Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I wish destiny was a launch title.

Ditto!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whens it due out? Next yr sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What are the preorder numbers like? Is there much of a difference now between PS4 and Xbone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What are the preorder numbers like? Is there much of a difference now between PS4 and Xbone?

If the American pre orders are anything to go by, somewhere in the region of 2:1 in favour of PS4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

King Krib wrote: »
    If the American pre orders are anything to go by, somewhere in the region of 2:1 in favour of PS4

Where are you getting your numbers from? Link?
    I believe PS4 pre-orders are higher, but not by a factor of 2:1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

F1ngers wrote: »
    Where are you getting your numbers from? Link?
    I believe PS4 pre-orders are higher, but not by a factor of 2:1.

I think it may have come from this article that got some exposure on Neogaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Here is a better source http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gamestop-expects-xbox-720-ps4-launches-to-be-biggest-ever

Bare in mind these figures of 2 to 1 are only in Gamestop but I would expect every retailer to have more PS4 preorders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I see folks are jumping ship to the xbox one............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm sticking with PS4 for launch, anyway. I imagine I'll pick up an Xbox around April/May if they have more interesting exclusives by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

TBH I would have too, but I'll see if the 4 works for me on launch, not like its going to be difficult to sell on if I dont like it. Still hoping for an alternate controller layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

There is going to be a lot of switching. In every online community I am part of there are huge turn arounds in polls regarding who is getting XB1 instead of PS4, it has been changing slowly since Microsoft's first 180 but is now starting to gain powerful momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well as far as launch goes it's not like someone could change from ONE to PS4 and get one at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Varik wrote: »
    Well as far as launch goes it's not like someone could change from ONE to PS4 and get one at this stage.

I guarantee come launch there will be a lot of ps4 cancelled

The Xbox console is turning heads hugely and from a friend in the industry he reckons Xbox one is gonna be an absolute beast even after their efforts at revealing.. They are putting all right that needs to be put right before launch

What are the reasons for people jumping ship?

I don't see much difference between both consoles but I don't feel like giving MS anymore money after this generation. 3 red ringed xboxs and 2 official play and charge kits that stopped working after a few times of using them.

Also I only got a PS3 last year but there has been some amazing value on the PS store and especially PS+ so hoping that continues with PS4.

I don't see much difference between both consoles but I don't feel like giving MS anymore money after this generation. 3 red ringed xboxs and 2 official play and charge kits that stopped working after a few times of using them.

Also I only got a PS3 last year but there has been some amazing value on the PS store and especially PS+ so hoping that continues with PS4.

I had two ps3 consoles ylod on me and never had a 360 rrod...

Never in 4 years had a problem with play and charge kit

The ps3 hack that happened where gamers went 5 weeks without an online service worries me, the fact personal data and credit card fraud leading from that hack would make me snub the ps4 for Xbox one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I haven't been this excited for something in ages except Pokemon X+Y. Dunno why anyone would go over to the one.

I had two ps3 consoles ylod on me and never had a 360 rrod...

Never in 4 years had a problem with play and charge kit

The ps3 hack that happened where gamers went 5 weeks without an online service worries me, the fact personal data and credit card fraud leading from that hack would make me snub the ps4 for Xbox one..

Thats fair enough.

Just from my own personal experience with MS, Ill be going with Sony next generation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i have alot of money invested in ps plus....so i want to get my moneys worth.

Thats fair enough.

Just from my own personal experience with MS, Ill be going with Sony next generation.

In saying that I will be buying a ps4 in 2014 so it doesn't effect Santa for my 2 :)

I was giving an example that both console brands have had flaws btw not just slating Sony...

And yes the RROD with 360 was annoying for so many people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Whenever someone says "a friend in the industry" my eyes go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd guess most PS3 and 360 owners would stick with what they know. So, after all the microsoft changes, the 360 owners that said they'd get a PS have now changed their mind.
    I'm in the PS boat myself. Unless you want the kinetic I don't see any reason to buy the xbone ahead of the PS. No console has any exclusive to pick one over the other imho, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am getting the PS4, Sony have not said or done anything to second guess that decision, actually they have made me excited about gaming again, I reckon most people in the PS4 camp are the same, I know nobody who is jumping ship to Microsoft, but do know a few people jumping ship to Sony though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PS Plus and the fact that MS tried to pull a fast one over DRM and Paywalls are the only reasons I am opting for the PS4. I do believe the Xbox will have superior presentation of it capabilities but for me I am to old in the tooth to care! I just want good games and no BS!

At the moment I am sitting on over 20 PS plus games I have not had a chance to play and fully intend on renewing my subscription well into the future!

I am a little green-eyed at Titanfall and Ryse but for the long haul SONY will have far more first party exclusives!

I also have a very sneaking suspicion that the XBOX did suffer some sort of issue earlier this year and they have not fully got back on track from it and it has led them to rush the console, not to the extent the people in NeoGaf say, but I would be cautious over launch models, of course just personal opinion and not one I would share in the XBOX thread.

EGriff wrote: »
    Whenever someone says "a friend in the industry" my eyes go :rolleyes:

Some of us actually have REAL LIFE FRIENDS!!!

You should get out more ;)

Xenji wrote: »
    I also have a very sneaking suspicion that the XBOX did suffer some sort of issue earlier this year and they have not fully got back on track from it and it has led them to rush the console, not to the extent the people in NeoGaf say, but I would be cautious over launch models, of course just personal opinion and not one I would share in the XBOX thread.

But both consoles can be knocked tbh Sony had advantage in Microsoft announcing console details first so they could offer us what everyone wanted.. I am sure that ps4 and Xbox one were gonna go drm just Sony played it really cute after the backlash Microsoft got.

Either way if there is an issue with either console either co will not rush it out as it will be replace replace replace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Sony had advantage in Microsoft announcing console details first so they could offer us what everyone wanted.. I am sure that ps4 and Xbox one were gonna go drm just Sony played it really cute after the backlash Microsoft got.

There was 1 day between their E3 conferences where these details got announced... Highly doubtful Sony changed anything, these things are prepared well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I was initially on PS4 boat, jumped off both boats for now but for some reason I'm not so negative towards the xbox anymore and find myself leaning towards them when I eventually go to next gen.

• Advertisement

I feel that Indie games are actually gonna give quite a few people more enjoyment this generation than big budget games, myself included, some of the ones shown so far for the PS4 launch window look more fun to me than the likes of AC or CoD. We have heard a lot of Indie developers complain about how they were treated by Microsoft in the past and it shows in their launch window, they only have 5 indie games, compared to the PS4's 17 games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement