a few days time at Gamescom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

They set it as the latest day possible, so as to cover themselves once the actual release date has been revealed, so the 29th of December means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

bazzz wrote: »
    So I went to add some more to the basket just now and noticed that
    a few of the games plus the camera now have a release date set as 29/12/13....as shown below.

I think its certain for a November release in Europe and we may even get a October release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Any idea where you can pre-order a PS4 and get it on Launch? I decided to hold out to see what was what with both but also seem to have missed pre-ordering it from Gamestop and Amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Any idea where you can pre-order a PS4 and get it on Launch? I decided to hold out to see what was what with both but also seem to have missed pre-ordering it from Gamestop and Amazon etc.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a place at this stage. Preorders started in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The gamestop website might be the safest, you won't get a launch one but you'll likely get a console from a later shipment before any other source.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You didn't mention Smyths.
    Try them, but you're clutching at straws at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I pre ordered from amazon on the 11th of june ,will I be getting a launch model do ye think?

I pre ordered from amazon on the 11th of june ,will I be getting a launch model do ye think?

Should do but whether Amazon get it to you launch day or a day later is another question.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Should do but whether Amazon get it to you launch day or a day later is another question.

Ah ya I'll pay to have for launch if possible,the courier option. If available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I can't see where the HDD drive will go. I assume it will be on the side with the stand stuck to it.

To celebrate the last day before we get a release date for the PS4 and all our lives change for the better here is a vid of Kaz vs MS!

jaffusmax wrote: »

To celebrate the last day before we get a release date for the PS4 and all our lives change for the better here is a vid of Kaz vs MS!

Thats brilliant :D

Any idea what games will be launch titles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any idea what games will be launch titles ?

List of them here http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Anyone want to place bets on the release date? I'm hoping for last week of October but I think it will be there first week in November. 5th maybe?

I see watch dogs is a launch title :D

Newaglish wrote: »
    Anyone want to place bets on the release date? I'm hoping for last week of October but I think it will be there first week in November. 5th maybe?

I reckon October, purely because the Japanese are superstitious and would like to see a repeat in NA with the fortune they had with the PS2! ;)

21st Oct sounds about right but if not then Nov 4/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Newaglish wrote: »

Nov. 15th i hope, gives me a good 2 months of GTAV :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

what time is the press conference on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

-aurora wrote: »
    what time is the press conference on today?

I'm pretty sure I read 6pm BST somewhere. Is BST British Standard Time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement