Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Came across this earlier

The Making Of Playstation:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/making-playstation/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to see they were never ones to rip off Nintendo. :P

Yes I know how the Playstation started out. Just funny seeing that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good to see they were never ones to rip off Nintendo. :P

Yes I know how the Playstation started out. Just funny seeing that pic.

bet nintendo where kicking themselves all through the ps ps2 era for being so stupid :D
    heres hoping sony have learned a few lessons from the ps3 and make another revolutionary console like the ps1 or ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

http://ie.playstation.com/meeting2013/ official stream 23:00 GMT

I read something about Battlefield 4 coming out at the end of this year, personally I would love to play it on next gen hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What time does this start, GMT time?
    Thanks.

No interest in getting a PS4 at all, but its the whole build up and unvailing that is so exciting!!!! Cant wait to see what they have come up with.

Also, Price drop for the Vita here and the US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I just hope they change that crap outdated controller and have something more similiar to the xbox one...
    I loved the PS3 but hated the controller so dumped it for the 360..

aindriu80 wrote: »
    http://ie.playstation.com/meeting2013/ official stream 23:00 GMT

I read something about Battlefield 4 coming out at the end of this year, personally I would love to play it on next gen hardware

i personally couldnt give a rats ass about sequels or established ips, i want to see some new stuff ffs

What time does this start, GMT time?
    Thanks.

No interest in getting a PS4 at all, but its the whole build up and unvailing that is so exciting!!!! Cant wait to see what they have come up with.

11pm GMT. which is handy for us but imagine ones over there either stuck at work(3pm PST) or commuting(6pm EST)

The price drop could be a possibility, more than likely announced before the unveiling, maybe when going through the history of Playstation and units sold and all those things they like to do. It'll get a cheap pop and get the room in a positive mood before the big reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A price drop was announced in Japan on Monday starting the 28th. So I assume the same will happen in Europe and the states. Not sure on price, but I think roughly £140 was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Blazer wrote: »
    I just hope they change that crap outdated controller and have something more similiar to the xbox one...
    I loved the PS3 but hated the controller so dumped it for the 360..

Totally the same here, I do like the PS3, but that controller is just way too small and painfull to use after long periods of game play, for me anyway.

Sold my one on in 2009 and never looked back with the 360 controller, sure i missed out on a lot of PS ip's but rather enjoy playing games than being uncomfortable while playing.

The Xbox controller is the best 'updated' controller out there, just sits so right in the hands, thumb sticks are perfect too. Havent tried the WiiU's gamepad pro yet though.

Wouldnt' think Sony will stray too far from their dualshock though....

Again, anyone know what time this thing starts at? In work so cant check anywhere online, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    A price drop was announced in Japan on Monday starting the 28th. So I assume the same will happen in Europe and the states. Not sure on price, but I think roughly £140 was mentioned.

They clarified that that was Japan only, now they may make a new announcement but so far the Vita has not be said to be reduced in either the EU or US.
    Again, anyone know what time this thing starts at? In work so cant check anywhere online, thanks.

10pm Irish time, with the show starting at 11pm

Seriously someone asks and then the next 3 posts are people answering

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm excited to see what Sony has in store but I'm not going to fool myself. People complain about the lack of software for the 3DS and WiiU after launch, well that's the norm rather than the exception and the launch of the new consoles will be pretty barren. I'll probably get it at least a year after launch. Still I'm expecting Sony to surprise me more than MS.

One thing though, I do not want a $1 = 1 euro price!

although they could pull the last guardian or FF v xiii (although FF are of dubious quality these days) out of thin air as launch titles, heres me hoping anyway, if they did i would actually buy day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

11 IT STARTS AT 11pm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

srumball wrote: »
    11 IT STARTS AT 11pm!!!

What does?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm excited to see what Sony has in store but I'm not going to fool myself. People complain about the lack of software for the 3DS and WiiU after launch, well that's the norm rather than the exception and the launch of the new consoles will be pretty barren. I'll probably get it at least a year after launch. Still I'm expecting Sony to surprise me more than MS.

One thing though, I do not want a $1 = 1 euro price!

I bought the ps3 at launch and it was a huge mistake. Huge price tag, unreliable hardware, sloppy ports, very few exclusives...

I'm in no rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The guys and gals over at ign have a lovely drinking game for us to play

drinkinggamev3.jpg

:pac:

Too bad i dont drink :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What does?

Family guy on 3e!

Seriously though, every 2nd post is asking what time its on....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So this whole things starts at 22:00 yeah?

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=14433

Midnight I believe.

• Advertisement

must start at 11.30 for the lads in cork, their all a bit slower down there :pac:

Bet you we're all wrong and it doesn't start until about 11:07PM.

Should we create the PS4 Sucks thread now or wait until it's announced?

cad-20130220-07292.png

im pretty much a pc gamer only these days but i am hyped for this :D if it turns into some dance dance motion sensing bonanza i will give up on consoles for the rest of my life....dont drop the ball sony

tumblr_m5xrdjoeqG1r2acrxo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I bought the ps3 at launch and it was a huge mistake. Huge price tag, unreliable hardware, sloppy ports, very few exclusives...

I'm in no rush.

In fairness if there's one thing sony do very well its the exclusives.

God of war
    uncharted
    Heavy Rain
    Killzone
    Journey
    Resistance
    Infamous
    Little Big Planet
    Metal Gear Solid
    gran turismo

Edit: Didn't realise you meant at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think he was referring to the launch. Although I very much enjoyed resistance FOM at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There should really be an option to watch the announcement on the PS3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

4 hours 42 mins......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

4 hours 42 mins......

The golf has been postponed because of the weather in Arizona. That's going to add to my wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

There should really be an option to watch the announcement on the PS3.

It's being live streamed on PS home Cinema 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

What games would people like to be shown? I read that Ubisoft Montreal devs are going to be there so hopefully they show off some watchdogs. I would love if Rockstar showed off agent but I doubt that will happen. Im sure if they show games they will be first party, Uncharted 4, GT6 etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement