Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Don't expect the quality to be very good, it's using Bluetooth.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't just buy a cheap gaming headset. You can get a wireless 5.1 headset for less than the price of a new game.

well i am casual player - would play only few minutes to get my mind off other things so I'm pretty happy with basic headphones as long as I don't have to sit in front of TV to have them plugged in :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't expect the quality to be very good, it's using Bluetooth.

Depends on what type of bluetooth will be in use and how sony have the ds4 engineered for audio through the 3.5mm jack, if it's in anyway like Sony's MDR-1RBT then the weakest link may well be in the headphones you end up plugging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gaming headsets arent a novelty like 3d or gaming chairs. They really do help with the tone of the game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am mildly more interested in The Playroom now... mildly.
    Brutal Legend and Happy Action Theater studio Double Fine is developing the PS4's augmented-reality curio The PlayRoom, due upon the console's launch.

This news emerged from SCEA VP of developer and publisher relations, Adam Boyes, during a Sony indies showcase event tonight at PAX Prime attended by Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Ive always said if MS and Sony ever teamed up to make one console, it would probably be the best partnership in the world:pac:

Disagree here. Microsoft probably would have insisted on some of the idiotic policies the xbone had at the start and there would be no competition to make them change their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cienciano wrote: »
    Disagree here. Microsoft probably would have insisted on some of the idiotic policies the xbone had at the start and there would be no competition to make them change their minds.

hopefully sometime in the future these polices that they tried to introduce can be improved without drm restrictions, would of been something great
    although either way the future will be eventually digital just hopefully not as restrictive as they tried to make it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

hopefully sometime in the future these polices that they tried to introduce can be improved without drm restrictions, would of been something great

Which policies could have been great?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Which policies could have been great?

clearly your a ms hater so i wont bother :) will only start a flame war
    but they had some great ideas, just because drm restrictions ruined it all
    even if you dont agree
    theirs plenty who do

even if you dont agree
    theirs plenty who do

:confused:, how about you give your opinion before insulting someone

miralize wrote: »
    :confused:, how about you give your opinion before insulting someone

how did i insult him? i just said hes a MS hater which clearly shows, but thats not insluting :confused: i didnt say anything to personally insult him, i just stated something about his post which shows hes a MS hater, thats a fact but i dont hold him to it because theirs plenty who do hate MS and i wouldnt blame them.
    and i already gave my opinion :) read above:pac:

• Advertisement

how did i insult him? i just said hes a MS hater which clearly shows, but thats not insluting :confused: thats a fact but i dont hold him to it because theirs plenty who do hate MS and i wouldnt blame them.

Not really. Just because they asked you to elaborate doesnt automatically classify them as a "MS hater". Are you talking about the discless playing? Or are you talking about something else?

miralize wrote: »
    Not really. Just because they asked you to elaborate doesnt automatically classify them as a "MS hater". Are you talking about the discless playing? Or are you talking about something else?

Theirs asking why i think that and theirs being smart about it the way they wrote it :pac: open your eyes man
    ive already voiced my opinions multiple times, im not writing them all over again, specialy not in this thread seen as theirs to much hate going on both sides of the river, it will only cause a flame war which im not really interested in.

All i said was if MS and Sony teamed up they would be a great partnership and thats my opinion and I dont feel the need to elaborate on that opinion because it speaks for itself, whether people agree or disagree thats up to them I dont really care :L because its something that will never happen anyhow so it be pointless to have a debate over it

Theirs asking why i think that and theirs being smart about it the way they wrote it :pac: open your eyes man
    ive already voiced my opinions multiple times, im not writing them all over again, specialy not in this thread seen as theirs to much hate going on both sides of the river, it will only cause a flame war which im not really interested in.

All i said was if MS and Sony teamed up they would be a great partnership and thats my opinion and I dont feel the need to elaborate on that opinion because it speaks for itself, whether people agree or disagree thats up to them I dont really care :L because its something that will never happen anyhow so it be pointless to have a debate over it

"Which policies could have been great?" You have a clear case of forum paranoia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

another terrific looking indie game to buy on day one.....looks super hard to control though, might be one of those games you throw heavy objects at

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/31/4681180/playstation-4-will-feature-voice-command-capabilities-sony-confirms

"Yeah, that’s great and all, but can it detect my heart rate? Because this is really important to me as a gamer. Really."

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I am MS hater and not afraid to say it :D but I would be happy to read reasons why xbox is better and why Microsoft policies were ok, really .. I might change my mind - but so far nothing ..

but most reliable are going to be reviews once both consoles are out on market, as MS or Sony only tells us good stuff :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Thanks anyway.

damn, so much hate in that post!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Enough of this fanboy nonsense, it's tiring and idiotic. Any accusations of fanboyism (or any synonyms, derivatives or variations of the same) one direction or the other shall be warned, infracted, banned etc... Please report posts rather than engaging with any trolls, cheers.

Hope no one starts up any of this again.

even if you dont agree
    theirs plenty who do
    how did i insult him? i just said hes a MS hater which clearly shows, but thats not insluting :confused: i didnt say anything to personally insult him, i just stated something about his post which shows hes a MS hater, thats a fact but i dont hold him to it because theirs plenty who do hate MS and i wouldnt blame them.

LOL, you post all that to avoid a "flame war"? Surely posting a few points on whatever MS policies that were good, but now gone, would have been simpler? If someone disagrees, so what? You said yourself plenty would agree with you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ps4 does not support external hdd installs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666461

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ps4 does not support external hdd installs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666461

Makes no odds when you can swap out the internal one yourself. Mute point. It's only a useful feature for the X1 as you can't change it's HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Makes no odds when you can swap out the internal one yourself. Mute point. It's only a useful feature for the X1 as you can't change it's HDD

Surely size becomes an issue when you want to place a large capacity harddrive inside. Will it fit?

Surely size becomes an issue when you want to place a large capacity harddrive inside. Will it fit?

How large? you're hitting 2tb before realistically having to go up a size in HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

How large? you're hitting 2tb before realistically having to go up a size in HDD
    That's good, 3 TB+ would be nice.

I am very surprised Sony are not supporting external harddrives. Such a small feature, that's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I am very surprised Sony are not supporting external harddrives. Such a small feature, that's a shame.

They are, you just can't install games on it.

Can't really see you having more than 2tb of games anytime soon, but by the time such a collection has been amassed higher capacity HDD's will have come down in price - making them a realistic option.

I am very surprised Sony are not supporting external harddrives. Such a small feature as well, that's a shame.

The PS4 does support ext. HDD's - but you cannot store your games on one.

Sure the 500gb drive will last a long time before it's full. Not supporting games on external hard drives isn't a problem imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The PS4 does support ext. HDD's - but you cannot store your games on one.

Do save game files work on it?

Do save game files work on it?

Haven't actually read anything on that, is this currently enabled on the PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Haven't actually read anything on that, is this currently enabled on the PS3?

You're asking the wrong man, 360 owner here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement