Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woohoo! Around 13 hours to the new Vita model reveal! :P

I think one big improvement a lot of us would like to see is for firmware upgrades to just download updates to the existing firmware rather than downloading a complete upgraded firmware.

Woohoo! Around 13 hours to the new Vita model reveal! :P

I think one big improvement a lot of us would like to see is for firmware upgrades to just download updates to the existing firmware rather than downloading a complete upgraded firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Really hope it isn't true but there are also rumours that Sony will no longer provide access to online gaming for free.

As long as they keep giving us free games with subs, I wouldn't mind. But we'll see what happens if Plus goes from a luxury to a necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I really don't get why Sony released a new version of the PS3 if they knew they were going to release the PS4? Other than marketing reasons

Though it is likely that I will wait like last time, until PS4 mkii comes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

"PS World" my hole! PS+ looks fooked, good things never last.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sin0city wrote: »
    Really hope it isn't true but there are also rumours that Sony will no longer provide access to online gaming for free.

I doubt it. That's one of the big advantages Sony had over Microsoft this generation. I'd say there'll just be a lot more features thrown in to PS+ to entice more people to sign up to it for the next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Won't be getting one either though. Give it 6 months to a year. It'll be one or two hundred cheaper

After a year it won't have dropped by that much, after a year at most it'll be down by 50.
    if it's anything like the PS3 you'll probably get a newer version with bigger hard drive that looks better and may even work better.

If it's anything like the ps3 then the next version will be worse and have none of the issue sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

554203_10100866345229029_473559679_n.jpg

Playstation meeting 2013 package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

cloud493 wrote: »

Take many pictures, you hear??!!

• Advertisement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-20-playstation-4-out-november-has-xbox-live-style-subscription-report

A lot of fuss in the comments thread over at Eurogamer about the possibility of an Xbox styled sub. The article only says 'most' online features will be part of a sub. Not 'all'. I'd imagine online gaming will still be free any all the new extras will be part of Plus or whatever the name evolves into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

nocoverart wrote: »
    "PS World" my hole! PS+ looks fooked, good things never last.

I doubt PS+ is going anywhere. It's not just great for us, it's a fantastic marketing tool for Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Varik wrote: »
    After a year it won't have dropped by that much, after a year at most it'll be down by 50.

If it's anything like the ps3 then the next version will be worse and have none of the issue sorted.

Well it'll cost less.

The only positive the original had was backwards compatibility.
    It was louder, bigger, had a relatively small hard drive and was less energy efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

2ikbnfd.jpg

cloud493 wrote: »

Ah Hammerstein. So can expect appearances from Tommy Dreamer and Sandman?

If there is a sub for online functionality, I wonder what way they'll go with Home, if they keep it. It may be a benefit for subscribers or it may be free since I'm sure no one would be willing to pay for it, unless it's vastly improved.
    Speaking of Home, is it even available on Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah Hammerstein. So can expect appearances from Tommy Dreamer and Sandman?

Genuine LOL at that! Hope all the lights go off, Enter Sandman comes on and Sandman starts walking through the crowd holding a PS4 and drinking a beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Can anyone tell me what this "share button" is that people are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If there is a sub for online functionality, I wonder what way they'll go with Home, if they keep it. It may be a benefit for subscribers or it may be free since I'm sure no one would be willing to pay for it, unless it's vastly improved.
    Speaking of Home, is it even available on Vita?

Not available on Vita yet.

Though I think a Miiverse-like conversion would improve Home. Maybe every game on the PS4 has a game room set up on Home, accessible even when playing the game. If you are stuck, or want to meet up with someone to join a co-op game with you, you can jump into that game's room and meet others who are also playing at that time.

Also, the games developers could use the room as a meeting place for game announcements and community challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Wow the 20th has arrived ! Awesome !

I can't wait to see what Sony has come up with. Some of the rumours were a bit far off the mark for me and don't think Sony will run with them. I think the PS4 although hardware limited in some regards will really set the new standard in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Reports in US that some people got bonus 10 dollars added to their account. obviously tied to todays announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

So excited! I love hardware reveals, usually don't get the hardware but the hype and reveal is so much better

Well it'll cost less.

The only positive the original had was backwards compatibility.
    It was louder, bigger, had a relatively small hard drive and was less energy efficient.

The Slim wasn't the next out, the next PS3s were the 40/80GB without the BC and at that point most of those who went out an bought at launch had put a much larger drive in.

The original was the end of 2006 (start of 2007) and the slims didn't come out till half way through 2009 and those were only 160GB.

The PlayStation store has been updated early, they're getting ready.

Before the delayed it and put up the weeks content and the videos from the shows.

Otacon wrote: »
    Not available on Vita yet.

Though I think a Miiverse-like conversion would improve Home. Maybe every game on the PS4 has a game room set up on Home, accessible even when playing the game. If you are stuck, or want to meet up with someone to join a co-op game with you, you can jump into that game's room and meet others who are also playing at that time.

Also, the games developers could use the room as a meeting place for game announcements and community challenges.

I think the times I've gone into Home when bored have left me with mostly negative image because of how long everything takes to load. May just be my connection but like a lot of stuff on the PS3, it seems to redownload fixed items and places repeatedly.

And no money to my account anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Any links for live feed? what time it is going to be by irish time ladS?

Any links for live feed? what time it is going to be by irish time ladS?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-20-sonys-new-playstation-reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514224

For everyone who can't watch the show live, you'll be able to find a recorded link to the video here after the conference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

think il be going pc first ps4 this gen, m$ really let me down with all this kinect **** and it looks like their continuing with it into the next gen, really excited to see some games for the ps4 tonight and what they look like,

really hope ps make a massive comeback this gen as the ps3 was kind of lackluster in my books (still better than the 360 though, regret selling my ps3 2 years ago should have sold the damn 360 :()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

:eek: nuts how he can be put behind bars for 20 years for that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement