Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I am really starting to become obsessed with this. In 70 days I am gonna drop the guts of €500 (part paid already) and I don't even know exactly what I am buying. I want that killzone bundle. And I also want GTA V to be announced as a PS4 game that can be downloaded from launch.

Is that too much to ask for. Get your ducks in a row Sony/Rockstar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

According to the dudes at amazon

Spoke to customer service today and the official line from Amazon is: "If you have pre-ordered an Xbox One or Playstation 4 console, you will be able to take advantage of any bundle offers that become available before release. Simply add additional bundle products to your basket, and the promotion will be applied once your item is dispatched. However, please note that we are unable to confirm if Xbox One or PS4 bundle offers will be available before release."

So basically its a wait and see job for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Deedsie wrote: »
    I am really starting to become obsessed with this. In 70 days I am gonna drop the guts of €500 (part paid already) and I don't even know exactly what I am buying. I want that killzone bundle. And I also want GTA V to be announced as a PS4 game that can be downloaded from launch.

Is that too much to ask for. Get your ducks in a row Sony/Rockstar

I dont think rockstar will announce GTA as ps4 game yet as that would hurt its sales on ps3/360 but i'd be very surprised if it didn't arrive on the ps4/xbone at some point in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Taken from Neogaf,
    As it stands these are the PS4 exclusive and console exclusive games, it is possible that one or two of these games may end up on the Xbox One ( The Witness ), but it seems unlikely as none have been announced yet and Sony are publishing most of the games.

Exclusives

Basement Crawl
    Deep Down
    Diablo 3
    DriveClub
    Earth Force Defence
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    Infamous: Second Son
    Just Dance 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall
    Knack
    Lily Bergamo
    MLB 14: The Show
    N++
    The Order : 1886
    Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive
    Pool Nation Extreme
    Regogun
    Rime
    Shadow Of The Beast
    Switch Galaxy Ultra
    Velocity 2X
    Yakuza Ishin

Console Exclusives

Assault Android Cactus
    Awesomenauts
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Contrast
    Cosmic Star Heroine
    Daylight
    DayZ
    Diablo 3
    Divekick
    Doki-Doki Universe
    Don't Starve
    Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
    EverQuest Next
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    Final Horizon
    Flower
    Galak - Z : The Dimensional
    GlowTag
    Guilty Gear XRD
    Guns of Icarus Online
    Helldrivers
    H-Hour: Worlds Elite
    Hohokum
    Hotline Miami 2
    Mercenary Kings
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch
    Outlast
    Pavillion
    Primal Carnage : Genesis
    Project: Heart and Soul
    QuickDraw
    Road Not Taken
    Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
    Rogue Legacy
    Secret Ponchos
    Starbound
    Super Motherload
    Tiny Brains
    Transistor
    Wasteland Kings
    Witness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

For those of you who may have missed........"PlayStation 4 Upgrade Programme: How To Upgrade PS3 Games"

Here's the written version outlining most of the essential details(copy & paste job)

DISC ONLY:

Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or log in to PlayStation Network using your existing PlayStation Network ID account).
    Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3 system home screen.
    Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select ‘Redeem Codes’ at the bottom of the menu.
    Step 4: Enter the voucher code (“Code”) exactly as it appears on the voucher.
    Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select ‘Continue’ on the dialog box.
    Step 6: Select ‘Confirm’ to accept the Terms of Service.
    Step 7: Select ‘Continue’ to complete Code redemption.
    Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4 system, you can proceed with the next step.

TO DOWNLOAD PS4 VERSION OF GAME:

Step 1: On your PS4 system, register the PS4 system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
    Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system home screen.
    Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select ‘Purchase’ to download digital version of the same game to your PS4 system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
    Step 4: Insert the PS3 game disc into your PS4 system**.

**PS3 game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4 system.

See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

DIGITAL ONLY:

Step 1: Buy or pre-order the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
    Step 2: In PlayStationStore or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from the PlayStationStore.
    Step 3: Buy or pre-order the PS4 digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

bazzz wrote: »
    For those of you who may have missed........"PlayStation 4 Upgrade Programme: How To Upgrade PS3 Games"

Well done, answers a load of my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wish Ps3 version of diablo 3 would work with upgrade system. I am not going to buy ps3 version now with ps4 launcing in a bit more then 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I wish Ps3 version of diablo 3 would work with upgrade system. I am not going to buy ps3 version now with ps4 launcing in a bit more then 2 months.

SNAP! I am itching to get it but I really want to use my vita for it also on the PS4. Imagine playing it on that beautiful screen after the Mrs kicks you off the TV to watch some Rom Com crap!

Main priority now is picking up a bundle for my online gamestop PS4 order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

i don't know about bundles .. whats the point, they are going to sell millions of PS4 anyway, games - there is really small selection from begining to they are going to sell like crazy too ..

There could be bundle, I just don't see any reason for them to have bundles. Xbox one was falling behind PS4 so they had to come with extra value.

I'd be delighted if there was bundle but also don't expect huge saving compared to buying all individually.

But all my orders from Amazon have different delivery date (PS4 first day after release) so at least everything would come together in one box, that would make me very happy :) (I am going to cancel my preorder for games and buy them from gamestop to have them before PS4 arrives to my door if there is no bundle)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

This place went very quiet. I take it everyone is playing gta5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Aul Richard isn't stoking the coals anymore, but it's probably GTA, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

what's left to talk about I think everyone is just waiting patiently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Grayditch wrote: »
    Aul Richard isn't stoking the coals anymore, but it's probably GTA, alright.

What happened to Richard? Did he burn through his internet allowance posting on here?

Some footage of Watch Dogs on PS4. Some noticeable pop in lighting artefacts which is a worry considering the game should be close to gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

What happened to Richard? Did he burn through his internet allowance posting on here?

Some footage of Watch Dogs on PS4. Some noticeable pop in lighting artefacts which is a worry considering the game should be close to gold.

Richard got banned

I wouldnt mind artifacts at this stage game is close to gold but any demo builds are usually 1-2 months behind development

NTMK wrote: »
    Richard got banned

I wouldnt mind artifacts at this stage game is close to gold but any demo builds are usually 1-2 months behind development

He got banned? LOL, I wonder what was the last Straw for Mods. :D

Anyway, I am happy that I got PS4 fully payed off. I will start paying off controller next. Looks like I will go and Preorder Cod Ghost too. Now now lads, dont judge me! I am still getting BF4 for PC, its just I want something on ps4 with split screen for when my buddies come over. Cod looks like the easiest thing to pick up and pew pew.

Will there be a split screen for Killzone?

Possible good news for Next Gen buyers regarding Dark Souls 2

http://www.examiner.com/article/dark-souls-2-director-changes-stance-on-potential-ps4-and-xbox-one-ports?cid=rss

I would imagine GTAV will end up on PS4 too at some stage if they have an optimized PC version on standby!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Richard got banned

Sweet Jaysus! Richard... permabanned? But who's gonna tell me what console to buy or what CW shows have been axed now?

Can we all just take a moment here... To Richard, may you be productive with the new 22 hours a day of free time you now have.

He got banned? LOL, I wonder what was the last Straw for Mods. :D

Anyway, I am happy that I got PS4 fully payed off. I will start paying off controller next. Looks like I will go and Preorder Cod Ghost too. Now now lads, dont judge me! I am still getting BF4 for PC, its just I want something on ps4 with split screen for when my buddies come over. Cod looks like the easiest thing to pick up and pew pew.

Will there be a split screen for Killzone?

Im buying a PS4 for sports games and Console exclusive games PC for everthing else.

Its taking an unholy amount of willpower not to buy a PS3 for GTA V

Did any KZ have split screen as its very much a dying breed. Its a shame too as 4-player games were great fun. used to have a great time with 8-player halo 2 on the xbox with the split screen and lan options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there a bundle at launch or is 400 euro plus then 65quid for whatever game you want?

And what is the best place to get a preorder at this late stage can someone tell me?

I'll probably end up leaving it in to the new year as I have such a serious backlog of games built up but I'm tempted at the same time! :o

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Possible good news for Next Gen buyers regarding Dark Souls 2

http://www.examiner.com/article/dark-souls-2-director-changes-stance-on-potential-ps4-and-xbox-one-ports?cid=rss

I would imagine GTAV will end up on PS4 too at some stage if they have an optimized PC version on standby!

It will come out in may for PC and NGC's if my guess is correct.
    • Rockstar very rarely release more than one game in a finnacial year.
    • the NGCs will have a decent amount of users and there will be less competition from other games
    • GTA online will need a format going forward
    • Rockstar love money and double dipping taking advantage of the lack of BC on the new consoles is a cheap way to do it
    Darks souls 2 should be easy enough to port from PC but will probably come out after the PS3/360 versions (like the PC)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

micro transactions for gta online?.....scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

micro transactions for gta online?.....scandal!

What's that got to do with the PS4?

t
    [/LIST]Darks souls 2 should be easy enough to port from PC but will probably come out after the PS3/360 versions (like the PC)

Downside is a split online community unless there is cross gen server sharing or game hosting!

Im buying a PS4 for sports games and Console exclusive games PC for everthing else.

Its taking an unholy amount of willpower not to buy a PS3 for GTA V

Did any KZ have split screen as its very much a dying breed. Its a shame too as 4-player games were great fun. used to have a great time with 8-player halo 2 on the xbox with the split screen and lan options
    Split screen is where console strength lays. Local multiplayer in General. Even **** games like resident evil 5 can be fun on spit screen and a bottle of vodka. Though we gave up on re5 on last boss ( I am 100% sure) as it became a bull**** quick time event fest. The last part of game is just pretty Much. A chain of boss fights with QTE...
    I am looking forward to ps4 and local multiplayer now. This time I am not doing a mistake and getting second controller on launch :)

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Downside is a split online community unless there is cross gen server sharing or game hosting!

It wont happen as the XBL and (by the sounds of things) PSN netcode will be quite different from the current 360/ps3 netcode

It will be fine imo as proven by the amount of times ive been ****ed up by players on pc :pac:

Split screen is where console strength lays. Local multiplayer in General. Even **** games like resident evil 5 can be fun on spit screen and a bottle of vodka. Though we gave up on re5 on last boss ( I am 100% sure) as it became a bull**** quick time event fest. The last part of game is just pretty Much. A chain of boss fights with QTE...
    I am looking forward to ps4 and local multiplayer now. This time I am not doing a mistake and getting second controller on launch :)

The controllers nearly cost as much as the console now

we went though 5 360 controllers in my first few months of uni with COD4 and PES/fifa and 2 PS2 on a micro machines rip off

Screen Peaking was an unforgivable crime and often resulted in people being thrown out of the house for 20-30 mins (im being serious btw:pac:)

The controllers nearly cost as much as the console now

we went though 5 360 controllers in my first few months of uni with COD4 and PES/fifa and 2 PS2 on a micro machines rip off

Screen Peaking was an unforgivable crime and often resulted in people being thrown out of the house for 20-30 mins (im being serious btw:pac:)

The ps3 controller price is quite dumb at this stage. 60eu... The cheapest I can find was 40eu on gamesnash. The ps4 controller is 65eu...

The ps3 controller price is quite dumb at this stage. 60eu... The cheapest I can find was 40eu on gamesnash. The ps4 controller is 65eu...

wasnt it 70 at launch? the 360 controllers were around 55 iirc which makes me realise how much money i spent at launch, console 410 + 2 games at 70 each (PDZ was the biggest waste of money) + a controller at 55 = €605 jesus thats alot of bog work thinking about it know:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Its probably been asked already and Im sorry if it has, But is there going to be some sort of deal say if you buy FIFA 14 or NHL 14 on the PS3 and then you get the PS4 and want to upgrade these two PS3 Games to PS4 games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Its probably been asked already and Im sorry if it has, But is there going to be some sort of deal say if you buy FIFA 14 or NHL 14 on the PS3 and then you get the PS4 and want to upgrade these two PS3 Games to PS4 games?

Xtravision are doing it, €15 to trade up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement