Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    I do not necessarily want to see it on the PS4, let them focus on a new Red Dead game or even try and get Agent out.

Yeap, would be awful if the online communities got split up so soon after these type of games are released on people's current gens. Sure it will take at least 2 years until the Next Gens will be fully up and running game wise so I shall be hanging onto my ps3 with Gusto!

I plan on getting Diablo 3 on ps4 purely so I can remote play it on my vita though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think they will bring GTA Online to the next gen because it looks made for it really. 16 player maximum in this gen is a bit of a killer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

There's a PS Vita thread one thread down, folks. Can we reserve this one for PS4 discussion? Cheers.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    I take it if my vita ever breaks that I still have the option to buy a new one with an OLED screen right? They are not only going to sell this new one?

Sorry I thought I did post in the vita forum

PS4 rocks!

Peace out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Who is everyone buying their PS4 off? i'm prebooked with Amazon when it was announced

jones wrote: »
    Who is everyone buying their PS4 off? i'm prebooked with Amazon when it was announced

Gamestop.ie 19th June :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jones wrote: »

PS4 pre-order thread.

Sorry didnt notice the other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

New Driveclub gameplay vid on new track.(HQ MP4 download @ bottom of the page)
    http://www.gamersyde.com/news_driveclub_dusk_racing_in_chile-14613_en.html

DC_Timelapse_Chile_Audi_R8_ProRes2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DriveClub GIF

tumblr_inline_mng1au8iMG1r5lhz2.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Are they taking the piss????? :eek:

Next gen me arse!....looks worse then GT6 :rolleyes:

New Driveclub gameplay vid on new track.(HQ MP4 download @ bottom of the page)
    http://www.gamersyde.com/news_driveclub_dusk_racing_in_chile-14613_en.html

DC_Timelapse_Chile_Audi_R8_ProRes2.gif

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

From the article...
    One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Otacon wrote: »
    From the article...

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play." (at the 5:43-minute-mark)

http://www.viddler.com/v/10738ac4?secre t=81714898

:rolleyes:

As PC gamers know....they are coding to a weakest system, they ADMIT that the PS4 touchpad and Kinect are a gimmick they wont program for because....why spend the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play." (at the 5:43-minute-mark)

http://www.viddler.com/v/10738ac4?secre t=81714898

:rolleyes:

As PC gamers know....they are coding to a weakest system, they ADMIT that the PS4 touchpad and Kinect are a gimmick they wont program for because....why spend the money?

I'd say Kinect has gone beyond a gimmick at this point, and we'll if the touchpad is used for anything interesting.

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say Kinect has gone beyond a gimmick at this point, and we'll if the touchpad is used for anything interesting.

My point was, as DEVELOPERS state....no matter if Kinect is sold with every xbox or not, developers are not going to spend extra money on programming features for it.

I said before game devs. will have access to metadata, they'll KNOW if Kinect features are being used on their games and by how many people.

If not enough people are using Kinect features then they are not going to spend extra man hours and money on adding those features to games in future.

Same as the DS4 touchpad......

Same as the DS4 touchpad......

In fairness I would have more faith in SONY First Part Devs to make good use out the DS4 touchpad compared to MS and Kinect!

Games like Heavy Rain and the Last of Us could integrate the touchpad well yet MS would be more inclined to pump out the shovelware on XB Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I genuinely don't think the DS4 touchpad is a gimmick.

I'm sure it'll have gimmicky things but it's perfect for scrolling around a map or selecting a weapon from an option wheel. Seems logical to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think the DS4 touchpad is a gimmick.

I'm sure it'll have gimmicky things but it's perfect for scrolling around a map or selecting a weapon from an option wheel. Seems logical to me anyway.

Same. Where's Kinect has gimmick written all over it, the touchpad is a very handy thing to have. Even map scrolling without going in to separate menu. General menu navigation etc.

I really got annoyed about article and "castrate" comment. If devs will really go this way, then they are the ones who need to be castrated. At very least they should give better frame rates if hardware is letting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 SwissRoll1982

Lads all this talk of xtra vision going tits up, they're not all going to fail so surely if u've got a console pre ordered in ur local store and it does happen to go wallop it will be honoured in another store. I've pre ordered a ps4 in the Athy outlet and not a bit bothered. the fella behind the counter even gave me a look at the books. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lads all this talk of xtra vision going tits up, they're not all going to fail so surely if u've got a console pre ordered in ur local store and it does happen to go wallop it will be honoured in another store. I've pre ordered a ps4 in the Athy outlet and not a bit bothered. the fella behind the counter even gave me a look at the books. :D

As long as it is not one of the stores in the process of closing down you should be fine, the remaining stores have been taken over by the same people who have HMV now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 SwissRoll1982

As long as it is not one of the stores in the process of closing down you should be fine, the remaining stores have been taken over by the same people who have HMV now.
    No luckily Athy isn't on the list of 20 stores to close although having said that, neither was the nearest one to me in Kildare town yet the shutters have been down on that store for about a month now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

driveclub looks fairly good for a new console. I will enjoy it but still have a few questions about how much off it is from maxing out the PS4.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    driveclub looks fairly good for a new console. I will enjoy it but still have a few questions about how much off it is from maxing out the PS4.

...that maxing out line will get quite blurry as time goes on, what with optimisation, developer progression etc...ya know, the same as with every console generation

aindriu80 wrote: »

I doubt it is anywhere close to maxing it out, you will not see games doing that for a few years yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Well I guess it depends on the game but BF4 specs on PC already surpass the PS4 and Xbone before they are even out.

I still haven't seen a PS4 game running at 1080p and 60fps in both single player and multiplayer. Early days yes but it will be nice to see what the PS4 can do.

Every console release is the same, you will not see that much of a difference in games at the start of a generation compared to the last generation, but as time goes on you will see more and more of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I doubt it is anywhere close to maxing it out, you will not see games doing that for a few years yet.

It is technically maxing out the ps4. Its all about optimization. They confirmed 1080p, and are working towards 60fps, but may have to settle with 30fps.

The first batch of rushed launch titles will be nothing like the highly optimized games in a couple years.

The first batch of games will be like filling a glass up with stones with lots of space wasted in the glass, the second batch like filling the glass with pebbles, and the 3rd batch like filling the glass with grains of sand, each time filling more of the space available in the glass, but always using the full glass.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81321425&postcount=422
    "ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

The above is an extreme example of the importance of optimization. At 100% power the xb1 ran the game in a terrible state with zero optimization.

"the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it." leading to the poor unoptimized performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

watching GTA 5 gameplay on youtube, looks amazing what they can do at the end of PS3 and 360

can't wait what PS4 and Xb1 gonna look like in 3-6 years .. Grand theft auto 6 (that is for sure going to be on PS4) is going to be unreal.

exactly sure look at the last of us aswell amazing graphics - imagine what they'll be doing with PS4 and XB1 in 2/3 years wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Bf4 on Ps4 = PS3 quality so. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement