Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Are u in store or online? I am getting the run around from their customer service, I pre ordered 19 June so would hope they are not making online orders second class customers! :rolleyes:

In store m8.

Deedsie wrote: »
    I was wondering about this also, will it be possible to play two player offline?

I have a feeling it will be as only fifa and killzone bundles come with second controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

The bundles are out in Smiths.
    They have three on offer:
    1. Console with Killzone - 440
    2. Console with Watchdogs - 440
    3. Console with extra controler, camera, and Killzone - 500

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Are u in store or online? I am getting the run around from their customer service, I pre ordered 19 June so would hope they are not making online orders second class customers! :rolleyes:

Same here, I pre-ordered same date as you and I'm getting the run around too from staff that have no info but won't admit it.

Don't think I will get offered a bundle at this stage, should have just walked into the GS beside me, they only had 25 names on the list at that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Am I right to assume that killzone will have split screen as it is bundled in with a controller?

It doesn't, they confirmed it on the PS blog when replying to question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Same here, I pre-ordered same date as you and I'm getting the run around too from staff that have no info but won't admit it.

Don't think I will get offered a bundle at this stage, should have just walked into the GS beside me, they only had 25 names on the list at that date.

I have emailed again. I ordered online as i am at home all day with kids so. We should be offered it as well.

Varik wrote: »
    It doesn't, they confirmed it on the PS blog when replying to question.

Well, then thier bundle will confuse a lot of people so... Bundeling in a game, which cannot use second controller. Ah well, I did preorder Ghost for ps4. It should be a good split screen option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Will the PS4 be able to play regular DVD's or just Blurays?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Deedsie wrote: »
    Will the PS4 be able to play regular DVD's or just Blurays?

Any bluray player can play standard DVDs and upscale them, there is no reason why the PS4 should be different.

Come to think of it I've never put a standard DVD in my PS3 for the 6 years I've had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Any bluray player can play standard DVDs and upscale them, there is no reason why the PS4 should be different.

Come to think of it I've never put a standard DVD in my PS3 for the 6 years I've had it.
    Hah not once either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »
    Hah not once either

Have never owned or even rented a dvd :)

What's a D... Ve..... Di?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

What's a D... Ve..... Di?

Something family and friends insist on giving me as a gift... Would be nice to be able to watch them. No big deal if the PS4 doesn't play them, would just be handy if it did ya know? I have a DVD box set of Whale Wars sitting in my room for two years unopened.

Another question I have, will the PS4 need to be connected to the internet for updates out of the box or will it just be playable straight away?

Not quite the VR Headset, but this could be the ultimate PS4 accessory, and only a snip at £1300.00 and available now

137845230634.jpg

The device is wireless, packs two LED screens that can display a simulated 750-inch screen, and 7.1 channel surround sound. It also supports movies in 3D, and is compatible with PCs, game consoles, smartphones and tablet devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Weren't there a few rumours that Sony were going to show off an actual gaming VR headset?

Something tells me if they do.. that it'll be cheaper than £1300 :P

That said I've used the Oculus Rift and thought they were amazing. I wish they would just support them and I don't understand why Microsoft haven't if Sony do release their own headset.

tok9 wrote: »
    Weren't there a few rumours that Sony were going to show off an actual gaming VR headset?

Something tells me if they do.. that it'll be cheaper than £1300 :P

That said I've used the Oculus Rift and thought they were amazing. I wish they would just support them and I don't understand why Microsoft haven't if Sony do release their own headset.

Yeah there were, hopefully we will see it before the end of the year, I would not see it as some sort of novelty, would be great playing a The Evil Within with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Has anyone actually got an email from amazon re choosing your bundle? I filled out the bundles form using my order number from June (before it went offline) but i still havent received any email asking me to or confirming my choice :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

jones wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got an email from amazon re choosing your bundle? I filled out the bundles form using my order number from June (before it went offline) but i still havent received any email asking me to or confirming my choice :confused:

so far only people who preordered in before the end of May got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

jones wrote: »

Me neither. I chatted with an Amazon Rep yesterday and he said we will be contacted by email shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

got the call from Smyths so just confirmed the Killzone pack w/ extra controller and camera for €500.

• Advertisement

Here's the email I just got, in regards to the Killzone bundles.
    We have been informed by Sony that this bundle offer is only available for store customers & not online customers. We are making a announcement on this today.

So by the end of the day I'll likely be canceling my order with gamestop online and just waiting until after christmas or whenever I can get one, never buying anything off the ****ers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

So by the end of the day I'll likely be canceling my order with gamestop online and just waiting until after christmas or whenever I can get one, never buying anything off the ****ers again.

Wait and see what online bundles they offer before you cancel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

That mail makes absolutely no sense. Why would Sony distinguish between online and store orders? Something seems funy about that.

rob808 wrote: »
    Wait and see what online bundles they offer before you cancel with them.

It's going to have to be good to compete with that €500 Killzone bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Call me paranoid but I think GS are not offering bundles to online customers to cover the the free shipping cost by selling them in store only! Its the only explanation I can think of!

Call me paranoid but I think GS are not offering bundles to online customers to cover the the free shipping cost by selling them in store only! Its the only explanation I can think of!

It could be a stock issue also, the bundles are not new stock, but existing stock repackaged, they may not have had enough to cover both types of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Think i'm going to stop reading this thread.

Conflicting information and tons of silly questions, it's just a clusterfuuck and will remain that way until the fecking console is out.

The shipping cost would be nearly the same, the boxes aren't going to be much bigger and the 3 extra bit or even the 1 game are hardly going to increase teh weight enough for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Xenji wrote: »
    Not quite the VR Headset, but this could be the ultimate PS4 accessory, and only a snip at £1300.00 and available now

files.php?pid=1709424&aid=118030
    carlreiner.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Think i'm going to stop reading this thread.

Conflicting information and tons of silly questions, it's just a clusterfuuck and will remain that way until the fecking console is out.

and you felt information that you are going to stop reading this thread adds more to this thread than silly questions ? I prefer silly questions :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement