Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good times, good times.

November 29th will take an ETERNITY to get here. :(

And this basically has decided for me whether or not I should get a PSVita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

VITA TV!!!!!!

sht-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-669.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »

That's the opposite of the last Xbox ad.

Varik wrote: »
    That's the opposite of the last Xbox ad.

That ad is EXACTLY what my life is like..... just replace all those friends with Kids and a Wife nagging in my ear and arsey neighbors!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully the PS Vita TV will be out over here by Christmas, chances are probably slim, but would be a good stocking filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

This is how the PS4 Lights up when you turn it on.

Most beautiful thing i have ever seen.

test2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

test2.gif

So its going to be a Red stripe of death so! :pac:

So its going to be a Red stripe of death so! :pac:

:D Haha, Please Sol no!!

Deep Down is gonna be set in 2094 New York, a bit odd and the the player will be able to see past memories. Sony are helping Capcom out with this, so it looks like it will be a PS4 exclusive, a new trailer is included in the link as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-deep-down-is-set-in-2094-new-york

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

test2.gif

Having to push a button to turn on your console? So much energy wasted. Tut tut :pac:

• Advertisement

If you get Final Fantasy 14 for the PS3, you can carry over your account and character data and play it on the PS4 for free.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-switch-from-playing-final-fantasy-14-on-ps3-to-ps4-for-free

Grayditch wrote: »
    Having to push a button to turn on your console? So much energy wasted. Tut tut :pac:

In the video i posted in the last page, it shows you can turn it on the same way on the controller as we do now. Also looked like he double pressed the PS button on the controller to navigate between the OS and gameplay.

All in all, it is awesome!

New PlayRoom trailer, not much we have not seen before, except at the end.

test2.gif

25903973-cry-gif-.gif

PS Vita TV Trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Xenji wrote: »
    New PlayRoom trailer, not much we have not seen before, except at the end.

I hope they use the camera for something else than just playroom, it's nice, but I would feel like I just wasted 50e for 5 minutes of fun ..

Also little disappointed with deep down, I already had trouble to get in Assasins creed with idea of being in future, playing in past, they should just make it all in past .. so to play game set in 2094 and than fighting dragons with sword doesn't seem 'real', also since it's in past and it's just memories doesn't make me believe that my actions can change future ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone have any info on when the second batches of PS4s might be available? Couple of days after launch, before xmas, after xmas?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on when the second batches of PS4s might be available? Couple of days after launch, before xmas, after xmas?

Hopefully before xmas! Doubt it will be just a few days after launch as they will need everysingle unit made to cover pre orders as it is!

Even if they do get second batches in before christmas, stores have been taken pre-orders for the the second batch for a few weeks now, so you still might not get one unless you have pre-ordered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mid december Id imagine a second stock will be released but no idea of how many will be in that wave will be a lot smaller though

After christmas is probably most likely time for a decent batch to be shipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I know it's not the answer that you want to hear, but honestly, nobody has a clue yet. It's just speculation at the moment.

I just wish they'd hurry up and give the retailers some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Preordered 2 weeks ago. Don't mind if the second batch comes a bit after. Cheers for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

NTMK wrote: »
    **** all LED requires a backlight which can be done correctly easily enough but is a lot cheaper to use
    OLED produces the light itself

OLED/AMOLED is used in devices that are super thin that doesnt have the room for a backlight ie phones

Sony may not want to stump the cost for OLED nor pay millions to their Korean competitors (in other areas) to manufacture screens

Sony probably didn't want to keep buying someone else's technology. I guess Sony is going to use screen in the Vita as whats in Sony's TV's/laptops/smart phones. I have a Sony Xperia TX smart phone and it says it has 720p resolution and 4.6" in size. For me on a smart phone on the go the quality of the video is very good. I was going to get a Vita but wasn't 100% sold on it.

I know the Xperia Z and now Xperia Z1 have 1080p so the quality of the video must be awesome. If the new LCD Vita is significantly cheaper but is something similar it probably is good enough & cheap enough for the casual gamer to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Who thinks this is really in-game footage, looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Japan aren't getting ps4 till feb 22nd?Kinda surprised by that,also deep down looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

There suppose have 1.5 million to 2 million ps4 for launch and they have 1 million preorders so guessing they rest be for walk in customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

MHI wrote: »
    Who thinks this is really in-game footage, looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

It's as much in-game footage as the original Motorstorm mockup years ago for the PS3. A target 'ideal' of what the game should be, but beyond the capability of the PS4.
    A cursory glance at the actual gameplay footage from earlier today show show much of a stretch it is ..... Looks approximately the same, but miles behind in frame rate, detail, lighting and you'd have to say unlikely to match up even with the dev time in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

rob808 wrote: »
    There suppose have 1.5 million to 2 million ps4 for launch and they have 1 million preorders so guessing they rest be for walk in customers.

you have a source for this? And is that 1 million total pre-orders or 1 million pre-orders from before August 7th or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

you have a source for this? And is that 1 million total pre-orders or 1 million pre-orders from before August 7th or whatever?
    Well it rummor it was on www.gamertrailers.com but I say definitely 1.5 million because Sony has all there factory at full load and they show a factory with palet of ps4 so I say there on track but I say most of the extras will go to America for Black Friday .it 1 million preorder before August 7 so people who preorder after that date migth have a chance on getting one on launch if Sony can produce more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

rob808 wrote: »
    Well it rummor it was on www.gamertrailers.com but I say definitely 1.5 million because Sony has all there factory at full load and they show a factory with palet of ps4 so I say there on track but I say most of the extras will go to America for Black Friday .it 1 million preorder before August 7 so people who preorder after that date migth have a chance on getting one on launch if Sony can produce more.

Do you have a link to the article saying this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement