Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Re: Reply I got from Gamestop about Bundles

"(GameStop)
    04 Oct 14:57 (IST)

Hi

Any order that placed before the deadline we are assigning these consoles to them. Once we get the stock levels off Sony we will make a announcement on this matter.

Kind Regards"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

More dynamic menu action

Looks nice and quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Galahad Galactico

Xtra vision rang me monday offering me a killzone bundle (console, killzone shadowfall & 2 controllers) for €439 plus because I accepted and my console pre order is paid up in full since the start of august I was being bumped up to a guaranteed launch day console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xtra vision rang me monday offering me a killzone bundle (console, killzone shadowfall & 2 controllers) for €439 plus because I accepted and my console pre order is paid up in full since the start of august I was being bumped up to a guaranteed launch day console :)

439 for all that?
    thats a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I presume that was a typo and he meant €539, which corresponds closer to the Amazon price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I presume that was a typo and he meant €539, which corresponds closer to the Amazon price.

still a great price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

http://pixelenemy.com/report-forced-ps4-bundles-by-retailers-mandated-by-sony/

Report: “Forced” PS4 bundles by retailers mandated by Sony

“PlayStation 4 pre-ordered stock is no longer just the standard machine for everyone, around half the stock are now bundles which we have to push as a forced option on customers. So instead of having 100% as solus with the option to upgrade, its now 50% Solus and 50% forced/by choice upgrades for the customer.”

“So its a play by play case for us, luckily most of our customers who have got a bundle wanted the extra games anyway. Its just a bit ****ty that if they don’t they actually don’t have a choice.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Xenji wrote: »
    You know I would really check that out and see if the staff were not bull****ting you, as no other person here has been able to order a bundle in any store in any town yet, the common consensus in all stores is that it will be November before you can do anything.
    You can get bundle in xtravision I paid in full for the killzone SF a extra controller and the camera €500

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    439 for all that?
    thats a great price

I think it just killzone and your console for €439 that the normal killzone bundle only mega one give you a extra controller still good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

rob808 wrote: »
    I think it just killzone and your console for €439 that the normal killzone bundle only mega one give you a extra controller still good price.

still nothing from smyths :mad:

• Advertisement

You can get bundle in xtravision I paid in full for the killzone SF a extra controller and the camera €500
    xtra vision are giving me a console, killzone shadowfall and an extra controller for €439. or so they say. I have a call recorder app on my phone, i'll try post the call from them in a bit

xtra vision are giving me a console, killzone shadowfall and an extra controller for €439. or so they say. I have a call recorder app on my phone, i'll try post the call from them in a bit
    I cant figure out how to upload the call :mad: but genuinely though she said, for €439 I will get a console, killzone shadowfall & an extra controller. Maybe she was mistaking I hope not but thats what she said!

I pretty sure because there only two bundles for killzone ill try get a link or look at Facebook they have picture of the bundle your getting.it still not bad deal if it true migth change mind.

I pretty sure because there only two bundles for killzone ill try get a link or look at Facebook they have picture of the bundle your getting.it still not bad deal if it true migth change mind.
    I'm not sure but I thought all along that the €439 bundle included the game & extra controller and the €499 bundle includes game, extra controller and the camera. This adds up with the girl from xtra vision told me on the phone.

I'm not sure but I thought all along that the €439 bundle included the game & extra controller and the €499 bundle includes game, extra controller and the camera. This adds up with the girl from xtra vision told me on the phone.
    Nah she could had got wrong because ps4 €400 and killzone about €65 which means your getting KZ for €39 but I could be wrong maybe xtravision just given a extra controller which is nice.

Nah she could had got wrong because ps4 €400 and killzone about €65 which means your getting KZ for €39 but I could be wrong maybe xtravision just given a extra controller which is nice.
    It does seem a bit generous alright but I've listened to the call a couple times now and that's defo what she said! She could be mistaking like u said but I'm not really too fussed what got me stiff was the bit about the launch day console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive had no call from xtravision :(

MarkY91 wrote: »
    You should give them a ring coz these bundles are out over a week now. I think though the reason they rang me offerin me it is because my pre order is fully paid off.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I went in first and ask when they were announce and couldn't get it but they call me the next day and ask me did I still want it.I say go into your xtravision and see can you get a bundle when did you preorder your ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The cheaper Killzone bundle is only the game.

• Advertisement

I went in first and ask when they were announce and couldn't get it but they call me the next day and ask me did I still want it.I say go into your xtravision and see can you get a bundle when did you preorder your ps4.

i ordered months ago..i spoke to them on fb and they confirmed in on 1st wave of shipments. i asked about a bundle last week when paying off 80 euro. he said they cant confirm the bundles yet and you should be able to upgrade to one early november

xtra vision bundles are confirmed, they rang me and i signed up to the €449 one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is the trophy system on the PS4 the same as the PS3 & Vita or has there been an overhaul?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is the trophy system on the PS4 the same as the PS3 & Vita or has there been an overhaul?

Your trophies carry over if that's what you're worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yoshida mentioned on Twitter that the "basic" functions of the PS4 controller should work natively with a PC. Which I guess means no touchscreen. But still, that's pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

danthefan wrote: »
    Yoshida mentioned on Twitter that the "basic" functions of the PS4 controller should work natively with a PC. Which I guess means no touchscreen. But still, that's pretty sweet.

That's out of the box. So hopefully they'll release drivers to make the touchscreen work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why does everyone keep calling it a screen? It's a trackpad like the one on a laptop. The track pad may well work for menues in PC games but the sound, motion and some rumble functions may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I didn't order any bundles just the console itself with smyths. I presume I can't avail of any of the bundle offers now?

Also, do you know if the PS Store will have games available to purchase at launch?

at 65e per game I'l be getting two max - Just need to pick from BF, Killzone, Fifa, Driveclub or Watchdogs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I didn't order any bundles just the console itself with smyths. I presume I can't avail of any of the bundle offers now?

You can.
    Nobody ordered a bundle at the start.
    Give Smyths a ring to ask.
    Also, do you know if the PS Store will have games available to purchase at launch?

at 65e per game I'l be getting two max - Just need to pick from BF, Killzone, Fifa, Driveclub or Watchdogs.

All games will be released digitally, according to Sony.

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »

im surious too. i know they will carry over but im curious what they changed about the whole trophy thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement