Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The PS4 will be launching in Hong Kong and other Asian countries in December 2013
    The PlayStation 4 will launch in select South East Asian territories, including Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore, starting in December of this year, Sony announced during its TGS press conference today.

Select peripherals, including additional controllers, charging docks and the PlayStation 4's camera will also be sold separately in those regions at launch. No specific date beyond the month of December was announced.

Yet, Japan still has to wait until February... I know they have the Japanese market sown up but it seems odd that they have to wait so long to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Concentrating on the American/EU market i suppose?

jones wrote: »
    Concentrating on the American/EU market i suppose?

But even Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore are getting it before them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Otacon wrote: »
    But even Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore are getting it before them...

They may have needed more time to get japanese friendly launch titles ready. NA really is priority No 1 for Sony either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

jaffusmax wrote: »
    They may have needed more time to get japanese friendly launch titles ready. NA really is priority No 1 for Sony either way!

most games that japanese people love look pretty simple to me to it's just an excuse for focusing on US and EU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭UpTheLilies

Any of ye lads have any idea how long after launch day we will have to wait for that "2nd wave" of ps4s that xtra vision and gamestop talk about when ur pre ordering?

Any of ye lads have any idea how long after launch day we will have to wait for that "2nd wave" of ps4s that xtra vision and gamestop talk about when ur pre ordering?

I don't think you will have to wait too long.

Article
    The chief executive of PlayStation America has said his team is holding back PlayStation 4 inventory to ensure that stock will be replenished throughout the holiday season.

Following the news that more than one million people have pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 for launch day, Jack Tretton told Fox Business that the PlayStation business is "at an all-time high right now". But he insisted that Sony would be able to refill post-launch stock despite the huge demand from pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭UpTheLilies

I don't think you will have to wait too long.

Article
    Nice one. The girl in xtra vision said it will definately be 2nd wave but she couldn't say when that will be. I don't mind waiting (within reason) but if i got it before christmas I'd be delighted. Oh well the joys of leaving it too long to pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gamestop in Limerick today said GTA V is due on PS4 in march and is on their system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Gamestop in Limerick today said GTA V is due on PS4 in march and is on their system

I can't wait to see news 'Secret release date for GTA V on PS4 leaked from Gamestop Limerick' or maybe they gossip too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is there a price for the ireland out yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

E400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

bennyl10 wrote: »

http://www.psu.com/a021029/No-plans-for-GTA-V-on-PS4-says-Rockstar

Rockstar says not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

srumball wrote: »

A company denying something means about as much as a single retail store confirming it.

PS4 will support video capture of games over HDMI
    Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 4, will allow video capture of games over HDMI, the company announced during its Tokyo Game Show 2013 keynote today.

Brad Douglas, head of third-party relations for Sony Computer Entertainment, followed up the announcement on Twitter, saying "Details will follow soon." Douglas confirmed the news with Polygon today.

Good news for people who want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What do ye think folks? Will it be implemented successfully? Will it be a core part of the system or will it be just something that's forgotten like the PSP/PS3 remote play functionality?

Just curious as to your thoughts? Worth going out to buy an actual Vita? Are those with Vitas excited about the potential?

What do ye think folks? Will it be implemented successfully?

I read an article on Polygon about the remote play functionality on the Vita TV. The author said that the lag was minimal but he was a little disappointed that the textures sometimes got blurry. I hope that is just cos the software is early still.
    Will it be a core part of the system or will it be just something that's forgotten like the PSP/PS3 remote play functionality?

It is built into the PS4. Sony has mandated that developers need to ensure controls are mapped fully to the Vita for their games (unless it uses the camera) so it seems to be a core part.
    Worth going out to buy an actual Vita? Are those with Vitas excited about the potential?

Absolutely. The ability to smoothly play PS4 games while away from the house is probably a ways off due to broadband limitations but it is still exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I read an article on Polygon about the remote play functionality on the Vita TV. The author said that the lag was minimal but he was a little disappointed that the textures sometimes got blurry. I hope that is just cos the software is early still.

It is built into the PS4. Sony has mandated that developers need to ensure controls are mapped fully to the Vita for their games (unless it uses the camera) so it seems to be a core part.

Absolutely. The ability to smoothly play PS4 games while away from the house is probably a ways off due to broadband limitations but it is still exciting.

Yeah. I remember years ago. (Well, about 6 years ago or so) showing someone a movie playing on my PSP through their wifi streaming from an external drive attached to my own PS3 through my wifi at home. At the time it was like a decent enough Youtube movie. Couldn't play any games at the time though. Would be interesting to see what even thre playback quality would be like these days......

This applies to Ubi games until the end of January and for EA and activision until late March.

Price for the upgrade is £9.99/€9.99 (or £11.99/€14.99 for NBA 2K14).

Retail games will come with a code and digital games will just work, if you buy the retail then the PS3 version has to be in the PS4 to work but a PSN version will work as if you bought them both separately.

1. Sign into your Sony Entertainment Network account on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 or our online store via PC and visit PlayStation Store. If you do not have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can set one up via your PS3 or PS4, or by visiting eu.playstation.com/registration.

2. Select "Redeem Codes" and enter the 12 character voucher code.

3. You will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4 digital version of this game at a discounted price.

4. Visit PlayStation Store on your PS4 system or our online store via PC and purchase the game at the discounted price.

5. Before downloading, check that your PS3 disc is not inserted into your PS4 system as this may cause the game to malfunction.

6. Download and install the game on your PS4 system.

7. Insert the PS3 disc into the PS4 system in order to play the game.

UK official bundles
    Killzone + PS4 = £TBA
    Watch Dogs + PS4 = £TBA
    Extra controller + Camera + Console = £TBA

http://www.shopto.net/news/44124/Sony-to-offer-Three-Official-Bundles-for-PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Varik wrote: »
    This applies to Ubi games until the end of January and for EA and activision until late March.

Price for the upgrade is £9.99/€9.99 (or £11.99/€14.99 for NBA 2K14).

Retail games will come with a code and digital games will just work, if you buy the retail then the PS3 version has to be in the PS4 to work but a PSN version will work as if you bought them both separately.

If Fifa 14 coming with a code to upgrade to ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

If Fifa 14 coming with a code to upgrade to ps4?

No word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really hope they will not wait until launch to announce bundles and prices.

I agree like how would that work if someone i.e. me ordered the console from amazon would i be offered one of the bundles or is it tough you just bought the console prerelease?

I agree like how would that work if someone i.e. me ordered the console from amazon would i be offered one of the bundles or is it tough you just bought the console prerelease?

That is the big question, I email gamestop a while back and the don't have a clue!

I would expect that anyone who ordered the console would be offered the bundle?? that would make sense right right? (trying to convince myself here)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would expect that anyone who ordered the console would be offered the bundle?? that would make sense right right? (trying to convince myself here)

I reckon so, because the only thing you could do until they announced bundles was say "Can I book a PlayStation". I'd try get a move onto the list for them as soon as they're on the system though.

tumblr_mky786AhMN1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

me too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm expecting a phonecall/text from gamestop in early november offering various bundles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement