Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Would 8 players even be fun? It'd be so hard trying to figure out which player you control

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You would need 8 very different colours. There's no way it would be as good as an 8 team tournament with 2 joypads, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've played 8 player Pro Evo on the PS2 a fair few times. It was a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS3 had 7 and not more as that's the limit of active slave devices per master (ps3), considering the new DS4 controller are also used for voice chat and game audio that likely the reason for the reduction.

I also managed to drop my Pulse headset with the 3.5mm in and that manage to break the 3.5mm jack board mount off, and my soldering is not up to the task especially with usb port so close. Going to try later or might ask someone as with a bit of fiddling I did get sound back so unless I made things worse it might be fixable. In the meantime I need to use normal headphones and the old bluetooth earpiece as a desktop mic, ASUS have some new console headsets coming out and from their current stuff they're well built and even if PS3 headsets will work with PS4 I'll wait to see how well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The more people you have playing Bomberman the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

This 4 controller stuff is actually a little disappointing.

Being able to throw 5 or 6 people into FIFA was handy even if it was a a bit of a nightmare to know what was going on.

Was a better laugh than sitting alone and chatting over a mic.

Really hoping this gen doesn't kill local multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya it doesn't affect me now but I can imagine that being a little disappointing for a bunch of college room mates etc. If we had the controllers, we'd all play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Never used more than 2 controllers on PS3 so not impacted by this. The gaikai news is slightly worrying though...a second rate experience for European PS4 owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This 4 controller stuff is actually a little disappointing.

Being able to throw 5 or 6 people into FIFA was handy even if it was a a bit of a nightmare to know what was going on.

Was a better laugh than sitting alone and chatting over a mic.

Really hoping this gen doesn't kill local multiplayer.

Most consoles were lucky to have 4 controllers for years without killing it

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Chinpool wrote: »
    Most consoles were lucky to have 4 controllers for years without killing it

Oh that was a separate point really, but still they ARE going backwards.

It seemed to be the way it was going this gen so next-gen could see a more drastic shift away from local multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nedved85 wrote: »
    8 player FIFA could be a bit of craic - but ya i guess 4 is sufficient
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've played 8 player Pro Evo on the PS2 a fair few times. It was a lot of fun.

I played 3 on a team in Pro Evo and thought that was to much! You don't get the ball enough. 2V2 is ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

best footage yet....better then sony's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Cienciano wrote: »
    I played 3 on a team in Pro Evo and thought that was to much! You don't get the ball enough. 2V2 is ideal.

Yeah it's complete carnage. Which makes it perfect for a session with a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks great. Also looks very Ico-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Grayditch wrote: »
    Looks great. Also looks very Ico-ish.

It looks so Ico-ish it's bordering on rip-off!!

I'd still buy it.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well it is not like we will be seeing The Last Guardian anytime soon, so Rime looks like a must get.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Rime is day 1 buy or me. I Love those genre of games, it looks awesome. I hope the music and story are as good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm 50/50 now on the xbox one vs. PS4...........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

....okaaaay.....

• Advertisement

I can't wait to get this console on launch day (fingers crossed) and let all those F2P games download while I play through the Killzone campaign.

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Klair88 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Richard didn't like the Dynamic Menu of the PS4. That is the only reason I am aware of but there may be more.

Otacon wrote: »
    Richard didn't like the Dynamic Menu of the PS4. That is the only reason I am aware of but there may be more.

I guess i just thought because he posted in here a lot, especially about the Specs of the consoles, he was PS4 set!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Are you serious? The release date has made you reconsider buying whichever one?

I genuinely can't understand that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Has there been any confirmation what dlc games will be available day one?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Has there been any confirmation what dlc games will be available day one?

How do you mean, paid PSN games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Grayditch wrote: »
    How do you mean, paid PSN games?

Like indie games, planetside etc that wont be in brick and mortar stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah, that is what I think he meant. That is what I'm wondering as well, so have you any idea?

• Advertisement

Ah, right. The list is here, but they're mixed in. You can still see which ones have PSN beside them.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement