Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ha. Sweet. I ordered mine the 14th of June. I never pre-order anything, normally.

Guess who was up late watching E3 online...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Ha. Sweet. I ordered mine the 14th of June. I never pre-order anything, normally.

f5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Guess who was up late watching E3 online...... :)

It's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's true.

I feckin' know it's true 'cos so was I.

A mate and meself watched Xbox presentation online on the tele (720p, thank you UPC) and were pretty impressed. I wasn't working the following day so I thought I'd wait up to watch PS one. Think it was on about 2AM or so? Can't remember. Said to me mate, ah sher it'll be just the same as the xbox one anyway. Same DRM, same games, same price etc. Nothing new really so it'll be hard to choose between them...... and then the last few mins happened. My 360 was boxed up (Have a PS3 as well) and straight down to gamestop first thing in the morning

Ha, I hope we end up with one now. I think we've significantly improved our chances anyway. Fingers crossed the first batch ain't duds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If I was to preorder now where is the best place to do so?

Is there any chance I would have one this year, or this side of X-mas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Deedsie wrote: »
    From

@GameStopIreland: @quinyrox People who have it preordered before 20th July will. More information to follow on this.

Well, that works out fine for me. Pre-ordered back in late March. Might pop in after work or tomorrow some time, and see what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

wes wrote: »
    Well, that works out fine for me. Pre-ordered back in late March. Might pop in after work or tomorrow some time, and see what is going on.

I had planned to do the same but the more information to follow comment suggests to me it will take more than two days to release anything concrete on upgrading to a bundle. Hopefully I am wrong and I can do it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

any news from smyths on bundles and if we can upgrade pre orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Deedsie wrote: »
    I had planned to do the same but the more information to follow comment suggests to me it will take more than two days to release anything concrete on upgrading to a bundle. Hopefully I am wrong and I can do it tomorrow.

Yeah, sounds that way, but sure its on my way home from work, so its not really to far out of my way, and tomorrow, I will be in the vicinity of Gamestop in anyways as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

any news from smyths on bundles and if we can upgrade pre orders?

Was in at smyths claremorris topping up my savings card for the ps4,
    they have no updates on what bundles will be available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Preordered mine back in june, I really want that killzone bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Ya perordered mine in june also no.3 on the list,
    The killzone bundle looks like a great deal,
    We will no more next week :)

http://www.videogamer.com/news/game_to_offer_new_ps4_bundles_to_phase_1_pre-order_customers_only.html

'Original story: GAME will be stocking PS4 bundles for Phase 1 pre-order customers only, the retailer has revealed.

Full bundle details will be announced later today.

Customers will not need to do anything to their pre-order, with GAME promising to contact them soon in order to explain how they can change their order to take advantage of the deals.

The retailer adds: "At this time the offers will only be available to Phase 1 customers. Please ensure that you are able to receive emails from GAME and that our emails do not get caught by email junk and Spam filters."'

Expect further details later today.

Also this email floating about online

"Thanks for preordering your PlayStation 4 from GAME. Your preorder is totally secure and your place in the queue for one of the biggest ever gaming launches is reserved!

We are happy to confirm that your console preorder is guaranteed for launch so will be ready to collect on 29th November 2013. We are currently working closely with Sony to confirm what bundles will be available and will be in touch next week with any additional options that are available to you. A member of staff from your local GAME store will give you a call to discuss your options as long
    as we have a phone number for you. There is nothing you need to do at this stage, we will let you know next week if we need you to do anything."

Here is how Game are handling bundles should be same elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I hope amazon does same, mines on 13 June.

I've no interest in killone, but it is still good value, as I am getting camera and DS4, and that alone is more expensive than bundle. I could sell killzone on ebay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

198321 wrote: »
    I hope amazon does same, mines on 13 June.

I've no interest in killone, but it is still good value, as I am getting camera and DS4, and that alone is more expensive than bundle. I could sell killzone on ebay :)
    I'm getting mega killzone bundle xtravision call me today ask me if I want it I said yes please I no interest in camera but I sell that to someone for cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

rob808 wrote: »
    I'm getting mega killzone bundle xtravision call me today ask me if I want it I said yes please I no interest in camera but I sell that to someone for cheap.

ill take the camera :D I have it ordered from amazon for £46.11, but not sure it's worth the 5 minutes I am going to use it ..

198321 wrote: »
    ill take the camera :D I have it ordered from amazon for £46.11, but not sure it's worth the 5 minutes I am going to use it ..
    I give to you for 30 euro if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

rob808 wrote: »

Are you Chinese by any chance ;)

Xenji wrote: »
    Are you Chinese by any chance ;)
    No Irish i wouldnt rip anyone one off I'm not GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone know how xtravision will handle the bundle? do i have to contact them? i dont even want killzone but its an amazing bundle..id just swap killzone for a different game with a friend/adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Anyone hear anything from gamestop about the ps4 bundle, I've preorder a PS4 ,KZ and BF4, Would I get prority?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jaffusmax wrote: »
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/game_to_offer_new_ps4_bundles_to_phase_1_pre-order_customers_only.html

'Original story: GAME will be stocking PS4 bundles for Phase 1 pre-order customers only, the retailer has revealed.

Full bundle details will be announced later today.

Customers will not need to do anything to their pre-order, with GAME promising to contact them soon in order to explain how they can change their order to take advantage of the deals.

The retailer adds: "At this time the offers will only be available to Phase 1 customers. Please ensure that you are able to receive emails from GAME and that our emails do not get caught by email junk and Spam filters."'

Expect further details later today.

Also this email floating about online

"Thanks for preordering your PlayStation 4 from GAME. Your preorder is totally secure and your place in the queue for one of the biggest ever gaming launches is reserved!

We are happy to confirm that your console preorder is guaranteed for launch so will be ready to collect on 29th November 2013. We are currently working closely with Sony to confirm what bundles will be available and will be in touch next week with any additional options that are available to you. A member of staff from your local GAME store will give you a call to discuss your options as long
    as we have a phone number for you. There is nothing you need to do at this stage, we will let you know next week if we need you to do anything."

Here is how Game are handling bundles should be same elsewhere!

Got that e-mail myself today. Picked the KZ, camera and extra DS4 bundle.

Otacon wrote: »
    Got that e-mail myself today. Picked the KZ, camera and extra DS4 bundle.

I am still waiting to hear back from gamestop.ie about my pre order and getting a bundle.

Great you got an email so soon. customer service is lightyears ahead over in the UK. It's like pulling teeth trying to get an answer out of customer service here and they always act inconvenienced when you ask them too! :rolleyes:

I did find this scrap of info on the gamestop facebook page it says early pre orders will get a chance to upgrade, how early is yet to be seen!

XXXXXX
    Will you be selling the CONFIRMED bundle of PS4,Killzone Shadowfall,2 DS4's and the camera?
    Like · · 26 September at 16:59
    3 people like this.

XXXXXHopefully they are!! http://blog.eu.playstation.com/.../...
    Like · Reply · 1 · 26 September at 17:41

XXXXXl if I would change from my normal pre order to this one would I still get it day one?
    Like · 26 September at 17:42

GameStop Ireland Yes when we reveal our plans for this it will be the early preorder people who will benefit from this.
    Like · 1 · 23 hours ago

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I am still waiting to hear back from gamestop.ie about my pre order and getting a bundle.

Great you got an email so soon. customer service is lightyears ahead over in the UK. It's like pulling teeth trying to get an answer out of customer service here and they always act inconvenienced when you ask them too! :rolleyes:

I did find this scrap of info on the gamestop facebook page it says early pre orders will get a chance to upgrade, how early is yet to be seen!

XXXXXX
    Will you be selling the CONFIRMED bundle of PS4,Killzone Shadowfall,2 DS4's and the camera?
    Like · · 26 September at 16:59
    3 people like this.

XXXXXHopefully they are!! http://blog.eu.playstation.com/.../...
    Like · Reply · 1 · 26 September at 17:41

XXXXXl if I would change from my normal pre order to this one would I still get it day one?
    Like · 26 September at 17:42

GameStop Ireland Yes when we reveal our plans for this it will be the early preorder people who will benefit from this.
    Like · 1 · 23 hours ago
    Well that suck I preorder in xtravision and they allow me prebook the mega killzone bundle I preorder in June.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will netflixs be a day 1 app for ps4 in Europe does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ordered direct from Sony, doubt they'll be doing bundles!!

Will netflixs be a day 1 app for ps4 in Europe does anyone know?

Good question, I hope it's at least out before Christmas, I've promised the PS3 to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Good question, I hope it's at least out before Christmas, I've promised the PS3 to a friend.

dam good friend!

• Advertisement

Not for keepsies, just to play GTA, haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement