Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Im a Playstation Man, But some times i think the PS3 And the New PS4 is wasted on me, as i only like Sports Games, and racing Games. Some of the Shooter Games look class but i just don't have the patience to play them. When Sony are doing their Conferences they mostly focus on these types of games, and i usually think Ill never play them.

To be honest I think the PS4 has quite a diverse range of titles available. Most sports titles are multiplatform so you're sorted there as there will always be PS4 versions available.

As for racing games, obviously the PS4 will be getting Gran Turismo soon enough but until then you have Driveclub to play, as well as NFS: Rivals, The Crew and a few other games coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ahhh Yeah i understand all that, I just wish i had the Patience for some of the other Games which i am seeing clips for as they look brilliant. That Watch Dogs looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So did Sony just announce GTA V on the PS4 or was it a typo in their Tweet?

GTA.png

Sony Tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So did Sony just announce GTA V on the PS4 or was it a typo in their Tweet?

GTA.png

Sony Tweet

A typo. Whoever writes on that Twitter account wouldn't be that high up in Sony. Probably some marketing person who's constantly talking about the PS4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    A typo. Whoever writes on that Twitter account wouldn't be that high up in Sony. Probably some marketing person who's constantly talking about the PS4 at the moment.

Generally Sony out source that work with only the individual studios controlling their own twitter/social accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's definitely not on the PS4. For a while anyway.

One game I'm looking forward to is War Thunder, a WW2 flight game. Interesting article here on why it won't be on the xbone
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/gaijin-explains-why-war-thunder-is-skipping-xbox-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A find it amazing that Sony are allowing cross platform play with the PC given the advantage PC players have from having a full keyboard to map controls and custom shortcuts along with whatever controllers and joysticks they choose to use while all PS4 gamers have the DS4. Never mind that they can also be playing on top end rigs with graphics and view distance maxed out all while at 60+fps. They will have the first look, first shot, first kill advantage every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

A find it amazing that Sony are allowing cross platform play with the PC given the advantage PC players have from having a full keyboard to map controls and custom shortcuts along with whatever controllers and joysticks they choose to use while all PS4 gamers have the DS4. Never mind that they can also be playing on top end rigs with graphics and view distance maxed out all while at 60+fps. They will have the first look, first shot, first kill advantage every time.

The majority of games I've heard about are playstation 3/4/Vita, most others even SOE games aren't.

This is the only game I've head that allows it, most even if sony allows them to time update still require sony approving it and the extra time to do so which means most devs aren't bothering to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's definitely not on the PS4. For a while anyway.

One game I'm looking forward to is War Thunder, a WW2 flight game. Interesting article here on why it won't be on the xbone
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/gaijin-explains-why-war-thunder-is-skipping-xbox-one/

that is the one game i would of gotten the ps4 for
    world of tanks is not my style but that game looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

When you buy a PS4 game using the PS smartphone app or via the web store, it automatically starts the PS4 from stand-by mode, downloads the game and then shuts down again.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/372466175080275968?screen_name=yosp

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Otacon wrote: »
    When you buy a PS4 game using the PS smartphone app or via the web store, it automatically starts the PS4 from stand-by mode, downloads the game and then shuts down again.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/372466175080275968?screen_name=yosp

Nice

I wonder if the ps4 will have the humming sound while on standby as I found with my ps3 slim? I spent weeks wondering what the sound was, it was the ps plus auto update!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i wonder if the ps3 firmware will be updated to look like the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Does anyone know what kind of Data Usage the PS4 will use? I use a 7.5gb/month O2 hotshot when I'm down the country at the weekend. UPC broadband during the week. What kind of data usage does online playing take up? How big (file size) on average are the free games that come with the PS4?

Will those games work after the free two weeks with PS+ is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not as much of a gamer these days as I was years ago, what with having a life and being an old bastard, but I have my PS4 booked, Sony got me hook line and sinker, I got a 360 on day one when it came out in 05 and a PS3 a year or two later (think after first price drop)

I would say I've been given most enjoyment from the Xbox to be honest and the PS3 has really come into its own towards the end of the machines life (TLOU, Journey, PS+ etc)

After the whole TV/DRM thing by MS I was left with a nasty taste in my mouth tbh, stunned that any company would attempt what they did with the One... Swore blind I wouldn't get one

After they done the 180 though my opinion improved of them slightly - not enough to warrant a sale from me as of yet, I may get one in a year or two for a few good exclusives and a price drop comes into effect, and maybe if they stop bundling the Kinect ****e, for now though its gonna be Sony all the way....

(First time saying that since ps2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Does the PS4 support 5Ghz Wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

i wonder if the ps3 firmware will be updated to look like the ps4.

Highly doubtful. They need to show the PS4 is an improvement over the PS3 at every level. Having both consoles with the same GUI would not be wise marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is the ps4 gonna be backwards compatible?? I'm thinking for the last of us and gta 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the ps4 gonna be backwards compatible?? I'm thinking for the last of us and gta 5

No. Gakai streaming service to launch some time in 2014 to play ps1/2/3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

No, completely different system architecture. Plus, trying to put a Cell chip into every PS4 would add to the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

maximoose wrote: »

I hope to have efibre by then! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

miralize wrote: »
    Does the PS4 support 5Ghz Wifi?

+1 ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

+1 ???

Dont think so, it wasnt listed in the FCC file as far as i remember.

Keith wrote: »
    Dont think so, it wasnt listed in the FCC file as far as i remember.

Bizarre not to at this stage imo. Just asking to see if anyone knows, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't 5Ghz. Not exactly expensive nor needs much space in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

miralize wrote: »
    Bizarre not to at this stage imo. Just asking to see if anyone knows, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't 5Ghz. Not exactly expensive nor needs much space in the box

Found this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624351

Has 802.11n at 2.4GHz only.

Keith wrote: »
    Found this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624351

Has 802.11n at 2.4GHz only.

Yeah just looking at it, hopefully thats rectified before launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

maximoose wrote: »

Wont streaming ps1/2/3 games eat up a lot of bandwidth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wont streaming ps1/2/3 games eat up a lot of bandwidth?

Not much more than the likes of netflix. You're only streaming the video and sending the inputs, it's all being processed on servers.

Think of it like netflix for games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not much more than the likes of netflix. You're only streaming the video and sending the inputs, it's all being processed on servers.

Think of it like netflix for games.

Ahhhhh good to know,I was afraid of going over my limit -_-.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ahhhhh good to know,I was afraid of going over my limit -_-.

My sister watched the newest episode of breaking bad on Monday on Netflix through an O2 Hot shot and it used up 500 MB of her allocated download limit.

Shocked me for a TV show... And it's a pay as you go card she set up Monday just to use for Netflix before anyone thinks there might have been other usage? There wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

With Netflix it depends on what quality you stream at. HD quality will eat up way more data than standard or even 480p. Have to watch your settings. Same with Youtube vids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement