Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Grayditch wrote: »
    Not for keepsies, just to play GTA, haha.

TheITCrowdRoryOhStopIt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I just paid off my mega killzone bundle 499 in xtravision if you we're to buy the camera €60 and controller €60 and killzone SF €65 so €185 it be €585 very good value from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭siblers

rob808 wrote: »
    I just paid off my mega killzone bundle 499 in xtravision if you we're to buy the camera €60 and controller €60 and killzone SF €65 so €185 it be €585 very good value from Sony.

How many people actually want a camera though? Id rather they have a bundle with a game and controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

siblers wrote: »
    How many people actually want a camera though? Id rather they have a bundle with a game and controller.

They do..

Well you can just get killzone and ps4 for €439 very good it be 465 buying it on it own.Im mainly buying killzone mega bundle for KZ and controller I give the camera a try see what it like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How many people actually want a camera though?

Not many, most people would see it as a gimmick.
    But that bundle for that price is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not many, most people would see it as a gimmick

Agreed not even slightly interested in a camera, money better spent on a game imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

cadete wrote: »
    Agreed not even slightly interested in a camera, money better spent on a game imo

Totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Me too, it should have decent trade in value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

miralize wrote: »
    They do..

I think he means 2 controllers and the game with no camera, the other bundle is just the game and 1 controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I think they are just trying to sell as many cameras as possible ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Me too, it should have decent trade in value though.

It's a €60 difference between the 2 bundles so that the price of a DS4, meaning that anything you get for the camera will make the whole lot cheaper than buying a second controller separately.

But the trade in value of the camera will be next to nothing, anyone who wants among the early adopters will have gotten it and there likely to be a surplus of them from others like you, I'd say you'd be lucky to get €20 for it. Not many looking for it and a more trying to sell it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Still absolutely wrecked after three full days at the Eurogamer Expo. My feet are the size of Sideshow Bob's.

Anyway, the very first thing I played was DriveClub, for two reasons - firstly, I wanted to use the DS4 and secondly, I wanted to play a game I would definitely be getting (in this case, through PS+).

The controller is absolutely fantastic. The first major update is the triggers - they are as good as others have said. The lip means that you can rest your index fingers on them and they don't slip off. The also feel better, heavier I think is a good word to describe it - you know how much pressure you need to put on them to get exactly what you need, which is good fun things like the brakes on a car. The analogue sticks are perfect too. I assumed they were concave when I saw them initially but they are actually the same as before expect this time they have a lip around them so your thumbs can rest in them. It is also impossible for your thumbs to touch off of each other when using it as the pad is slightly wider than the DS3.

My only worry is the touchpad. It feels good and the clicking could be useful, but it seems a little out of the way to be used regularly. We will have to see on that. I also couldn't test the speaker or earphone jack.

I played Killzone SF (it feels different but good IMO), Knack (easy but nice enough looking), Resogun (it looks and plays phenomenally well) and Octodad (as I mentioned elsewhere, the only other game besides Titanfall that I left with a smile on my face). I also played Hohokum (beautiful - I have no idea if I achieved anything in it but I didn't care), the Play Room (a good tech demo but nothing more IMO) and Need for Speed Rivals (fun but I preferred the driving in DriveClub).

The console really does look good up close and it's amazing what they got into such a small package.

Otacon wrote: »
    Still absolutely wrecked after three full days at the Eurogamer Expo. My feet are the size of Sideshow Bob's.

Anyway, the very first thing I played was DriveClub, for two reasons - firstly, I wanted to use the DS4 and secondly, I wanted to play a game I would definitely be getting (in this case, through PS+).

The controller is absolutely fantastic. The first major update is the triggers - they are as good as others have said. The lip means that you can rest your index fingers on them and they don't slip off. The also feel better, heavier I think is a good word to describe it - you know how much pressure you need to put on them to get exactly what you need, which is good fun things like the brakes on a car. The analogue sticks are perfect too. I assumed they were concave when I saw them initially but they are actually the same as before expect this time they have a lip around them so your thumbs can rest in them. It is also impossible for your thumbs to touch off of each other when using it as the pad is slightly wider than the DS3.

My only worry is the touchpad. It feels good and the clicking could be useful, but it seems a little out of the way to be used regularly. We will have to see on that. I also couldn't test the speaker or earphone jack.

I played Killzone SF (it feels different but good IMO), Knack (easy but nice enough looking), Resogun (it looks and plays phenomenally well) and Octodad (as I mentioned elsewhere, the only other game besides Titanfall that I left with a smile on my face). I also played Hohokum (beautiful - I have no idea if I achieved anything in it but I didn't care), the Play Room (a good tech demo but nothing more IMO) and Need for Speed Rivals (fun but I preferred the driving in DriveClub).

The console really does look good up close and it's amazing what they got into such a small package.

:)

How do you think the DS4 will perform on FPS games, for me it will be nice using L2 R2 again for shooters by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jaffusmax wrote: »
    :)

How do you think the DS4 will perform on FPS games, for me it will be nice using L2 R2 again for shooters by the sounds of it!

I mentioned in the Xbox forum that I played BF4 and COD with the XBO controller and I didn't like the sticks as they were very loose and hard to make minor adjustments as there was too little resistance.

The DS4 sticks were good though. Shallower than before the ability to adjust in smaller increments means it's easier for shooting. I would need to compare it to BF and COD before I could say for definite, but based on KZ, I preferred the sticks there.

Actually, Titanfall was using a PC build with 360 controllers and it just emphasised what they did wrong with the XBO controller really.

As above, the shoulder buttons are perfect IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2 more months :(. Sucks...

I can't believe how much play time I am getting from ps3 lately. It got only 2 months and I am playing it more then I ever did since I got it.

2 more months :(. Sucks...

I can't believe how much play time I am getting from ps3 lately. It got only 2 months and I am playing it more then I ever did since I got it.
    We'll there the new batman coming out no point in getting cod ghost or Bf4 since there on next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

rob808 wrote: »
    We'll there the new batman coming out no point in getting cod ghost or Bf4 since there on next gen

could buy for ps3 and upgrade for small fee to ps4 version, saved games dont carry over though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yahoo News reports that the poll was conducted last week – between Sept 23-27 and some 1,297 people were surveyed. 26 per cent of those consulted said they would buy a PS4 at or after launch, while 15 per cent preferred the Xbox One.

The gap is said to widen when sampling the 408 people polled under the age of 40, with 41 per cent favouring PS4, and 27 per cent looking to buy an Xbox One.

Off the bat, I’m wondering why most of the people polled were over the age of 40, seeing as the target demographic is currently hitting heights of 35, but that’s by-the-by.

Of the 1,297 respondent people polled, only 3 per cent said they played games on Wii U. 20 percent on Xbox 360, 18 per cent on PS3 and 20 per cent on home computers.

PS4 releases November 15 and 29 in the US and EU respectively, while Xbox One drops November 22 in both regions.

What do you make of the stats above?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/30/ps4-more-popular-among-consumers-than-xbox-one-according-to-reuters-poll/

A very good article with Fergal Gara ( The Head of Sony U.K ) covering about everything the PS4 has to offer and how they think they will fair in the console war.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-28-sony-on-ps4-the-format-war-is-a-marathon-not-a-sprint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

probably been asked loads of times already but will the PS4 play the playstation 3 downloads from Playstation plus?? thanks.

probably been asked loads of times already but will the PS4 play the playstation 3 downloads from Playstation plus?? thanks.

They will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Xenji wrote: »
    They will not work.

thanks for that, was starting to think I'd missed out on the ps3 downloads.
    I know I wont own a ps3 as I have the 360. I would have downloaded them if I thought they'd work on the ps4 though but no such luck.

At least I know.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

For anyone who has preordered in Smiths,

I was in there today at lunch time they do not know what bundles they will be getting. The lad in there thinks that will know around a week before launch which is a bit crazy. He told me to keep checking their website as they might put the details of the bundles up there.

number 12 on the preorder list. Brings me back to my childhood soccer days. How some things never change.

padair wrote: »

I was in there today at lunch time they do not know what bundles they will be getting. The lad in there thinks that will know around a week before launch which is a bit crazy. He told me to keep checking their website as they might put the details of the bundles up there.

number 12 on the preorder list. Brings me back to my childhood soccer days. How some things never change.

Email their HQ that sounds like BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

padair wrote: »

Sounds like a lazy, non-gamer employee. Only Know which bundles a week before launch?? No wonder some businesses struggle!

I just hope they know exactly how many bundles they will get and not over sell them, imagine going into the store on launch day and being told they did not get as many in as expected and then getting nothing at all after upgrading to a bundle and being taken off of the regular list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

http://kotaku.com/just-one-ps4-launch-game-could-be-a-whopping-50-gigabyt-1427454511
    .....Maybe in ten years this won't seem like such a big deal, but today it's almost hard to believe—PS4 shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall will be close to a 50 GB download, according to a Sony exec......

Now, even using the fastest BB packages it would take hours (For most, days) to pull something like that down......

http://kotaku.com/just-one-ps4-launch-game-could-be-a-whopping-50-gigabyt-1427454511

Now, even using the fastest BB packages it would take hours (For most, days) to pull something like that down......

Its not hard to believe, Uncharted 3 was 45 gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Xenji wrote: »
    Its not hard to believe, Uncharted 3 was 45 gigs.

Can you imagine the next Kojima, cut-scene-heavy game running at full-fat 1080p? That'll fill yer HDD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement