Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They need to be careful with the release date. I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed of they didn't announce it, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does it really matter when it's released? This goes for both consoles btw.

The release batch are sold out as it is so the release date is hardly going to change sales unless there is over a month gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

tok9 wrote: »
    Does it really matter when it's released? This goes for both consoles btw.

The release batch are sold out as it is so the release date is hardly going to change sales unless there is over a month gap.

It does matter because those that pre ordered want their console ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Sony will be announcing without a doubt. PS4 will also be out before XB1 without a doubt, they will not make the mistake of launching post Microsoft again. We have known XB1 is a November release for ages, if you look at the announcement of launch titles for XB1 Cod: Ghosts is on it an its release is the latest date I can think of (5th November??) maybe i am wrong.

Expect the PS4 to be at least 1 week before this. Fingers crossed it is sooner then that. In fairness 2 months aint a whole lot longer to wait. I can remember the PS4 announcement from many months ago like it was last week.

However, 6pm cant come quick enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had no interest in the PS3 when it came out, but by 2009, it was just stupid for me not to have one with the games that were coming out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Oh man, Titanfall looks awesome! Can't believe it's going to be a Xbox exclusive! Damn you microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Battleflag wrote: »
    Oh man, Titanfall looks awesome! Can't believe it's going to be a Xbox exclusive! Damn you microsoft

Timed exclusive. Also its coming out on PC too.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    It does matter because those that pre ordered want their console ASAP!

So then, it really doesn't matter as anyone who has pre ordered realistically won't cancel as it's too late to switch console now. You wouldn't be guaranteed to get other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Otacon wrote: »
    True, but I can't see any publisher doing that as it defeats the purpose of a F2P game. You want your game in as many hands as possible as it increases the likelihood of people making purchases and developing an online community.
    Unless Sony offer them additional incentives in order to promote the service. Not that I think it needs many more to be fair but I did find it odd they just didn't just draw a line in the sand and say all F2P would be playable without Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

tok9 wrote: »
    So then, it really doesn't matter as anyone who has pre ordered realistically won't cancel as it's too late to switch console now. You wouldn't be guaranteed to get other.

Most people have already nailed their colours to the mast which console they want. In my case the sooner I can play my PS4 the better, so it matter to me! :)

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Most people have already nailed their colours to the mast which console they want. In my case the sooner I can play my PS4 the better, so it matter to me! :)

For your sake, I hope you get good news today.

Be excited :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I know Warframe isn't behind the paywall, but they said in that livestream they did two weeks ago that PS+ users will get benefits. Probably stuff like guns and cosmetic items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I know Warframe isn't behind the paywall, but they said in that livestream they did two weeks ago that PS+ users will get benefits. Probably stuff like guns and cosmetic items.

...or discounts on purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

less than 20 minutes to go .. my guess - October USA and 2 weeks later EU

also would be interesting if they say - Release November 2013 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

198321 wrote: »
    less than 20 minutes to go .. my guess - October USA and 2 weeks later EU

also would be interesting if they say - Release November 2013 ..

Here's hoping finally a good reason for work sending me to work in the USA would love an October release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Im surprised how excited i am about this, hope the stream holds up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm here yo!.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

gametrailers.com again ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You have a choice of about 10 different places:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/1kq9yn/gamescom_2013_playstation_press_conference/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

November 5th seems about the right time. All the COD fans will hold out on the games release night if the console was to release late November/Early December. Sony can clear all the console pre-order stock from the shelves and have all the Christmas stock ready to go for more profit in the holiday season.

Right...place your bets!

Release date = October 23rd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Right...place your bets!

Release date = October 23rd!

Nov 15th.

Oct 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nov 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

nov 1st
    lol beat me to it

3 mins........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Midnight launch on Halloween night. Gahh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm hearing sound of a game in the live stream but cant see anything.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/playstation-gamescom-2013-livestream/

Is is Knack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

IGN's Youtube stream is very good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgIjvLgqhg it is just gonna be a hour long presentation as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement