Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

ZeroBarry wrote: »
    I'm hearing a lot about titanfall, but to me, Destiny will suffice. From what I have seen, it has the potential to be an amazing game and it could be better than titanfall.

Is anyone else interested in this game?

Destiny... very interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm hearing a lot about titanfall, but to me, Destiny will suffice. From what I have seen, it has the potential to be an amazing game and it could be better than titanfall.

I'm not that excited by Destiny. I can't put my finger on why, it's probably just bias to be honest as I was never a fan of Halo past the first one. Titanfall is the next-gen game I am looking forward to the most. I have a feeling it is a timed-exclusive however, so I'm sure it'll be on the PS4 at some point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes ! Wish it was a launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep will definitely be picking up Destiny when it's out, like the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Cienciano wrote: »

If it works the same way PS+ currently works, you won't be able to play the games when your subscription runs out. If you don't like the idea of a sub, take a look at the PS+ thread and ask anyone if PS+ is worth it. Its unbelievably good value.

Oh right, I haven't had a PS+ account previously. I kinda skipped PS3 gen for the most part so the online gaming thing will be new to me.

I probably will get a PS+ account was hoping to get one free off line game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

hE907FC66

Not sure if this belongs here or not......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

srumball wrote: »

Not sure if this belongs here or not......

I got the PS4 version :D

33f8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I got the PS4 version :D

I think you missed the part of the joke where the Xbox One looks like an old VCR player. ;)

I think you missed the part of the joke where the Xbox One looks like an old VCR player. ;)

Ohh I get it lol, do you get mine, no camera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Will there be any confirmation prior to November 15th on whether the PS4 will be able to read NTFS formatted external hard drives? And whether or not it will be able to read MKV files?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deedsie wrote: »
    Will there be any confirmation prior to November 15th on whether the PS4 will be able to read NTFS formatted external hard drives? And whether or not it will be able to read MKV files?

You should have all the confirmation by then, you can also try tweeting Shu Yoshida https://twitter.com/yosp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ohh I get it lol, do you get mine, no camera :D

given the ps4's size V X1, perhaps a dvd player would be a more apt comparison :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you gonna have to sub for destiny?

Ah good stuff.

Also am I right in thinking when that cloud thing is up and running for playing ps1,2,3 games your gonna be streaming,thus using up bandwidth?Which will not be good news if you have a monthly allowance :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Benzino wrote: »
    ...... Titanfall is the next-gen game I am looking forward to the most. I have a feeling it is a timed-exclusive however, so I'm sure it'll be on the PS4 at some point.

Isn't Titanfall an inhouse development though? Or a house tied to MS? I was under the impression that it would NEVER be coming to PS4, just xbox1/PC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Isn't Titanfall an inhouse development though? Or a house tied to MS? I was under the impression that it would NEVER be coming to PS4, just xbox1/PC

I'm fairly certain it was revealed as a console exclusive and no mention of timed either

Nope. Respawn Entertainment is a new studio not owned by anyone and the game is published by EA.

Anyone who hasn't pre-ordered yet you can get;
    PS4, PS4 Camera, An extra DS4 controller, and Killzone Shadowfall for the same price as an Xbox One. 499.

http://jeux-video.fnac.com/Console-Sony-PS4-Killzone-Shadow-Falls-Playstation-Camera-2-Dual-Shock-4/a6388557/w-4?Origin=PA_JV_LIEN

Probably won't get it on launch but it's still a huge bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

This might back up the PS4 titanfall timed exclusive discussion: http://gamingbolt.com/titanfall-may-come-to-the-ps4-after-all

I didn't realize it could be a timed exclusive until I read it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I really can't see it been an MS exclusive, I can't think of many EA published exclusive games. Generally must exclusive games are published by the platform owner (MS, Sony or Nintendo), with a few exceptions now and then.

Also, no way would MS announce that it is a timed exclusive, this is there killer app. They want you to think you have to get an Xbox One to play it (other than the 360 and pc of course :P ).

Or of course I could be talking crap and it is an exclusive :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It'll end up on PS4, if the PS4 outsells the Xbox :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    It'll end up on PS4, if the PS4 outsells the Xbox :)

So the PS4 is guaranteed to get it then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Xenji wrote: »
    So the PS4 is guaranteed to get it then ;)

It would be great if it did, looks fantastic, damn you Microsoft and your money :)

If Xbox can string another few games that look as good as Titalfall together as exclusives, I'll probably buy one aswell, and use the Kinect as a nice paperweight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

To be honest, I think there will be far more great games on the PS4 as sony are really pushing it as a gaming platform (shocker).
    Along with big blockbuster titles we're gonna see some great niche games - and who knows what could come of some of these niche games :D

The PS4 will definitely have better exclusives for the type of games I'm into, alright.

Nope. Respawn Entertainment is a new studio not owned by anyone and the game is published by EA.

Anyone who hasn't pre-ordered yet you can get;
    PS4, PS4 Camera, An extra DS4 controller, and Killzone Shadowfall for the same price as an Xbox One. 499.

Probably won't get it on launch but it's still a huge bargain.
    Its amazing how the price gap between the XB1 and PS4 has narrowed.

Taking what you have above:

For €499 you get PS4, PS4 Camera, An extra DS4 controller, and Killzone Shadowfall.

For €499 you get the Xbone, Kinect Camera, and FIFA 14.

For €499 you get PS4, PS4 Camera, An extra DS4 controller, and Killzone Shadowfall.

That's still a 60euro difference, not to mention that Fifa 14 is temporary just to make the console look more appealing at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Grayditch wrote: »
    If Xbox can string another few games that look as good as Titalfall together as exclusives, I'll probably buy one aswell, and use the Kinect as a nice paperweight.

Titanfall isn't an exclusive though, it's coming out on PC and there's talk it's only a timed console exclusive which would mean it could land on PS4 too eventually.

Game looks amazing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

That's still a 60euro difference, not to mention that Fifa 14 is temporary just to make the console look more appealing at launch.

Also don't forget the extra controller for the PS4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement