Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Do save game files work on it?

thats what the cloud is for....you've got 3 gigabyte with ps plus ;)

FYI = the ps4 only supports drives with a 9.5mm z-height....ergo you are limited to 1.5 terrabyte....and those 1.5 terrabyte drives are not out until Q1 2014.

so its 1tb for us, sa,e as ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cienciano wrote: »
    Sure the 500gb drive will last a long time before it's full. Not supporting games on external hard drives isn't a problem imho.

I have a 1tb HDD in my PS3 now and it's filling up very quickly with PS+ alone.

A 500gb HDD will not be long filling up on the PS4. A 2tb HDD will be needed within a 2 years at least. Game installs are going to get bigger and downloadalbe games will get much bigger. Add in HD movies and music and 500gb gets eaten quickly. Imagine all the DLC for BF4 will take up alone.

hmmm....pre installed, but no so free eh?....seems The Playroom will have paid for DLC: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/31/pax-double-fine-making-dlc-for-playstation-4s-the-playroom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Anyone else think in one way we are really lucky for the two week gap between the North American release and the European release.

We'll get to hear all the reviews of the games and base our purchases accordingly? I have no idea what games to go for... Will those two weeks be time enough to pre order games?

My preorder is with GameStop before the launch day deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know if smiths will have any of the official bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Deedsie wrote: »
    Anyone else think in one way we are really lucky for the two week gap between the North American release and the European release.

We'll get to hear all the reviews of the games and base our purchases accordingly? I have no idea what games to go for... Will those two weeks be time enough to pre order games?

My preorder is with GameStop before the launch day deadline.

some people were saying that games could be as limited as the new consoles will be... hopefully not... Im pre ordering battlefield 4 and fifa 14 and then its a toss up between watchdogs and AC4...

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know if smiths will have any of the official bundles?

nobody knows yet......not even smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    some people were saying that games could be as limited as the new consoles will be... hopefully not... Im pre ordering battlefield 4 and fifa 14 and then its a toss up between watchdogs and AC4...

I highly doubt it. The games are on regular Blu-Rays so there is no reason they would have to be limited.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Otacon wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. The games are on regular Blu-Rays so there is no reason they would have to be limited.

As well as that, it's a new console...most games on the current consoles (which obviously have way more owners) don't sell out...most games ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has it been confirmed if the launch titles will be up for download on the store at launch?

If so I may just wait for review and get them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

All PS4 titles will be downloadable. I'd assume that's from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Beefy78 wrote: »

We had better hope that they have improved PSN download speeds dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »

A lot of it is before day one as with preloading.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

"The best selection of PS4 games":

http://ie.playstation.com/ps4/games/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

We had better hope that they have improved PSN download speeds dramatically.

I am hoping and praying that i will have efibre in by end of nov and a speedier psn would be so sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why do people think 500gb won't be enough space?

Just uninstall games when you're done with them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Why bother when you can just replace the hard-drive and not have to delete anything? My 320GB PS3 is pretty much full so I'm having to delete and re-install but I'd rather have easy access to my entire catalogue of games instead of uninstalling and reinstalling every time I want to play some Hamsterball.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Someone used the same logic about my music collection before high capacity media players became the norm, seems perfectly reasonable but is an absolute pain in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why do people think 500gb won't be enough space?

Just uninstall games when you're done with them? :confused:

The digital download of Uncharted 3 was 43.5 GB and then took up 87 GB of disk space, so if you are going the digital route, it will not be much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I would go digital only if its more than 25% cheaper. It's not fair to charge same price for bluray disk (often with free shipping) and download ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

198321 wrote: »
    I would go digital only if its more than 25% cheaper. It's not fair to charge same price for bluray disk (often with free shipping) and download ..
    Even if packaging and distribution costs don't add up to anything close to 25% of the total cost of the product? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 does voice recognition through the new PlayStation Camera.
    A Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson told Eurogamer: "We can confirm that PS Camera does allow voice recognition. We will share more details on this shortly."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-sony-confirms-playstation-camera-does-voice-recognition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

will disc games require a full install?

i'd stick to discs myself if they save space, that and i still like getting the boxart etc

F1ngers wrote: »
    "The best selection of PS4 games":

http://ie.playstation.com/ps4/games/

a wide selection of games that should cover every genre and taste :)

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I am hoping and praying that i will have efibre in by end of nov and a speedier psn would be so sweet!

+1 .....hoping and praying for the fibre to get switched on in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The PS+ is great but the games are still expensive online compared to amazon.co.uk. I don't know if that will change and I can only think of buying indie games on it.
    I installed a 640GB HD on my PS3 (replacing the 120Gb) and its only around 50% full. A lot of the demos can be deleted and it didn't fill as quick as I expected.

I never get tired of watching these cute guys!....cant wait to play this on the PS4 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I never get tired of watching these cute guys!....cant wait to play this on the PS4 :p

Is there a TV mount available for the PS4 camera ? I needed one for the PS3 camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Is there a TV mount available for the PS4 camera ? I needed one for the PS3 camera.

The PS4 camera is a flat slab. I doubt you'd need a mount for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement