Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For anyone wanting to get the bundles in Gamestop, they came on the system today and you have to put another 20 euro down to get them, the manager in mine text me today to come down seeing we are mates, but they will be calling people but not for another week or so, but its best to get down now, plus the 499 Killzone bundle has the most limited stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

In deciding who gets these bundles, will it be only if you ordered before august 20th or whatever, or if you're on the first wave of pre-orders on whichever shop you ordered in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Galahad Galactico

In deciding who gets these bundles, will it be only if you ordered before august 20th or whatever, or if you're on the first wave of pre-orders on whichever shop you ordered in?
    I would imagine policies vary depending on where you ordered. But from what i can gather xtra vision offered out the bundles based on who's pre orders are either fully paid off or closest to being paid. I could be wrong but that was the impression I got.

Gamestop are only offering them to people who preordered before the 20th of July in store, not sure about online.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I was in gamestop today. Preordered Ghost on top of my games for ps4 and had a wee chat with buddy there. All gamestop managers were invited to dublin for ps4 and xbox one show. He was very impressed with both machines. He really loved killzone on ps4 too.

So at the same time he got info on how many units he will be getting and what units. Shockingly enough in a small town like ours, we got 144 ps4 for launch! :eek: All booked off too. He added that starting from monday they will call to all people on the list and offer bundles. Priority ofcourse to people on top of the list. I dont know about other gamestops, but I am pretty sure that you lads can expect phone call next week about bundles.

• Advertisement

So I was in gamestop today. Preordered Ghost on top of my games for ps4 and had a wee chat with buddy there. All gamestop managers were invited to dublin for ps4 and xbox one show. He was very impressed with both machines. He really loved killzone on ps4 too.

So at the same time he got info on how many units he will be getting and what units. Shockingly enough in a small town like ours, we got 144 ps4 for launch! :eek: All booked off too. He added that starting from monday they will call to all people on the list and offer bundles. Priority ofcourse to people on top of the list. I dont know about other gamestops, but I am pretty sure that you lads can expect phone call next week about bundles.
    Which town is that? just out of interest.

Which town is that? just out of interest.

North Cork.

North Cork.
    That's a big town.

My Gamestop have started taking bundle preorders today, you can just walk in if you're on the first list and put 20 euro down and get one, 499 bundle is very limited though, but they will start calling people next week as well.

Xenji wrote: »
    My Gamestop have started taking bundle preorders today, you can just walk in if you're on the first list and put 20 euro down and get one, 499 bundle is very limited though, but they will start calling people next week as well.

I said, they can do it today for me, but he only could do it from monday or something. Well, I am not really worried. Should get the bundle I want anyway.

• Advertisement

I said, they can do it today for me, but he only could do it from monday or something. Well, I am not really worried. Should get the bundle I want anyway.

You will be grand, I was the first person to book mine, and doubt many people know yet you can book them now/monday.

Anybody have a link to what the official ps4 boot up screen will be? If there is an official one that is, there's loads of videos on youtube if this one is real it is sh1t hot :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJUS44ZEf4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Conflicting info coming out of xtravision then. I went in to change my pre order to the Killzone bundle and was told I can't. They'll be available on the day I was told.

Was also told a mid-night launch is highly unlikely. Reckons it'll be an 8am start.

A mate of mine emailed them and was told they'll be contacting people towards the end of the month about the bundles.

So now there's people who have switched their pre orders to the bundles, people who can't, and people who'll be contacted towards the end of the month!!

What a mess xtravision!!

That could be more to do with the particular store you have ordered in. I've spoken to xtra vision in Athy a couple times now and they are fairly clear as in they rang me offered me a bundle and told me I will have it launch day. Granted they never mentioned a midnight launch or not but because I've pre ordered I won't be standing outside the shop and am happy to wait til the morning.

rob808 wrote: »
    Nah she could had got wrong because ps4 €400 and killzone about €65 which means your getting KZ for €39 but I could be wrong maybe xtravision just given a extra controller which is nice.
    I Enquired on facebook to make sure I heard right, got this response this morning. Knew I wasn't imagining it, happy days! >

I Enquired on facebook to make sure I heard right, got this response this morning. Knew I wasn't imagining it, happy days! >

They have given you the wrong information, the headset comes with all consoles as a part of the original price, and you will not get a second controller, it is just the console and the game, the only bundles that offer the second controller are the Fifa and Killzone ones for 499.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/26/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-bundles-unveiled/

They have given you the wrong information, the headset comes with all consoles as a part of the original price, and you will not get a second controller, it is just the console and the game, the only bundles that offer the second controller are the Fifa and Killzone ones for 499.
    Why would they do that? I know the headset is standard so Im not bothered about that either way. The €499 (extra €60) is if you want the camera

Why would they do that?

They were not given the right information or they misread what they were given, these are the only two Killzone bundles

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/26/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-bundles-unveiled/

I get what ur saying but I've spoke to them 3 times now on the phone, and as u seen I've got a message from them on facebook. I just rang em back there again (Athy) seemily xtra vision have negotiated an extra controller in a limited amount of bundles with sony so.....

Of course u could be right and launch day I look a right mug lol but xtra vision are adamant that I will be getting that bundle.

• Advertisement

Of course u could be right and launch day I look a right mug lol but xtra vision are adamant that I will be getting that bundle.

It just seems a bit odd that they are doing it for the same price as the PS4+Killzone bundle, you never know it could be true, but till you hear others getting the same deal I would be cautious, especially if Gamestop do not get something similar seeing that they are the bigger retailer.

It just seems a bit odd that they are doing it for the same price as the PS4+Killzone bundle, you never know it could be true, but till you hear others getting the same deal I would be cautious, especially if Gamestop do not get something similar seeing that they are the bigger retailer.
    Exactly, I'm not taking it as gospel, if it works out that way fair enough. Once i come out of that store with my PS4 and COD ghosts I'm singing! anything else is a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

How much can we expect to get for trading in ps4 games do ye think, seeing as some games may be sold for as much as 65?

D-K wrote: »
    How much can we expect to get for trading in ps4 games do ye think, seeing as some games may be sold for as much as 65?

Probably the same as it is now, a €60 game will get you between €35-€45 in Gamestop if you trade it in within about 2 weeks of release.

Got a phone call from GameStop. 499eu bundle is mine. Woot! :D will need to drop few quid on it again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Here's some info on the bundles amazon have to offer -
    Bundle 1
    Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - £389
    This bundle includes:
    - Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
    - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
    - 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4

Bundle 2
    Sony PlayStation 4 and Watch Dogs (PS4) - £389
    This bundle includes:
    - Watch Dogs (PS4)

Bundle 3
    Sony PlayStation 4 Action Pack (PS4) - £429
    This bundle includes:
    - Battlefield 4 (PS4)

Bundle 4
    Sony PlayStation 4 Adrenalin Pack (PS4) - £429
    This bundle includes:
    - Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)

Bundle 5
    Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4) - £449
    This bundle includes:
    - 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    - PS4 camera

Bundle 6
    Sony PlayStation 4 FIFA Mega Pack (PS4) - £489
    This bundle includes:
    - 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    - PS4 camera
    - FIFA 14 (PS4)

So the Killzone bundle is actually a bit more expensive due to the sterling price. 30 euro more if I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The PS4 controller will be usable on PCs. The basics at least. So the dual sticks and buttons etc. The touchpad wont be supported but you never know,it might be down the line.
    Really missed not being able to use my Dualshock3 on my PC. I tried Motionjoy but it always crapped out on me. Never got it to work properly for a long period of time.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-07-basic-functions-of-ps4-controller-will-work-with-pc-by-default

Am I right to assume that killzone will have split screen as it is bundled in with a controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Got a phone call from GameStop. 499eu bundle is mine. Woot! :D will need to drop few quid on it again now.

Are u in store or online? I am getting the run around from their customer service, I pre ordered 19 June so would hope they are not making online orders second class customers! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Am I right to assume that killzone will have split screen as it is bundled in with a controller?

I was wondering about this also, will it be possible to play two player offline?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement