Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Soy are doing it officially too.. See the last page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Its probably been asked already and Im sorry if it has, But is there going to be some sort of deal say if you buy FIFA 14 or NHL 14 on the PS3 and then you get the PS4 and want to upgrade these two PS3 Games to PS4 games?

Yes it's already been talked about on a previous page and yes you can upgrade
    to Fifa 14 on the PS4 if you've bought it for the PS3.....Link Here
    bazzz wrote: »
    For those of you who may have missed........"PlayStation 4 Upgrade Programme: How To Upgrade PS3 Games"

Here's the written version outlining most of the essential details(copy & paste job)

DISC ONLY:

Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or log in to PlayStation Network using your existing PlayStation Network ID account).
    Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3 system home screen.
    Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select ‘Redeem Codes’ at the bottom of the menu.
    Step 4: Enter the voucher code (“Code”) exactly as it appears on the voucher.
    Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select ‘Continue’ on the dialog box.
    Step 6: Select ‘Confirm’ to accept the Terms of Service.
    Step 7: Select ‘Continue’ to complete Code redemption.
    Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4 system, you can proceed with the next step.

TO DOWNLOAD PS4 VERSION OF GAME:

Step 1: On your PS4 system, register the PS4 system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
    Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system home screen.
    Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select ‘Purchase’ to download digital version of the same game to your PS4 system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
    Step 4: Insert the PS3 game disc into your PS4 system**.

**PS3 game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4 system.

See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

DIGITAL ONLY:

Step 1: Buy or pre-order the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
    Step 2: In PlayStationStore or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from the PlayStationStore.
    Step 3: Buy or pre-order the PS4 digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanx folks. Appreciate that,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

If I preordered the ps4 with gamestop will I be offered a bundle?? and I assume it will come with a controller yea??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If I preordered the ps4 with gamestop will I be offered a bundle?? and I assume it will come with a controller yea??

Not at the moment.
    We're expecting bundles to be announced around mid november.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I think it would be better to ask Gamestop than here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

bazzz wrote: »
    Yes it's already been talked about on a previous page and yes you can upgrade
    to Fifa 14 on the PS4 if you've bought it for the PS3.....Link Here

Any idea how big the download will be for PS4? Like will it be considerably bigger than for the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not at the moment.
    We're expecting bundles to be announced around mid november.

Surely the bundles will have to be announced well in advance of the North American launch on November 15th I would be hoping the middle of October at the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any idea how big the download will be for PS4? Like will it be considerably bigger than for the PS3?

No one knows yet how big the downloads will be but there will be a difference. The PS4 version will likely have higher fidelity texture packs and sound files which take up a good chuck of the space in a game.

Otacon wrote: »
    No one knows yet how big the downloads will be but there will be a difference. The PS4 version will likely have higher fidelity texture packs and sound files which take up a good chuck of the space in a game.

Ta, that's what I thought.
    My 3mb eircom connection is going to working overtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well Uncharted 3, which is one of the best looking PS3 games, was a 43.5 Gig download and it needed another 45 Gig of free space to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A quick look at the editing tool for sharing videos

BU_jHncCMAAmQGT.png

I wonder how granular the editing functions are. Will you be able to record voice-over for it? Or add tags or captions to certain things?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Well Uncharted 3, which is one of the best looking PS3 games, was a 43.5 Gig download and it needed another 45 Gig of free space to install.

And 90% of that was uncompressed audio, which may or may not be in many games next gen; since digital is becoming important for them they may not do it as much this time around.

Varik wrote: »
    And 90% of that was uncompressed audio, which may or may not be in many games next gen; since digital is becoming important for them they may not do it as much this time around.

You would hope not, it would be a nightmare downloading that with the average 8MB connections most people have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

You would hope not, it would be a nightmare downloading that with the average 8MB connections most people have here.

Should be getting efibre in next week 50mb!!!! I have been badgering eircom for a month now and want it in before my PS4 comes :cool:

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Should be getting efibre in next week 50mb!!!! I have been badgering eircom for a month now and want it in before my PS4 comes :cool:

Would still take you about 5-7 hours on a good day to download 45 Gig depending on how far you are from the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Would still take you about 5-7 hours on a good day to download 45 Gig depending on how far you are from the cabinet.

400-500M

Much better than my capped 5mb! Took me 18hrs to download TLOU! but saying that knowing eircom I could end up with less once they are finished installing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

PS4 ordered from amazon... just came across this thread....I wonder how long a full game download will take on my 0.7MB Eircom 'broadband' connection.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Moreilly wrote: »
    PS4 ordered from amazon... just came across this thread....I wonder how long a full game download will take on my 0.7MB Eircom 'broadband' connection.... :(

40GB - around 100-150 hours .. few days anyway, you are better to buy disc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

If I order off Amazon now when would you reckon I'd get a PS4?

Do you have to pay the full amount up front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Huntelaar wrote: »
    If I order off Amazon now when would you reckon I'd get a PS4?

Do you have to pay the full amount up front?
    i say maybe Christmas could be after or January 2014 and you only pay when it despatch to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

jaffusmax wrote: »

Got mine in last week, its a beast.

2991944311.png

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

mdwexford wrote: »
    Got mine in last week, its a beast.

2991944311.png

Lucky bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

I have a question and was hoping to see what you guys think.
    With the PS4 having 2 free to play fps games coming is it really worth splashing cash just to get my fps fix, when I could spend that on watch dogs or whatever else and get my fix from the free to play fps. I know Blacklight retribution and planetside 2 are not going to be as big as cod or battlefield in terms of numbers or quality, But does that in itself warrant a purchase.

I use to play cod alot but got bored of it over the last two years but still have the itch to play an fps. so I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the free to play and AAA title to decide what to go with. plus I don't want ultra fans hyping up thier favourite game hence why I asked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

I have a question and was hoping to see what you guys think.
    With the PS4 having 2 free to play fps games coming is it really worth splashing cash just to get my fps fix, when I could spend that on watch dogs or whatever else and get my fix from the free to play fps. I know Blacklight retribution and planetside 2 are not going to be as big as cod or battlefield in terms of numbers or quality, But does that in itself warrant a purchase.

I use to play cod alot but got bored of it over the last two years but still have the itch to play an fps. so I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the free to play and AAA title to decide what to go with. plus I don't want ultra fans hyping up thier favourite game hence why I asked here.

I can only speak for Black Light (only one I have played) and I must say, its a decent game. I find the movement a bit awkward on the current PC version, but I'm guessing the DS4 on PS4 will make a huge difference to the game play style.

I'd recommend you give the Free to Play FPS a try first, and if you feel you aren't getting the "Fix" you wanted, purchase BF4 or COD depending on your personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Incoming Bundle alert...Link

Be very interesting to see what the other bundled games will be. I wont be pre-ordering but will more than likely be picking up one the far side of Christmas. Good news for those that pre-Ordered though.

"The company has told UK retailers to alert those who have pre-ordered PS4 that they now have the option to upgrade to one of these."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Great news i was thinking of getting killzone anyway so this bundle is a no brainer for me! hopefully amazon get it before release date and offer it to preorder customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

jones wrote: »
    Great news i was thinking of getting killzone anyway so this bundle is a no brainer for me! hopefully amazon get it before release date and offer it to preorder customers

I must pop into smyths over the weekend and see if they have the bundle on their system, im 8th on the list so I should defo get a KZ bundle.

I have KZ pre booked in gamestop with a fiver deposit down I wonder would they allow me to change that pre booking to a different game? prob watchdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I know most will know but for the few who don't: Download speeds are measured in bits (lowercase b) per second whereas file sizes are measured in Bytes (UPPERCASE B).

1 Byte=8 bits

• Advertisement

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Incoming Bundle alert...Link

Be very interesting to see what the other bundled games will be. I wont be pre-ordering but will more than likely be picking up one the far side of Christmas. Good news for those that pre-Ordered though.

"The company has told UK retailers to alert those who have pre-ordered PS4 that they now have the option to upgrade to one of these."

Nice one. Would be great if the announced a Fifa or Assassin's Creed bundle also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement