Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

for anyone interested in trophies..

Jhs3Dhm.jpg

still has that epic ping sound :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

MarkY91 wrote: »
    for anyone interested in trophies

still has that epic ping sound :D

The trophies page actually looks really clean and nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Pretty sure that second trophy page image is fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Pretty sure that second trophy page image is fake.

has to be , the crew aint even finished yet :pac:

it seems real. who knows. looks good anyways..i wonder what the notification boxes above the silver trophies mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Jhs3Dhm.jpg

It all seems self-explanatory. I wonder what the numbered, rounded rectangular icons Knack, Killzone, COD and BF4 mean (as well as the + symbol on BF4)?

Otacon wrote: »
    It all seems self-explanatory. I wonder what the numbered, rounded rectangular icons Knack, Killzone, COD and BF4 mean (as well as the + symbol on BF4)?

ive had a little think and my guess is the symbol on BF4 = DLC trophies and the other ones are peoples comments on a specific trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It goes completely against all the UI we've seen so far, I say its just fan made.
    It doesn't have the same button symbols as officially released images, and no where else in the UI is there rounded corners on any boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

For anyone interested in what the PS4 controllers look like boxed:

ps4-2.jpg

ps4-1.jpg

ps4-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

A Navy Camo Dualshock 4 would look awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

And the build up continues:)

Snap @Varik 03:57

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I liked Kevin butler but this greatness awaits campaign is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Custom Fan made PS4 Controllers.

Dat Plum.:cool:

BWj1n9EIcAAuGj9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Remember Quantic Dreams demo for the Dark Sorcerer we saw at the PS4 launch, turns out that it was just the minimum quality you can get on the console, maybe the rumors about the PS4 being quite more powerful than the X1 have more foundations to them then we thought :pac:
    “This is basically Beyond’s engine, and we were so excited with what we could achieve. Some people were really impressed with the Dark Sorcerer but this is just the beginning, it’s the minimum quality you can get on the console,” he said.

“It was done with a very small team, a very small amount of time and small resources. Now we have a full team and we hope to make something really impressive.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/15/ps4-the-dark-sorcerer-the-minimum-quality-you-can-get-on-the-console/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

remote play is getting better and better, may be old news but I just found out about it. co-op with remote play !!!

http://gearnuke.com/playstation-4-remote-play-allows-co-op-2-screens-one-playstation-4-even-internet/

remote play is getting better and better, may be old news but I just found out about it. co-op with remote play !!!

http://gearnuke.com/playstation-4-remote-play-allows-co-op-2-screens-one-playstation-4-even-internet/

You can even watch what you are playing on your phone as well and also purchase games from the PSN and start them downloading remotely if you leave you PS4 on standby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

its getting too much to handle now, I really just cant wait!!! :D

I am holding off getting Diablo 3 until it comes out on ps4 so I can remote play it on vita! Only fps may be less competive on remote play I reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Xenji wrote: »
    You can even watch what you are playing on your phone as well and also purchase games from the PSN and start them downloading remotely if you leave you PS4 on standby.

You can send messages and comment on livestreams/PS Forums with the PS4 app too. AFAIK the App will wake up your PS4 via Wi-Fi or 3G and DL the games then shut itself off.

ps4-app.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I am holding off getting Diablo 3 until it comes out on ps4 so I can remote play it on vita! Only fps may be less competive on remote play I reckon!

I could not resist m8. I waited and waited, then just said **** to it and got it. 70% of trophies done so far lol!
    I really love console version, but it might be just way to easy with loot so freakishly good. Still beats AH pc version!
    I doubt I will be getting ps4 version now unless blizzard will be a good sport and offer 10eu upgrade. if they will come again with same "it had to be built from ground up for console" bull**** and force me to buy third time, then I will just show them the finger.

Has anyone heard if navigating the menus will be quicker such as store etc when pulling info off wifi/internet?

@ShadowHearth

I am sweating it here, I really want it but as I said the though if lying in bed with my Vita playing it is just so appealing. Hopefully if Diablo on PS4 comes with additional content it may persuade you to get it :)

Klair88 wrote: »
    You can send messages and comment on livestreams/PS Forums with the PS4 app too. AFAIK the App will wake up your PS4 via Wi-Fi or 3G and DL the games then shut itself off.

ps4-app.jpg

Yeah, it is a great little app, have a windows phone at the moment and the 360 app is woeful, tried it on the other half's 360.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Has anyone heard if navigating the menus will be quicker such as store etc when pulling info off wifi/internet?

@ShadowHearth

I am sweating it here, I really want it but as I said the though if lying in bed with my Vita playing it is just so appealing. Hopefully if Diablo on PS4 comes with additional content it may persuade you to get it :)

I am 100% sure there was a video posted off someone going mad with menus too see if they are laggy. It was really snappy. It wasn't even final build. So hopefully the ps3s laggy menu is a thing of the past.

As for diablo. It defenetly wount have extra content, but it will be nice solid solid 60fps and lovely 1080p with more eye candy. I would get it third time too, but as I said it is a lot more easier on console. I got inferno azmudan and diablo left and I got 1600dps legendary 2hander with a ton brick of str on it and 1400dps fury with stupid amount of str. The loot finally droping is awesome, but it drops way too good lol :). So playing it again on ps4 just to get stupidly good gear on first inferno clear is a waste of money. Though its good for you if you will skip on ps3 one m8.

I am 100% sure there was a video posted off someone going mad with menus too see if they are laggy. It was really snappy. It wasn't even final build. So hopefully the ps3s laggy menu is a thing of the past.

As for diablo. It defenetly wount have extra content, but it will be nice solid solid 60fps and lovely 1080p with more eye candy. I would get it third time too, but as I said it is a lot more easier on console. I got inferno azmudan and diablo left and I got 1600dps legendary 2hander with a ton brick of str on it and 1400dps fury with stupid amount of str. The loot finally droping is awesome, but it drops way too good lol :). So playing it again on ps4 just to get stupidly good gear on first inferno clear is a waste of money. Though its good for you if you will skip on ps3 one m8.

Do not forget about the Reaper of Souls expansion, it could be out in time to be bundled with the PS4 version and the free rather larger patch that will precede the expansion, you also have loot 2.0 to look forward to as well.

I am also in two minds about picking up Dark Souls 2 for PS3, surely they must have a PS4 version lined up. All I need for a year of gaming on PS4 would be

BF4
    Diablo 3
    Dark Souls 2
    The Witcher

then I will just work off whatever PS Plus dishes up for PS3/4.

Xenji wrote: »
    Do not forget about the Reaper of Souls expansion, it could be out in time to be bundled with the PS4 version and the free rather larger patch that will precede the expansion, you also have loot 2.0 to look forward to as well.

No way reaper of souls coming out this november/december. the AH shut down is coming out in March next year and 2.0 loot is coming after it. So the soonest we will see reaper of souls, its going to be way in to next years summer/Holiday season.

I will be getting expansion for PC 100%. The only reason I got Console version, is because I LOVE DIABLO ( I took 1 weeks holidays for diablo 3. I played 80h in first week... :pac: ) and I finally wanted to play it as diablo and not AH simulator. Console version is really fantastic in a lot of ways, but when PC version is fixed, I doubt I will come back to console version.
    I have a feeling that they will be selling reaper of souls as stand alone expansion like with X com on consoles. You cant really do expansion thing on consoles...

No way reaper of souls coming out this november/december. the AH shut down is coming out in March next year and 2.0 loot is coming after it. So the soonest we will see reaper of souls, its going to be way in to next years summer/Holiday season.

I will be getting expansion for PC 100%. The only reason I got Console version, is because I LOVE DIABLO ( I took 1 weeks holidays for diablo 3. I played 80h in first week... :pac: ) and I finally wanted to play it as diablo and not AH simulator. Console version is really fantastic in a lot of ways, but when PC version is fixed, I doubt I will come back to console version.
    I have a feeling that they will be selling reaper of souls as stand alone expansion like with X com on consoles. You cant really do expansion thing on consoles...

Oh I know it will not be till next year, I meant the PS4 version when it is released could come bundled with it, do not expect to see either though still September at the earliest though next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

All clips of Assasins Creed 4 look amazing, however access playstation published

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDSffTsv__M

New PlayStation 4 Multiplayer Gameplay

I was excited about AC 4 but this look like PS3 gameplay and same as AC 3. I thought it would look much better.

Not to mention multiplayer is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What's the story with getting a PS4 headset at launch? Just a simple bluetooth one would do fine. Is there an official PS4 one available for launch?

I hear the PS3 ones won't work for a while (probably mentioned in this thread somewhere), until some update is applied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement