Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Hmm theres not much so. I was considering getting like €100 PSN credit for launch but think €25 will do along with watch dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well, when Planetside 2 comes out, it'll be free, I think. Same with Warthunder and Warframe. All F2P's, so I'm sure they'll be asking for money all the time, but stuff like DCU has a lot of content for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Grayditch wrote: »
    Well, when Planetside 2 comes out, it'll be free, I think. Same with Warthunder and Warframe. All F2P's, so I'm sure they'll be asking for money all the time, but stuff like DCU has a lot of content for free.

I might aswell save my money for other launch titles. So many I want to get, I never remember being more excited about the launch games than the actual console launch before.

I'm not gonna have the money to pick up everything I want, I'd say. If I can get that Killzone bundle, I'll probably grab Watchdogs and possibly another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tok9 wrote: »
    Are you serious? The release date has made you reconsider buying whichever one?

I genuinely can't understand that logic.

Like i said its a daily plus and minus game....the CPU uplock is a big plus, but still ealy days, i'll know by the 29th what i am getting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Like i said its a daily plus and minus game....the CPU uplock is a big plus, but still ealy days, i'll know by the 29th what i am getting :)

How is it a big plus? Do you know what the ps4 clock speed is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For me, the games are the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is the Killzone bundle available to pre-order anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is the Killzone bundle available to pre-order anywhere in Ireland?

It's not even official yet. Only leaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Well I hope they announce it soon, I preordered PS4 + cammera and now Microsoft came with xbox one (kinect included) + Free Forza 5 and it seems better value than PS4+camera+game so I also preordered xbox one.

Although I like PS4 more, it is nice to get free game with xbox one

I have both day one release, on Amazon.co.uk so week before release I have to to decide which one I want ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just pre ordered the X1 with Forza 5 on Amazon there myself. If it goes of on Gamestops site will order it there and cancel Amazon as Gamestop will be quicker and about €20 cheaper even with Amazons free delivery option. Think I'll play the PS4 on release and keep the X1 as a Xmas pressy to myself.

Wish I had money to buy both ..

My concern with xbox is that Naughty dog has excellent games exclusive for PS4 and I would not be happy if they come with amazing game in 2014 and I have xbox one .. I dont like shooters (like killzone or halo) .. im more into Last of us or Tomb Raider, I guess PS4 is better for those type of games than xbox

The main reason I'm going with the PS4 first anyway, is the developers they have working for them and also, I've only had to buy ONE PS3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

198321 wrote: »

My concern with xbox is that Naughty dog has excellent games exclusive for PS4 and I would not be happy if they come with amazing game in 2014 and I have xbox one .. I dont like shooters (like killzone or halo) .. im more into Last of us or Tomb Raider, I guess PS4 is better for those type of games than xbox

I'd be the same in my taste of games.

After what i seen with the last of us and then shambles MS made of the X1 early on I'd have to be mad to go with the X1 over PS4. Ps3 has been a much better system as well over the latter years of this gen.

I'll be picking up a PS4 around january time. Hopefully there are a few bundles around by then. Killzone doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

198321 wrote: »

I'm of a similar mindset (The fact that Naughty Dog were staying exclusive was my deciding factor to go PS4 even before the E3 debacle). I really loved the looks of some of those indie games (Rime just looks amazing) and the support Sony seem to be giving them and I like the fact that they will give us more than generic FPS titles. I'll get Killzone at launch and Watchdogs but I'm really looking forward to what Naughty Dog and Bioware etc will bring to the next gen table. (Roll on Mass Effect: X)

And yes, I know Bioware stuff won't be exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Could this affect PS4 production?

Hynix FABs on fire after chemical explosion:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/memory/faith/hynix-fabs-on-fire-after-chemical-explosion/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

shuffles03 wrote: »

http://www.kitguru.net/components/memory/faith/hynix-fabs-on-fire-after-chemical-explosion/

FAB 1 + 2 essentially gone, costs billions to replace....15% of world DRAM production gone in under 2 hours! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

shuffles03 wrote: »

that is some serious sh*t.....
    can only imagin the costs :pac: be enough to take ireland out of debt and more:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

"Currently, there is no material damage to the fab equipment in the clean room, thus we expect to resume operations in a short time period so that overall production and supply volume would not be materially affected," company spokesman Seongae Park said in a statement.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL2N0H013R20130904?irpc=932

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just hope there were no deaths. That looks like a horrible fire to get caught in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I just hope there were no deaths. That looks like a horrible fire to get caught in.

Yeah hopefully, it's crazy how quickly a fire spreads, this video scared the pants off me.

Just watching 14min new gameplay of watchdogs and it looks nice, but drawing distance seems to be pretty short, shades of cars only appears when they are very close etc etc .. they still have few months hope they fix that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Link^^^?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

Shane.C wrote: »
    Link^^^?

I'd say he's talking about this

Yep sorry I thought it was pretty obvious which one, new video on Ubisoft youtube and also in Playstation channel ..

I also see on youtube comments - Open door with his head (8:15) ? Next generation game and they didn't bother to make some hand movement ..

Also when he is shooting somebody is sitting on a bench in front of him and nothing (12:20) .. funny that at the same time they are talking about how realistic they want it to be ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Outlast got released on the PC today, hopefully it will be as good on the PS4, IGN were positive about it, it is nice to see a return to real Horror console games.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/outlast-review

We also have Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within to look forward to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    Outlast got released on the PC today, hopefully it will be as good on the PS4, IGN were positive about it, it is nice to see a return to real Horror console games.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/outlast-review

We also have Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within to look forward to as well.

Im more looking forward to TEW, looks brilliant , i always enjoy a good scare :pac:

Looking forward to this more every day. Most people I know are getting a PS4, so there'll be some craic with the F2P stuff for the first month at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Still no BF4 shown on PS4... hmmmm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement