Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Newaglish wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read 6pm BST somewhere. Is BST British Standard Time?

British Summer Time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

Newaglish wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read 6pm BST somewhere. Is BST British Standard Time?

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

-aurora wrote: »
    what time is the press conference on today?

I thought the Sony press conference wasn't until tomorrow ?

I thought the Sony press conference wasn't until tomorrow ?
    my bad it is tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

-aurora wrote: »
    my bad it is tomorrow.

Damn got my hopes up :D

• Advertisement

Damn got my hopes up :D

sorry man, I blame my hangover:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I think microsoft has one at 10am .. it is going to be fun to watch how microsoft is going to brag about xbox one and than later on Sony will do it even better. Not much can be changed until 6pm but still it seems as advantage to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

198321 wrote: »
    I think microsoft has one at 10am .. it is going to be fun to watch how microsoft is going to brag about xbox one and than later on Sony will do it even better. Not much can be changed until 6pm but still it seems as advantage to me.

Microsoft are not streaming theirs live on wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Xenji wrote: »
    Microsoft are not streaming theirs live on wednesday.

I'm sure Sony will know whats going on there even tho we won't

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I reckon October, purely because the Japanese are superstitious and would like to see a repeat in NA with the fortune they had with the PS2! ;)

21st Oct sounds about right but if not then Nov 4/5

4 is an unlucky number and they still went with it.

I'd say around the same dates but I'd put it down to Sony trying fill all the pre-orders early and with all these PS4s flying off the shelves they'll have the large demand and time before christmass to really drive sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

the PlayStation 4 release date will be on October 21

I think it makes sense. Just 22 hours to find out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I think it makes sense. Just 22 hours to find out !

kaz-1jlubl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

HAHAHAHA :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Looks like I'm going to be out of work for up to a month in from the middle of October after surgery. Really hoping now the PS4 will launch on October 21st. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

198321 wrote: »

11am i think it is,could be wrong
    brag about their product :pac: its their product, of course their going to brag about it to sell it to you the consumers
    nothing can be changed in that small space of time, their is no advantage at all. It would be bad for business if someone decided to change something quickly in that space on time and it all goes tits up for them. Sony wont do anything better because they already have pre orders through the roof, they dont need to actually sell their console to the public anymore (as in they dont need to say how great it is ) because people already know.
    the best sony can do now is, "WE DONT HAVE KINECT" on the board :pac: other then that its a level playing field, hell if they wanted they can say their console is 399e again but consumers already know that.
    I'm hoping they announce a vita+ps4 bundle, that would be sweet.
    But seriously man sony and ms are pretty much even, all most people want are dates now to take time off work pay it off as soon as possible :D

the "ball" is in MS court, they pretty much are the only ones who need to make changes (imo they dont need any) but others dissagree, sony have done a great job with advertising their console and pre orders prove that, MS left it too late and are still playing catch up, but at this point both consoles are doing extremely well considering its a recession nearly around the globe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads is there a point paying Extra for Watch Dogs if its coming out on PS3 and 360 aswell , Like will it be an upgraded version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Lads is there a point paying Extra for Watch Dogs if its coming out on PS3 and 360 aswell , Like will it be an upgraded version

Yes. It's heavily up upgraded on both next gen consoles. They showed a trailer of the PS3 version a few weeks ago and it looked like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

How much "extra" are you paying, sony has already stated games for ps4 will be the same price as ps3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cadete wrote: »
    How much "extra" are you paying, sony has already stated games for ps4 will be the same price as ps3

Sony stated first party games will be same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And iirc, EA have stated that their games will cost £54.99 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sony stated first party games will be same price.
    Well they cant really discuss prices for other publishers
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    And iirc, EA have stated that their games will cost £54.99 or thereabouts.
    Ea have not confirmed yet but a bump can be expected after they removed the season pass
    they also say they are waiting for first party party information
    "On the next gen pricing strategy, we have not announced obviously any pricing that is set by the retailer. We're working on our pricing strategy right now for the holiday. We need more information obviously from our first-party partners. But no announcements to make. Those will come from retailers when they set their prices." http://spong.com/article/30138/EA-Waiting-for-Sony-and-Microsoft-Before-Game-Pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

http://gamescom.eu.playstation.com/

I have been staring at this link for hours now!

sht-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-198.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Oh My god. Shuhei Yoshida just retweeted me to his 60,000 followers on twitter, on my Gaming account! I'm so happy!

Here was the tweet. It involving receiving a Mark Cerny Shirt as a PS4 pre-order! Glad to know he has a sense of humour! :D:D

https://twitter.com/BANDofBROz/status/369762105735389184

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Klair88 wrote: »
    Oh My god. Shuhei Yoshida just retweeted me to his 60,000 followers on twitter, on my Gaming account! I'm so happy!

Here was the tweet. It involving receiving a Mark Cerny Shirt as a PS4 pre-order! Glad to know he has a sense of humour! :D:D

https://twitter.com/BANDofBROz/status/369762105735389184

Savage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok Microsoft are fighting back, free Fifa 14 with xbox one and now even a free decent headset, plus you get the kinect also, suddenly the 499 doent seem as bad. Hopefully Sony fights back with maybe a watchdogs bundle or something like that or rethinks and incudes camera again

Sony to offer Killzone free at launch, just for the lolz.

Xenji wrote: »
    Sony to offer Killzone free at launch, just for the lolz.

They don't need to. PS4 & PS+ with a copy of FIFA 14 would still work out cheaper than Xbox One + Gold + the free pre order copy of FIFA 14.

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »
    They don't need to. PS4 & PS+ with a copy of FIFA 14 would still work out cheaper than Xbox One + Gold + the free pre order copy of FIFA 14.

We still get 9 free games with the PS4 anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement