Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is anyone not concerned that there has been no released footage of PS4 BF4 MP yet?

I am looking for reviews on last night's closed door play and read one but ultimately it was capped at 16 players with no vehicles. Will it run so smooth with 64/66 players, tanks, choppers, IFV etc?... *worry*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mozattack wrote: »
    Is anyone not concerned that there has been no released footage of PS4 BF4 MP yet?

I am looking for reviews on last night's closed door play and read one but ultimately it was capped at 16 players with no vehicles. Will it run so smooth with 64/66 players, tanks, choppers, IFV etc?... *worry*

Well they'd need 64 PS4s to play it to begin with which might be a problem and who knows how many were attending this, it might have been better to just have a few groups of 16 rather than larger fewer groups. Not to mention you'd have the devs and PR people wandering around and talking to the players which would be a bit difficult when there's 64 players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can anyone Tweet Shu and ask him if the PS4 supports .mkv playback?

For me....that could clinch PS4vsX1 purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't you already paid off a ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Have you been barred from his account for stalking?

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It's still 60FPS with 64 players.. but only 720p..
    https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/370847476754157568

Pretty disappointing, Killzone looks better than BF4 graphics wise and that's aiming for 1080p 60FPS multiplayer, DICE should be able to do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just did. We'll see if he answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Pretty disappointing, Killzone looks better than BF4 graphics wise and that's aiming for 1080p 60FPS multiplayer, DICE should be able to do it too.
    Not really surprising though. Higher player count, larger levels and being a multiplatform game will be working against DICE on this one. :o

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Haven't you already paid off a ps4?

I have a 20 Euro pre-order deposit on the PS4.....i have a gift card with 422 quid, i can change my mind right upto launch day for the PS4.

jaffusmax wrote: »

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

dude....i dont tweet :rolleyes:

Much appreciated.

Will 720 v 1080 make much difference though.

What is BF3 on PS3, 30 FPS and 720?

What is BF3 on PS3, 30 FPS and 720?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jasus, jaffusmax has a gif for every situation!

Yes.

SOME IMPROVEMENT.

Next gen me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Will BF3 on the PS3 have 64 players? I don't think I'll get a next gen console till next year sometime, I'm getting less impressed by them as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

SOME IMPROVEMENT.

Next gen me arse.

You are comparing the end of one console life-cycle to the launch of the other. You are also comparing a development team working on three platforms versus working on five (two of them being brand new).

To be honest, if they can get it running at 720p with a solid 60FPS, with large maps, bigger numbers of online players, and more destructibility, and on their first attempt at a new platform, then I will be seriously impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

iwcKRwu.png?1

So it is only going to be upscaled at 1080p, strange that Killzone can be played at full 1080p with no upscaling and this cannot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Xenji wrote: »
    So it is only going to be upscaled at 1080p, strange that Killzone can be played at full 1080p with no upscaling and this cannot

Not really, the Killzone guys are an internal dev team, only working on one version. They would have way more knowledge of the internals, not to mention easy access to experts on the hardware, as well only having to optimise for one platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Just a bargain alert on games. Amazon have fifa and battlefield on ps4 for 42 pounds. Cod is 44 pounds and watch dogs is 47. All games are unusually low. Also they don't charge your card until shipping so pre order at this cheap price and then decide. Also if you use parcel motel you can get first class delivery in time for release day.

Notice that, a lot of their future releases also dropped in price for next gen and the current gen versions.

COD was £39.99 and £49.99 for the PS4 but now both have dropped by £5.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Varik wrote: »
    Notice that, a lot of their future releases also dropped in price for next gen and the current gen versions.

Yeah and gta 5 is only 35 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I really hope so. Currently have my Parent's Sky Go running on my iPad but if I can get that on the PS instead then that bumps the PS4 way up my list of priorities and means that it would pay for itself within six months considering the amount I'd save paying UPC.
    1ZRed wrote: »
    There ya go
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-AV-Adapter-Apple-iPhone/dp/B008CCX3ZW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376490726&sr=1-2&keywords=ipad+hdmi+lightning

Suppose you could by another now that you've saved €500. Would be stupid not to, like :p

Doesn't work with Sky Go. The app disables HDMI output :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9949621/Can-I-connect-Sky-Go-to-my-TV.html

Cienciano wrote: »
    Jasus, jaffusmax has a gif for every situation!

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

I emailed this to gamestop, it is my pre order before the price drop occurred.

'My pre order for Battlefield 4 is showing a price of 64.97 although
    the price on your website shows 59.97, when will this be updated on my
    order?'

I emailed this to gamestop, it is my pre order before the price drop occurred.

'My pre order for Battlefield 4 is showing a price of 64.97 although
    the price on your website shows 59.97, when will this be updated on my
    order?'

I doubt it will update, I cancelled a game that won't be out for a while and it's still there. They say on their end it's cancelled even if the order is showing the same.

I doubt it will update, I cancelled a game that won't be out for a while and it's still there. They say on their end it's cancelled even if the order is showing the same.

Arghh, I only ordered the game so it would be shipped with the console. Well at least that was the plan. Ill see what response I get and if I don't get satisfaction ill cancel and order off of Amazon.

Cheers Varik :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

While 720p is disappointing, it's their first release on the new console. Take a look at all the first group of games released on the 360 and PS3 and compare them to the games that are out now. It's like night and day.

Otacon wrote: »
    You are comparing the end of one console life-cycle to the launch of the other. You are also comparing a development team working on three platforms versus working on five (two of them being brand new).

To be honest, if they can get it running at 720p with a solid 60FPS, with large maps, bigger numbers of online players, and more destructibility, and on their first attempt at a new platform, then I will be seriously impressed.

Otacon, fair point... look it is a vast improvement on PS3 so happy days. Anyway 720 and 60 FPS feck all difference to 1080 really.

Xenji, what does upscaled means as per jackfrags?

• Advertisement

Dice have actually said the 720p statement is false, but they still haven't confirmed 1080p.
    480p anyone? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement