Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i just want some 499 bundle....camera and a couple pof games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ok Microsoft are fighting back, free Fifa 14 with xbox one and now even a free decent headset, plus you get the kinect also, suddenly the 499 doent seem as bad. Hopefully Sony fights back with maybe a watchdogs bundle or something like that or rethinks and incudes camera again

Step in the right direction for them. Nothing more.

Sony could easily offer something similar and wipe out that small win ezpz. Not that they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Klair88 wrote: »
    Oh My god. Shuhei Yoshida just retweeted me to his 60,000 followers on twitter, on my Gaming account! I'm so happy!

Here was the tweet. It involving receiving a Mark Cerny Shirt as a PS4 pre-order! Glad to know he has a sense of humour! :D:D

https://twitter.com/BANDofBROz/status/369762105735389184
    Cool! Did the amount of people following you go up much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Step in the right direction for them. Nothing more.

Sony could easily offer something similar and wipe out that small win ezpz. Not that they need to.

yeah hopefully, interesting that no release date announced yet, I wonder will ms leave it to Sony to announce lauch date first

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Cienciano wrote: »
    Cool! Did the amount of people following you go up much?

Yeah, i'd say it went up by 50 people or so now. My interactions are still blowing up from it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Xenji wrote: »
    We still get 9 free games with the PS4 anyway.

What 9 games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

i just want some 499 bundle....camera and a couple pof games!!

Buy an Xbox then :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

what time does sonys conference start at ? i read somewere saying it was 6pm bst?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    what time does sonys conference start at ? i read somewere saying it was 6pm bst?

http://gamescom.eu.playstation.com/?intcam=gamescom:joinusgamescom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

6pm is correct.

Whats the best site to watch the press conference lads?

Have the beers chilling already in the fridge, can't wait for 6.

Whats the best site to watch the press conference lads?

http://www.gametrailers.com/ is usually quite good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/ will also be streaming the EA press briefing from Gamescom at 3pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Can somebody copy and paste that list for me please? I cant open that link here.... :o

:D
    Can somebody copy and paste that list for me please? I cant open that link here.... :o

Warframe
    Planetside 2
    DC Universe Online
    War Thunder
    Blacklight Retribution
    DriveClub
    Don’t Starve
    Outlast
    Secret Ponchos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

:D

Warframe
    Planetside 2
    DC Universe Online
    War Thunder
    Blacklight Retribution
    DriveClub
    Don’t Starve
    Outlast
    Secret Ponchos

What do you have to do to get these games? Presumably they don't come with the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Deedsie wrote: »
    What do you have to do to get these games? Presumably they don't come with the console?

They are free-2-play, you download them and you can if you want pay for content in the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Not a bad conference from Xbox tbf Fifa coming free is a nice touch especially to the EU. Still launch date announcement from Sony will blow this out of the water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

When is the Xbox launch date getting revealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

They are free-2-play, you download them and you can if you want pay for content in the games

Is that throught Playstation Plus? Would you have to have a subscription etc?

No, F2P games do not require PS+. Like that Spartacus game currently on the store, you simply download it and play. There will be in-game purchases for each of the titles, but they are normally optional.

These will all be free to play

Warframe
    Planetside 2
    DC Universe Online
    War Thunder
    Blacklight Retribution

These will be PS+ Games

DriveClub
    Don’t Starve
    Outlast
    Secret Ponchos

I don't know why anybody would not be getting a PS+ subscription, the amount of free games and other stuff you get for less than 5 euro a month is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

These will all be free to play

Warframe
    Planetside 2
    DC Universe Online
    War Thunder
    Blacklight Retribution

These will be PS+ Games

DriveClub
    Don’t Starve
    Outlast
    Secret Ponchos

I don't know why anybody would not be getting a PS+ subscription, the amount of free games and other stuff you get for less than 5 euro a month is awesome.

Especially if you own, a ps4, ps3 and Vita, plus my son has a vita so he will get the value of it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Otacon wrote: »
    No, F2P games do not require PS+.
    Some F2P can live inside the paywall though as confirmed by Sony during their E3 roundtables. Basically, it'll be up to the publishers.

gizmo wrote: »
    Some F2P can live inside the paywall though as confirmed by Sony during their E3 roundtables. Basically, it'll be up to the publishers.

True, but I can't see any publisher doing that as it defeats the purpose of a F2P game. You want your game in as many hands as possible as it increases the likelihood of people making purchases and developing an online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

jaffusmax wrote: »
    When is the Xbox launch date getting revealed?

Not until after the PS4 date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

srumball wrote: »
    Not until after the PS4 date

Ill show you mine if you show me yours! At least SONY have the confidence to just whop out the release date!

• Advertisement

Sony have completely bossed Microsoft, throughout this whole process.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement