Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

shuffles03 wrote: »

Pretty sure Killzone will be a DL code, not physical copy....still am amazing deal. Controller + camera = 120 euro, 520 with console....so its saving 20 quid at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

GC: Are you considering offering a direct equivalent or response to the FIFA 14 deal?

JR: No.

GC: You’re not tempted to go and make a deal with some other game?

JR: Why should we do that? Our problem is gonna be matching supply to demand. It’s perfectly rational when a platform holder, or indeed a publisher, runs a pre-order campaign to engage in promotional behaviour to dial it up if you feel it’s not where you need it to be. That’s a rational thing for any businessman to do. We’re perfectly happy with where our pre-order are.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/sony-jim-ryan-interview-giving-away-stuff-on-day-one-its-kind-of-odd-3939866/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gamestop here in town said they will change your order to a bundle when they are officially able to offer them, but they will only be getting so many in per store, so you will have to get in fast when they announce them.

wonder as well if this is in response to the fifa bundle.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I wonder what would be included with the PS4+Vita bundle ?

Apart from the obvious

What are peoples thoughts ? PS4 + Vita + Camera or PS4 + Vita + 2nd controller ?

I wonder what would be included with the PS4+Vita bundle ?

Apart from the obvious

What are peoples thoughts ? PS4 + Vita + Camera or PS4 + Vita + 2nd controller ?

PS4 + Vita + 2nd controller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

wonder as well if this is in response to the fifa bundle.......

If it is, they knocked it out of the park IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was gonna say 'who cares about the camera' then I remember how fricking great it all looks.

• Advertisement

i am deffo getting the camera come what may, but a bundle would be best.

SOLD!.....well, for FREE on PS+ :D

^ looks amazing!....this will be the first game i DL and play on the PS4 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

SOLD!.....well, for FREE on PS+ :D

^ looks amazing!....this will be the first game i DL and play on the PS4 :cool:

waiting months for a ps4 and then to play a fancy super star dust, don't get it with all the excitement about indie games, AAA games is what excites me. Personally cant wait to play the division but have some wait ahead of me. Killzone and Watchdogs and I will be happy. But saying all that everyone to there own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gonna make sure I get one if those bundles. Unreal value!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some value. Basically getting the camera for free and a significant discount on the second controller. If they had announced this at gamescom, Sony would have given MS nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Definity going to get the camera one if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Very tempted to pre order that bundle. I'll be interested to see if there are any other ones in particular like BF4 or Knack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Very tempted to pre order that bundle. I'll be interested to see if there are any other ones in particular like BF4 or Knack.

Knack is more likely than BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Varik wrote: »
    Knack is more likely than BF4.

I agree.

I like the look of Killzone anyway. If that deal comes onto the UK amazon site I'll struggle not to finally preorder it.

Sony signs 21 publishers for exclusive PlayStation content

I would hope that Deep Down is a exclusive and looking forward to seeing what Atlus will bring out.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/30/sony-signs-21-publishers-for-exclusive-playstation-content/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »

I would hope that Deep Down is a exclusive and looking forward to seeing what Atlus will bring out.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/30/sony-signs-21-publishers-for-exclusive-playstation-content/

I really think SONY have the right strategy GAMES GAMES GAMES, everything else is a bonus as in apps and TV. And the more exclusive content the better :cool:

@Xenji I see you have been naughty on the xbox forum again :pac::pac::pac:

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I really think SONY have the right strategy GAMES GAMES GAMES, everything else is a bonus as in apps and TV. And the more exclusive content the better :cool:

@Xenji I see you have been naughty on the xbox forum again :pac::pac::pac:

Lol actually I was not trolling, just what I was told today when I was putting money down on Knack :) Girlfriend's parents are getting her a XBOX for her birthday and pre-ordered it months ago, so was just enquiring.

Lol actually I was not trolling

:eek: I would never suggest such a thing! :), unfortunately its the truth what you say! I just can't see a smooth launch for the xbox 1. SONY have 3 gens and countless hardware launches behind them over decades! MS have only 2 major hardware launches to date!

But as I said on the other thread if you order a console in good faith I really hope xbox fans get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

well i disagree with you, im hoping Deep Down is a timed exclusive
    although im getting both at some point, IMO i think its pathetic that both companies look for exclusives.

For example with the xbox one,
    dead rising 3
    Ryse
    Titanfall (rumours its timed but i guess we will all know more soon enough)

like im not having a go at you pal, but why cant these producers just go for timed exclusives? would it not be beneficial for everyone if all games came out on all platforms, theirfore people would only ever need to consider what console to choose based on the consoles themselfs and not the games. Me getting the xbox one first was purely based on the exclusives they had but at the same point if i wasnt getting the ps4 later next year, id be really sad that i couldnt play any of the exclusives the playstation had to offer
    if you check out the capcom forum under dead rising3, theirs riots over it being only an xbox exclusive, where as i believe it would be better if it was only timed, the company would do much better in terms of profit and hopefully make a second.

Ive always said if MS and Sony ever teamed up to make one console, it would probably be the best partnership in the world:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll take a Sony console, with MS's exclusive game developers signed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Will 3rd party controllers be able to be wireless? Or is it proprietary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Ive always said if MS and Sony ever teamed up to make one console, it would probably be the best partnership in the world:pac:

If we have learned anything in the last few months, it's that competition is the best thing consumers can ask for.

Exclusives are one of the few avenues left to companies to differentiate themselves. While most of these titles are first or second party, the handful of third party exclusives can help developers and publishers too as it means they get money before the game even launches, taking some of the pressure off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Great news,

twitter:

Igor Arsentyev @HyperXStream
    @yosp
    Does DualShock 4 3.5 Jack has a normal headphones support or it's only for voice chat?

Shuhei Yoshida
    @yosp
    @HyperXStream it's not only for a voice chat, you can choose

I was really hoping I can plug in my headphones in dualshock instead of PS4 or TV (due to short wire). If it won't work I would have to get wireless headphones and the good ones aren't cheap..

198321 wrote: »

I was really hoping I can plug in my headphones in dualshock instead of PS4 or TV (due to short wire). If it won't work I would have to get wireless headphones and the good ones aren't cheap..

This is epic for me :cool::cool::cool:

Sitting in my man cave (aka the kitchen) with earphone hooked into my controller really suits me due to my Mrs complaining about the noise of BF3 upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Don't expect the quality to be very good, it's using Bluetooth.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't just buy a cheap gaming headset. You can get a wireless 5.1 headset for less than the price of a new game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement