Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

198321 wrote: »
    and you felt information that you are going to stop reading this thread adds more to this thread than silly questions ? I prefer silly questions :rolleyes:

Has the ps4 release date been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

198321 wrote: »
    and you felt information that you are going to stop reading this thread adds more to this thread than silly questions ? I prefer silly questions :rolleyes:

Yeah, come back Richard. We miss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

padair wrote: »
    Has the ps4 release date been announced yet?

29th November here, 15th in the US. it was announced at Gamescom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Direct from Amazon.co.uk's website
    Please note: Sony has announced that there will be four PlayStation 4 console options available at launch. Customers will be contacted in the order in which they placed their PS4 pre-order and given a choice of the bundles based on availability. Please note, all customers who pre-ordered the console with Amazon.co.uk up to and including August 6 will be given an option to get a console for release day. Customers who pre-ordered from August 7 may receive their consoles after release date, but will get them before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Direct from Amazon.co.uk's website

They also say this on the PS4 product page, nothing about Christmas.

"Due to high demand, orders placed for this PlayStation 4 from August 7 may be received after release date - we will dispatch orders as soon as we receive sufficient stock"

• Advertisement

We have not had one of these in awhile, Witch Beam designer Sanatana Mishra has stated that the PS4 is the most powerful console in the world.
    “From a pure tech perspective it’s undeniable that the PS4 GPU will make it the most powerful console in the world and for us that means we can turn on every visual flourish we want while keeping a smooth & responsive 60fps. We’re focused on every version running at 60fps including Vita, frame rate is king.”

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4s-gpu-makes-it-the-most-powerful-console-in-the-world-makes-responsive-60fps-possible-witch-beam#0fcJeMm8ljLyu8f6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Xenji wrote: »
    Not quite the VR Headset, but this could be the ultimate PS4 accessory, and only a snip at £1300.00 and available now

137845230634.jpg

The device is wireless, packs two LED screens that can display a simulated 750-inch screen, and 7.1 channel surround sound. It also supports movies in 3D, and is compatible with PCs, game consoles, smartphones and tablet devices.

cex on Liffey street have one of these in the window for €545 I was in the market for it until I broke my vita and now have to get a new one.

weiland79 wrote: »
    cex on Liffey street have one of these in the window for €545 I was in the market for it until I broke my vita and now have to get a new one.

If it is the same model that is a steal, they should be around €1400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

:( My Lazy eye will rule the SONY VR headset out for me! Can't use 3D either:(

carlreiner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, can't do 3D or VR. Brain won't let me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Another question I have, will the PS4 need to be connected to the internet for updates out of the box or will it just be playable straight away?

Hopefully it will play regular DVD's as well as Blu Ray discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Deedsie wrote: »
    Another question I have, will the PS4 need to be connected to the internet for updates out of the box or will it just be playable straight away?

It will play regular DVDs also. (I believe that's a requirement laid down by the Blu-Ray consortium).

As for requiring an internet connection for a day-one update? There's been no word yet about a day one update but I would guess that we'll hear soon enough that there will be. These systems are being manufactured for weeks and months by now so I think it's probably likely that there'll be some kind of update at launch.

And then there'll be the usual updates as time goes on. Similar to the PS3.

I can't imagine the initial update (if there is one) will actually be mandatory if you intend on playing off line (If that's your concern) I'd imagine it'll be more of a patch/firmware update.

Having said that, I've no real info at all, this is just a (semi) educated guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I don't know about the update, don't think anything's been announced regarding it, but I'd say there's a decent chance it will need an update.

All Blu Ray players can play DVDs as well, so it will.

It will play regular DVDs also. (I believe that's a requirement laid down by the Blu-Ray consortium).

As for requiring an internet connection for a day-one update? There's been no word yet about a day one update but I would guess that we'll hear soon enough that there will be. These systems are being manufactured for weeks and months by now so I think it's probably likely that there'll be some kind of update at launch.

And then there'll be the usual updates as time goes on. Similar to the PS3.

I can't imagine the initial update (if there is one) will actually be mandatory if you intend on playing off line (If that's your concern) I'd imagine it'll be more of a patch/firmware update.

Having said that, I've no real info at all, this is just a (semi) educated guess
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    I don't know about the update, don't think anything's been announced regarding it, but I'd say there's a decent chance it will need an update.

All Blu Ray players can play DVDs as well, so it will.

Thanks lads,

Good to know. I have a few unopened DVD box sets that might actually be watched now.

Ya I was wondering about the initial update as I am picking my PS4 up down the country where my only broadband option is an O2 Hotshot with 7.5GB usage limit per month. In Dublin I have unlimited UPC broadband. Obviously if I have to download any games I'll do that in Dublin. I just want to be sure I can play it down home on launch weekend out of the box.

I have pre-ordered the killzone Mega bundle. Bit annoying you get two controllers for a 1 player game? Not sure if I want to buy a second game launch weekend.

GTA V is the main game I want to play on it. Really hope they do announce it for PS4 sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

GTA V is the main game I want to play on it. Really hope they do announce it for PS4 sooner rather than later

Lads at IGN are not expecting GTA V to appear on next-gen until well into next year, maybe as a game of the year edition including all DLC that will come out over next few months.

It will happen, but not anyday soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It will be later, rather than sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

With the way all of the other next-gen games are going, I thought they would release a re-worked version of GTA Online for PS4 and XBO - obviously with a higher limit on the number of concurrent players and so on.

....... I have pre-ordered the killzone Mega bundle. Bit annoying you get two controllers for a 1 player game? Not sure if I want to buy a second game launch weekend......

I'm sure there's a few people here who will gladly give their PS4 and a tenner for your bundle :)

...... Your PLAYSTATION bundle I mean.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

For those wondering about the Pre order bundles with amazon they're are offering them to people who ordered on the 11th (when i preordered)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I went with the watch dogs bundle on amazon for 389 ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I went with the watch dogs bundle on amazon for 389 ^_^

I am going with the Gamestop.ie Your a Second Class Online Customer Basic SKU Bundle

:rolleyes:

I'm sure there's a few people here who will gladly give their PS4 and a tenner for your bundle :)

Ha ha...

Nah I'll prob pick up or receive a second game for Christmas. That should bide me over :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Linky "PlayStation 5, a 2,048-bit console featuring a 45-Ghz trinary processor, CineReal graphics booster with 2-gig biotexturing, and an RSP connector for 360-degree online-immersion play" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Just walked into gamestop and asked could I preorder the kill zone mega bundle and she said sound,I already had the PS4 booked since August 30th but she didn't ask about that,I asked would I get it on release date but she didn't really know much,I was told a few weeks ago that I wouldn't get it on release date.I thought all mega bundles would be given out on release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hey got a call from Gamestop over here in the US. Still no word on USA bundles YET but got invited to a PS4 launch party night on the 7th November so hoping by then to have bundle information sorted.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I switched mine to a Killzone bundle today in Gamestop. Happy enough with that. The price is great, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Linky "PlayStation 5, a 2,048-bit console featuring a 45-Ghz trinary processor, CineReal graphics booster with 2-gig biotexturing, and an RSP connector for 360-degree online-immersion play" :eek:

I assume you know thats fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love The Onion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i ordering assassins creed today from videogamesplus.ca..does this mean im going to receive it well before the 29th november? seeing as it will be shipped a little before the US release date?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement