Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I preordered both the PS4 and Xbox One back in August. Up until yesterday, I was set on picking up a Day One Edition Xbox One (guaranteed) and was going to give away my PS4 preorder ( I couldn't justify buying two consoles in and around the same time and was not in the first batch of PS4's). My plan was to pick up a PS4 in Jan/Feb but after spending hours scouring the web last night reading articles, opinions, tech specs and analysis, I'm ditching the Xbox One (God, imagine if I posted this in the Xbox forum :confused:).

There just seems to be too much conspiracy, u-turns, Microsoft spin etc at the last minute. Taking an unbiased look at the whole situation, it really appears that Microsoft have been caught with their pants down and they're trying frantically to turn it all around. With each new day, there's a new article from Microsoft Devs - unlocking more gpu power, policy change, 10% this, 10% that. I'm not a fanboy. Far from it. I just like games no matter what system they're on but all of this Microsoft spouting recently has left me with zero confidence with their next gen vision. I may be wrong here but it really does look like the One was primarily built for all-round living room entertainment with gaming as an afterthought add-on accessory. Recent articles and press releases from the Microsoft camp seem to justify this thought. I've no doubt the games will look and play really well but I just can't bring myself to invest in a company that was so quick to ditch it's gaming routes back in May, only to come crawling back after the extreme backlash they received.

Rant over. So in summary, hello PS4 Band Of Brothers. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. May I slip back in amongst your ranks? I can make waffles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

No, you can go a fu........ waffles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

shuffles03 wrote: »
    . May I slip back in amongst your ranks? I can make waffles?

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2724.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I know it's nothing surprising but confirmation now that Naughty Dog are working on something, Dominic Monaghan is in it, and Sony Santa Monica possibly on two games, they've had job ads up. So there's some AAA games coming down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

danthefan wrote: »
    I know it's nothing surprising but confirmation now that Naughty Dog are working on something, Dominic Monaghan is in it, and Sony Santa Monica possibly on two games, they've had job ads up. So there's some AAA games coming down the line.

I wonder will we get a teaser at this year's VGA awards, where traditionally ND do their thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »
    So Fifa Ultimate team will be good to continue?

Yeah it will transfer over.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Otacon wrote: »
    I wonder will we get a teaser at this year's VGA awards, where traditionally ND do their thing.

They did buy 120 PS4 devkits at $20,000 each so it better be a new IP or Uncharted 4

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/16/uncharted-developer-takes-possession-of-120-ps4-dev-kits/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Klair88 wrote: »
    They did buy 120 PS4 devkits at $20,000 each so it better be a new IP or Uncharted 4

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/16/uncharted-developer-takes-possession-of-120-ps4-dev-kits/

As a first party developer, I doubt they had to pay for them...

Yeah, you're probably right. I just seen that quoted there. No doubt its all good anyway. My two favourite Developers are still to announce what they're up to on PS4! Hopefully its Uncharted 4 and God of War 4!

Can I move the €20 deposit on an Xbox One over to my existing PS4 deposit? Both were preordered in Smyths - different branches though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'd say E3 2014 will have very early teasers (Prob only a logo) for next Uncharted (be it a prequel/sequel/Sully-centric/whatever. Three seemed to wrap up a lot) and the next Mass Effect. Can't see anything actually appearing until 2015 at earliest though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

For account purposes they probably did (no money went anywhere), they took possession of 120 assets worth $20k each, and it's not like the things are free for Sony to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jaffusmax wrote: »
    gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2724.gif

thank you for that burst of laughter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Xenji wrote: »
    The majority of them are, only a handful of stores are not using lists and it will be a free for all in those stores on launch day, nobody will be guaranteed a console unless they camp out the night before in those stores.

I agree totally, i preordered in june and was in yesterday and the guy said any ps4 ordered before august will be fine(not so sure)

Luckily im also number 3 in smyths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

PS4 dev kits are only 2500$ now, and Sony are pretty much lending them to anyone who asks for one for free.

PS4 dev kits are only 2500$ now, and Sony are pretty much lending them to anyone who asks for one for free.

You got a contact number? I wouldn't mind one of them!

More information about the PS4 mobile app, we already knew that you can buy and download games on your PS4 remotely from your phone, but now you can also use it as a second screen to watch live gaming and recorded gaming.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/04/ps4-mobile-app-detailed-functionality-available-to-all-developers/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's gonna feel like years waiting for November 29th :(

I remember thinking the same when the GTA5 date was announced. Look how quickly that came :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm getting one at launch but putting it up for Christmas. Fair enough my hand is being forced by she who must be obeyed but it'll make Christmas morning all the sweeter this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

contacted xtravision and they confirmed im on 1st wave of orders and i can upgrade to a bundle when they announce them in early november... :D!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

The amount of release waves that are prebooked in the UK is crazy. The game nearest me is up to its 5th wave of preorders and arent expecting the console to be able to be bought off the shelf before end of feb next year:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

NTMK wrote: »
    The amount of release waves that are prebooked in the UK is crazy. The game nearest me is up to its 5th wave of preorders and arent expecting the console to be able to be bought off the shelf before end of feb next year:eek:

That is just scaremongering by them imo.

There is no way it will be then before they are freely available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

mdwexford wrote: »
    That is just scaremongering by them imo.

There is no way it will be then before they are freely available.

You're probably right, but what I'd say the shop is reporting is the amount of stock they know they'll have, and not stock that they may get. Sony will probably provide them with more consoles at some point shortly after release.

Does anyone know what the current preorder rate is for PS4 V Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I just turned that V for you ;)

PS4 > Xbox One

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

MarkY91 wrote: »
    contacted xtravision and they confirmed im on 1st wave of orders and i can upgrade to a bundle when they announce them in early november... :D!

I already preorder a bundle in xtravision it the killzone mega bundle from Sony unless your talking about bundle xtravision doing them self.

rob808 wrote: »
    I already preorder a bundle in xtravision it the killzone mega bundle from Sony unless your talking about bundle xtravision doing them self.

You know I would really check that out and see if the staff were not bull****ting you, as no other person here has been able to order a bundle in any store in any town yet, the common consensus in all stores is that it will be November before you can do anything.

Any poll or article I have seen have shown Sony in the lead at about 2.1, people being polled at Expo's seem to be in line with that trend as well.

Sony will also sell more launch day consoles compared to the One as they will have more stock available to them, this is due to Microsoft lowering its production forecast and offering a lower pool of Day One consoles to stores.

Manager in Gamestop today said that they're offering upgrades starting on monday. He said the bundles they can offer are the 2 killzone ones and a Watch Dogs Game + PS4.

He also said each store is only getting limited stock of the Mega-bundle Killzone, 2 Controller + Camera, so if you want that one i'd suggest upgrading fast!

• Advertisement

Manager in Gamestop today said that they're offering upgrades starting on monday. He said the bundles they can offer are the 2 killzone ones and a Watch Dogs Game + PS4.

He also said each store is only getting limited stock of the Mega-bundle Killzone, 2 Controller + Camera, so if you want that one i'd suggest upgrading fast!

Was in again today trading in GTA V and the manager told me the same thing about them calling you sooner to the time and asking if you wanted to upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement