Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Big news ey?

My prediction is Kaz Hirai will walk out on stage, politely bow as is customary and announce The Last Guardian is being bundled with every launch PS4.

He will then raise his arms, at which point candy will shoot out of his sleeves, showering the assembled journalists with local Pocky and Kit Kat variants, and other miscellaneous Rilakumma branded confectionery.

He will then ascend out of the stadium while The Blue Hearts perform a live version of Linda, Linda for some reason.

Worth catching on YouTube the next day, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My prediction is Kaz Hirai will walk out on stage, politely bow as is customary and announce The Last Guardian is being bundled with every launch PS4.

I'd think more people would be angry with that than would be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deep Down is currently only set to release in Japan.

Deep Down is a very western looking rpg, it will will be released in all territories eventually, Capcom are not that stupid, hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i'm up......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

funny new ps vita and they spend 2 minutes talking about it (hardware) .. if it was Apple it would be 30 minutes of how amazing it is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Was there anything else announced other than vita news?

padair wrote: »
    Was there anything else announced other than vita news?

They've been on about the ps3 for the last 20 minutes.

Ps4 releases in Japan on 22 2 2014 and includes camera(?) and there's a knack bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

New Vita design / colours

GT6 launching in December

New PS3 with GT6

PS4 to release in Japan next February one flavour with camera and one without

PS4 to get launch edition with Knack

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Europe and America first?

Man, what a difference a generation makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Japan not getting PS4 till 2014. Bad luck there but I guess hand held's are more popular and there is the Vita announcement. I think I will wait for the new Vita.

sony just killed the vita......massive downgrade to save money, so yer 50 quid price drop gets you a sh88ty lcd display, gone is the uber quality oled screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It makes sense if they want to sell more of them. More sales, more games developed for it.

You know that you can go buy an oled model today, right?

Grayditch wrote: »
    It makes sense if they want to sell more of them. More sales, more games developed for it.

You know that you can go buy an oled model today, right?

everyone has picked upon it....all negative http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-sony-announces-slimmer-lighter-playstation-vita-redesign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

But the Vita's OLED screen has been replaced by an LED one, Sony mentioned.

That was harsh alright..

I don't see what the problem is. You can, as of now, choose which Vita you want. More people will now be able to afford the Vita, if they really want one.

If you want one with an Oled screen, fork out for one with an Oled screen. That's the way, you know... life works.

Sega showing off the new Yakuza game (PS3 and PS4), you play as an alternate version of Sakamoto Ryoma. I really like the end of the edo period and the boshin war stuff and i've watched my share of taiga drama, so unless they seriously mess up I'll definitely get this.

That was harsh alright..

the comments....the ones that matter, the people who buy the vita! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

whoever said its not worth to wake up for this show was right, it's hard to watch watch dogs in Japanese and than their dance/singing games ..

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is. You can, as of now, choose which Vita you want. More people will now be able to afford the Vita, if they really want one.

If you want one with an Oled screen, fork out for one with an Oled screen. That's the way, you know... life works.

not for long....once the oled stock goes yer fecked :(

• Advertisement

is there much of a difference in LED and OLED ? I think LED might be enough

the comments....the ones that matter, the people who buy the vita! :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha. My word.

PS VITA TV !!

aindriu80 wrote: »
    PS VITA TV !!

Bit odd alright, having it Vita branded is really odd.

Even if it can play Vita/PSP/PS1 games I'd say that it be better just calling it PS TV. The remote play streaming looks good, especially if Gakkai works when released.

The bundle works out at €115 with tax in Japan and their prices their prices are usually higher, so under €100 for this is rather good and without the bundle it's €70ish.

i dont think it'll be 70 euro or even 100.....it'll be 150 quid or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

aindriu80 wrote: »
    is there much of a difference in LED and OLED ? I think LED might be enough

**** all LED requires a backlight which can be done correctly easily enough but is a lot cheaper to use
    OLED produces the light itself

OLED/AMOLED is used in devices that are super thin that doesnt have the room for a backlight ie phones

Sony may not want to stump the cost for OLED nor pay millions to their Korean competitors (in other areas) to manufacture screens

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Was there any bundles announced? Thats what I was looking forward to...
    For those going to eurogamer expo like myself, theres a fierce rumour going around that activision will be giving away a copy of COD Ghosts to the first 500 people to play it. Eurogamer are waiting on clarification. There are people selling tickets on ebay for 80 pounds its crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

A Day with Playstation:

One of the Coolest ads i've ever seen. SONY are killing it. All this looks amazing.

Dat Blue Pulse.

29th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The VITA TV might just be the solution all parents with young children are looking for. I know when the PS4 turns up in my house my young son will just love to get his hands on it to see how far he can throw it.

it the streaming works exceptionally well then I could have the console out of sight. It would need to work perfectly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Imagine if they added Gaikai streaming to that thing...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement