Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

and Fifa 14 was just for people who already preordered if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think the important point is you don't have to get some stupid camera with the PS4 if you don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder if we will see any sort of bundles in gamestop for new consoles. Its like: its all booked out, why try harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/gamestop-managers-get-ps4-free-games-6413691

Pity this only applies to Gamestop managers in the US....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1AN

One can only hope !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Well on amazon.co.uk the games are 42 to 44 pounds which be cheaper than what GameStop and other retailer in Ireland will sell games 65 euro is very expensive for games.I gona see what price the bundle are in xtravision on launch and if there expensive I play FTP games till next year and buy on amazon and save money next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ZeroBarry wrote: »
    This might back up the PS4 titanfall timed exclusive discussion: http://gamingbolt.com/titanfall-may-come-to-the-ps4-after-all

I didn't realize it could be a timed exclusive until I read it here.

more evidence http://gamingbolt.com/titanfall-developer-interview-shows-possible-ps3ps4-dev-kit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

EGriff wrote: »
    I think the important point is you don't have to get some stupid camera with the PS4 if you don't want it.
    The only thing worse than having to buy the camera, is some developers will actually use it in parts of non kinetic cames. Playing something like battlefield on the xbone will require you to wave your hands in the air to get call a medic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cienciano wrote: »
    The only thing worse than having to buy the camera, is some developers will actually use it in parts of non kinetic cames. Playing something like battlefield on the xbone will require you to wave your hands in the air to get call a medic :D

True but the NSA leaks in 50 years showing the video they captured will be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Response from Respawn https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/372073489672310784?screen_name=Respawn
    @NicholasGigante that's from 2010. No PS4 controllers existed then. Also, we play games at work so we have all systems. Got a WiiU also :)

I believe Titanfall may come to PS4 but long after I am tired of it on XB1 and then you can have it :D

• Advertisement

I believe Titanfall may come to PS4 but long after I am tired of it on XB1 and then you can have it :D

Or just get it on PC.

Otacon wrote: »
    Or just get it on PC.
    Thank god I won't have to :D

I'd say Titianfall will require a very good graphics card for the PC version so I couldn't afford to get it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Thank god I won't have to :D

I'd say Titianfall will require a very good graphics card for the PC version so I couldn't afford to get it on PC.

It's running on the source engine. A beefed up potato could run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, but...I don't think the disc will work in the PS4.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ahhh the elitist attitude of a fanboy, and in the most elite club of them all too :cool:

Ahhh the elitist attitude of a fanboy, and in the most elite club of them all too :cool:

Oh, the ole run out facts so i'll use fanboy statement, lol. Just the facts, it's been announced as a console exclusive to XB1. Not even a confirmed ''hey we are doing it for PS4" from respawn which means 1 year and maybe more before it may arrive on PS4. I get 1 year tops out of a FPS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Oh, the ole run out facts....

I replied to an opinion held by someone acting like a fanboy, that whole ha ha you can play titanfall "long after I am tired of it on XB1 and then you can have it" is an opinion, a childish, fanboyish opinion - learn the difference between opinion and fact if you're going to use it to attempt to deride someone.

Just the facts, it's been announced as a console exclusive to XB1. Not even a confirmed ''hey we are doing it for PS4" from respawn which means 1 year and maybe more before it may arrive on PS4. I get 1 year tops out of a FPS.

Just the facts yeah? :pac:

I replied to an opinion held by someone acting like a fanboy, that whole ha ha you can play titanfall "long after I am tired of it on XB1 and then you can have it" is an opinion, a childish, fanboyish opinion - learn the difference between opinion and fact if you're going to use it to attempt to deride someone.

There is no ha ha in my post. You perceive my post has something it's not. You seem to take things very seriously, dissecting everything I say.

Chill, I'll remember you when I stomping around in a Titan experiencing a whole level of Xbox awesomeness that you won't experience for quite some time. Oh yeah, Ha, Ha.

Now that's a fanboy statement/attitude so you will know the difference the next time. (Not what I think btw ;))

What you should do is point out the great PS exclusives that I won't be able to get for quite sometime. With finances the way they are I won't be able to get my PS4 for about 8 months. So I'll miss a lot of the launch titles, at least the multiplayer excitement at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Does your opinion apply too all the ps4 fanboys on the xbox one thread? :pac:
    There is no ha ha in my post. You perceive my post has something it's not. You seem to take things very seriously, dissecting everything I say.

Chill, I'll remember you when I stomping around in a Titan experiencing a whole level of Xbox awesomeness that you won't experience for quite some time. Oh yeah, Ha, Ha.

Now that's a fanboy statement/attitude so you will know the difference the next time. (Not what I think btw ;))

What you should do is point out the great PS exclusives that I won't be able to get for quite sometime. With finances the way they are I won't be able to get my PS4 for about 8 months. So I'll miss a lot of the launch titles, at least the multiplayer excitement at launch

to be fair exclusives are all opinion based , even though i think sonys exclusives look terrible to someone else it could be their most anticipated game
    also titanfall doesnt look like much, seems like one of those games that looks like it will be big for a fps, but then comes call of duty overtaking it because its the same **** every year that people want :) the game will flop after a year IMO.

• Advertisement

I don't know how any gamer can say Infamous: Second Son could look terrible. But that's just me.

What you should do is point out the great PS exclusives that I won't be able to get for quite sometime.

No dude, I'm not into the whole fanboy thang so wouldn't do that. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

This thread was going fine until a few people seemingly slithered over from the Xbox one thread. Its going rapidly downhill now.

/looks back through thread

/shudders

So anyway, I hear that the Vita will be able to wake up the PS4 from its stand-by state. Now all we need is confirmation that (1.) the Vita can browse through all of the PS4's 'Dynamic Menu' [the new name for the XMB apparently] and (2.) can access the PS4 from outside its own network.

If we get that, then we have a truly next-gen feature on our hands IMO.

The PSP could wake the PS3 from it's stand-by-state for remote play. I'd hope this could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Otacon wrote: »
    /looks back through thread

/shudders

So anyway, I hear that the Vita will be able to wake up the PS4 from its stand-by state. Now all we need is confirmation that (1.) the Vita can browse through all of the PS4's 'Dynamic Menu' [the new name for the XMB apparently] and (2.) can access the PS4 from outside its own network.

If we get that, then we have a truly next-gen feature on our hands IMO.

The old PSP could do that with the PS3, I assume it'll work that way with the vita/PS4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

EGriff wrote: »
    This thread was going fine until a few people seemingly slithered over from the Xbox one thread. Its going rapidly downhill now.

by few you mean 1
    doesnt involve me as im getting the ps4 as well
    and im voicing my opinion like ps4 fanboys have done over in the xbox one thread
    so calm down
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't know how any gamer can say Infamous: Second Son could look terrible. But that's just me.
    I don't know how any gamer can say Infamous: Second Son could look good. But that's just me

didnt like the first and second one doesnt look good
    its not even a launch title now as well

but as i said thats my opinion
    hell even ryse for the xbox one looks ****e as well, thank god for multiplatform games other wise i wouldnt bother getting a next gen console:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Im a Playstation Man, But some times i think the PS3 And the New PS4 is wasted on me, as i only like Sports Games, and racing Games. Some of the Shooter Games look class but i just don't have the patience to play them. When Sony are doing their Conferences they mostly focus on these types of games, and i usually think Ill never play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Im a Playstation Man, But some times i think the PS3 And the New PS4 is wasted on me, as i only like Sports Games, and racing Games. Some of the Shooter Games look class but i just don't have the patience to play them. When Sony are doing their Conferences they mostly focus on these types of games, and i usually think Ill never play them.

I'd disagree, Sony at Gamescom and E3 only had a few FSP with most of what they were presenting being from many other genres.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough of this fanboy nonsense, it's tiring and idiotic. Any accusations of fanboyism (or any synonyms, derivatives or variations of the same) one direction or the other shall be warned, infracted, banned etc... Please report posts rather than engaging with any trolls, cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement