Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Some of us actually have REAL LIFE FRIENDS!!!

You should get out more ;)

I've probably got more friends than you have cows.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

But both consoles can be knocked tbh Sony had advantage in Microsoft announcing console details first so they could offer us what everyone wanted.. I am sure that ps4 and Xbox one were gonna go drm just Sony played it really cute after the backlash Microsoft got.

Either way if there is an issue with either console either co will not rush it out as it will be replace replace replace

Why are you sure? Lots of stupid fanboys did say Sony would have to copy MS' drm approach, but that didn't work out :P

If you're going on gut feeling i guess there's not much of a discussion to be had on the topic of your own fantasies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

EGriff wrote: »
    There was 1 day between their E3 conferences where these details got announced... Highly doubtful Sony changed anything, these things are prepared well in advance.

There was more than one day..

And Sony could change what they want as they want seeing as they focused on drm issue to sell consoles IMO

Or indie indie indie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've probably got more friends than you have cows.

I'm a country lad could have several cows for all you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There was more than one day..

And Sony could change what they want as they want seeing as they focused on drm issue to sell consoles IMO

Or indie indie indie

Actually there wasn't even a day, there was 8 and a half hours between them.
    http://www.incgamers.com/2013/06/the-e3-2013-conference-schedule-check-the-times-and-dont-miss-the-action

The rest of your post makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Didn't MS reveal the DRM details a few weeks before e3 at their reveal event?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I couldn't decide which one to get either. To be honest, I think the exclusive launch titles for both consoles are weak. The 2 stand out games for me are Dead Rising 3 and Killzone. While I love zombies games, I could never get into the Dead Rising series. And while I enjoyed Killzone 2, I had no desire to get Killzone 3, and I'm not fussed about Shadow Fall either. For me, the exclusive games I'm looking forward to are Infamous and Titanfall (this game looks awesome).

In the end I pre-ordered a PS4 mainly because I already have PS+ but I don't have a XBL Gold sub currently. The Fifa announcement nearly turned it for me along with that glorious Xbox 1 controller, but in the end PS4 + Fifa is still cheaper than an Xbox 1.

In saying all that, it's not a case "if I get an Xbox 1", it's a case of "when I get an Xbox 1". And I think that will be around the release of Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Didn't MS reveal the DRM details a few weeks before e3 at their reveal event?

They vaguely made mention of it in May, rumors that they were going with strict DRM had been mentioned before that, but it was not till E3 that we knew exactly was strict DRM policies they would have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Unstuck - Fly my pretty, fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I have to say I wasn't particularly blown away by Gamescom, I was expecting a few exclusive triple A titles announced for PS4, the focus seemes to be more on indie dev games which is sorta worrying im sure all will be fine and there will be more big game announcements to come.
    Anyway, roll on the 29th I have my week booked off work. I will for sure go to the midnight launch. I have also decided to pick up COD Ghosts aswell, might see a few of ye online at some stage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I have to say I wasn't particularly blown away by Gamescom, I was expecting a few exclusive triple A titles announced for PS4, the focus seemes to be more on indie dev games which is sorta worrying im sure all will be fine and there will be more big game announcements to come.
    Anyway, roll on the 29th I have my week booked off work. I will for sure go to the midnight launch. I have also decided to pick up COD Ghosts aswell, might see a few of ye online at some stage :)

I don't get why people would be so worried so early. Sony have the first party devs to back them and they've shown that this generation. I'd be more worried about how long MS can spend throwing money at publishers for exclusives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

5 past midnight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

13.5 weeks to wait. Is there anymore conferences on where he PS4 packages will be announced. Will any games (in their cases) come free with it do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Deedsie wrote: »
    13.5 weeks to wait. Is there anymore conferences on where he PS4 packages will be announced. Will any games (in their cases) come free with it do ye think?

We're not going to get Killzone or Knack for free anyway. DriveClub comes with PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

None, the copy of Fifa that the ONE is getting is digital also and as with the Vita bundles I'd say that from now on a lot of the official bundles with come with digital copies rather than disc.

danthefan wrote: »
    We're not going to get Killzone or Knack for free anyway. DriveClub comes with PS+.

FIFA 14 would have been a nice touch all the same??? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

FIFA 14 would have been a nice touch all the same??? :-)

From someone that plays Fifa, I'd much prefer the load of games Sony are giving out.

Cienciano wrote: »
    From someone that plays Fifa, I'd much prefer the load of games Sony are giving out.

Will you need to be connected to the Internet at all times for those games or are they stored on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just finished the last of us. i for one cannot wait for a sequal of tlou on ps4...my mouth is watering at the thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

These were mentioned a few days ago but I think the blue and red controllers deserve highlighting because I personally love them! :) Will be perfect in multiplayer too for red vs blue teams. ;)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRadARisRaldJPIGLlLpig9iOnNv1dOjCVuu5_UDSIuPrbvr_0TnA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsPf07vG-MJwqtaZvWpjXPuMbynA47819eU_uTM2ayMLJR-fAs
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyNtowhb6UP7Fe3C62COZ4H6wHqB5jUg2W5lIbOHMIi-AQsRVY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will you need to be connected to the Internet at all times for those games or are they stored on the PS4?

I not sure which games you're on about exactly but if it's the free to play ones then most of those are online games but they are downloaded and installed on the PS4s HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Any digital games on PS4 will obviously need an internet connection to download initially but beyond that you are never required to be online.

Anyway, roll on the 29th I have my week booked off work. I will for sure go to the midnight launch. I have also decided to pick up COD Ghosts aswell, might see a few of ye online at some stage

They confirmed some of their first party studios (Santa Monica and Naughty Dog at least) are working on PS4 games. They are going to be AAA, probably with a few more As on the end. I know there's not many exclusives but between those, third party games, and indies I think there's a decent bit of content for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

These were mentioned a few days ago but I think the blue and red controllers deserve highlighting because I personally love them! :) Will be perfect in multiplayer too for red vs blue teams. ;)

While I'm beginning to like those I'd still love the below.

silver-ps4.jpg

Came very close to pre ordering the PS4 last night. May still do it prior to the launch and yes I do know I won't get one at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

For anyone thinking of getting a vita before ps4 arrives new killzone bundle here

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vita-3g-with-killzone-mercenary-209599

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Apologies if this has been answered already but I'm looking at picking up a PS4 in December, probably a week before Christmas. I haven't pre-ordered or anything like that so will there be stock at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Renn wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already but I'm looking at picking up a PS4 in December, probably a week before Christmas. I haven't pre-ordered or anything like that so will there be stock at that point?

You're on Boards Playstation forum. Not gamestop warehouse. We couldn't possibly say Stock numbers for a company with a very much in-demand product and if it will be available before christmas. Best bet is to pre-order.

Varik wrote: »
    I not sure which games you're on about exactly but if it's the free to play ones then most of those are online games but they are downloaded and installed on the PS4s HDD.

So basically, I pickup my PS4 on November 29th... Fingers crossed. Bring it home, set it up, connect to wireless. From there ill have the option of downloading ~9 games? Will i have to setup a PSN account for this? i know you get two weeks free with the PS4. How big would these downloads be? GB wise? Once the games are downloaded I can disconnect from the wireless Internet and play those games with my PS4 free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I will be getting a PS4 on launch, SONY have nailed it from the start for me. Think the brother is gettin a XB1 so will borrow that for Titanfall... that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Renn wrote: »
    Best bet is to ring your local gamestop/smyths/xtravision and ask them. It depends on when the second batch comes in.
    So basically, I pickup my PS4 on November 29th... Fingers crossed. Bring it home, set it up, connect to wireless. From there ill have the option of downloading ~9 games? Will i have to setup a PSN account for this? i know you get two weeks free with the PS4. How big would these downloads be? GB wise? Once the games are downloaded I can disconnect from the wireless Internet and play those games with my PS4 free?
    If it works the same way PS+ currently works, you won't be able to play the games when your subscription runs out. If you don't like the idea of a sub, take a look at the PS+ thread and ask anyone if PS+ is worth it. Its unbelievably good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

I'm hearing a lot about titanfall, but to me, Destiny will suffice. From what I have seen, it has the potential to be an amazing game and it could be better than titanfall.

Is anyone else interested in this game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement