Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The PS4 will come with a mono headset. In fact, any 3.5mm jack headsets will work at launch. The only issue is around some USB/bluetooth headsets.

There will be some compatible third-party ones (http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517531/)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

v3ttel wrote: »
    What's the story with getting a PS4 headset at launch? Just a simple bluetooth one would do fine. Is there an official PS4 one available for launch?

I hear the PS3 ones won't work for a while (probably mentioned in this thread somewhere), until some update is applied.

All PS4's come with this as standard.

PS4-Headset.jpg

PS3 headsets and USB one will not work, unless manufacturer states differently.

Sony Made Official PS3 Pulse + Pulse Elite headsets WILL work after an update has been applied.

This turtle beach Headset will work on PS4 at Launch but it costs €174.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, better change your game preorders. Watchdogs pushed back to 2014.

Dammit
    Ubisoft has delayed all versions of Watch Dogs until some time around Spring 2014, representing a delay of at least four months and meaning the game will miss its Christmas release opportunity.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/433918/watch-dogs-delayed-until-spring-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Well, better change your game preorders. Watchdogs pushed back to 2014.

Dammit

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/433918/watch-dogs-delayed-until-spring-2014/

oh_wut_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

From Ubisoft PR:

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams announcing the delay of all versions to Spring 2014:

"Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we've made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering 'why now?' We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can't wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you'll love this game as much as we love working on it. Best regards"

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks,

• Advertisement

The Crew has also been delayed to next year.
    Ubisoft has delayed The Crew to launch in Q2 of fiscal year 2015, which runs from July 2014 to September 2014, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in an investor call today. It was originally scheduled to launch in early 2014. The Crew is Ubisoft's open-world racing game for next-gen systems.

"Our long term goal is to win the next generation," Guillemot said in a press release. "The tough decisions we are taking today to fully realize the major potential of our new creations have an impact on our short-term performance. We are convinced that, longer term, they will prove to be the right decisions both in terms of satisfaction for our fans and in terms of value creation for our shareholders. We are building franchises that will become perennial pillars of Ubisoft's financial performance."

What the fudge is going on over at Ubisoft. Two in one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Otacon wrote: »
    The Crew has also been delayed to next year.

What the fudge is going on over at Ubisoft. Two in one day!

It's regular for Ubi, they always delay the Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games. They have to make sure they churn out a new AC game every 9 months instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

It's regular for Ubi, they always delay the Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games. They have to make sure they churn out a new AC game every 9 months instead.

They pushed Driver back a year too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

So what's the best/cheapest place to buy/order the PS4 in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

So what's the best/cheapest place to buy/order the PS4 in Ireland?

Pre order anywhere and just wait until 2014 at this stage.

• Advertisement

Are games normally delayed so close to launch? It should have been going gold by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

What about bundles ? I ordered release day watch dogs bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

198321 wrote: »

Contact whoever you pre-ordered from. It's up to them what they replace WD with I'd assume.

198321 wrote: »

In a statement made to CVG a Sony representative said: "Obviously this is very recent announcement, but we will be working very closely both with Ubisoft and with our partners at retail to manage this situation."

The game had been previously confirmed for release on November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC, with PS4 and Xbox One versions becoming available alongside the launch of the next-generation consoles.

I assume they will offer alternative bundles in place of this one, like ACIV. They could also include a PSN voucher to redeem for credit so you can pick up whatever game you want.

I would expect an announcement in the next few days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

If there is GTA V being released on next gen spring 2014 that would be disaster for watch dogs .. game looks promising, but GTA V on PS4 would be heaven :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nothing to worry about then. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A bit of a tease for those awaiting release. I found this in a User-Agent of something being tested this morning:

"libhttp libhttp/1.02 (PlayStation 4)"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Quite a long video but it shows a lot of the new dashboard which has been explored and recorded during a Knack demo session. The clip shows off-screen footage of Sony’s new menus as well as some Knack gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Xenji wrote: »
    Quite a long video but it shows a lot of the new dashboard which has been explored and recorded during a Knack demo session. The clip shows off-screen footage of Sony’s new menus as well as some Knack gameplay.

Won't play for me. Says its private.

King Krib wrote: »
    Won't play for me. Says its private.

Must of gotten pulled, was looking forward to looking through it on my lunch break :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Original video but lower quality. Extremely fast UI! Look at how fast it loaded up Knack!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Original video but lower quality. Extremely fast UI! Look at how fast it loaded up Knack!

Nice one, it is more condensed then the one I found as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just ordered assassins creed and cod ghosts from videogamesplus.ca. cos me 99 euro including delivery :D would have cost me 130 in a shop here lol.i feel like a kid waiting for christmad now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

MarkY91 wrote: »
    just ordered assassins creed and cod ghosts from videogamesplus.ca. cos me 99 euro including delivery :D would have cost me 130 in a shop here lol.i feel like a kid waiting for christmad now :o

Never ordered from this crowd before. are the ok to deal with? how long does it take for an order to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

ccull123 wrote: »
    Never ordered from this crowd before. are the ok to deal with? how long does it take for an order to arrive?

Same here order Titanfall of them but never order off them before I think it 10days

ccull123 wrote: »

Been using them for years, they are great and you save about 20 quid with them, anytime I have gotten anything it has taken around 7 days, have ordered stuff on a Saturday and it arrived the following Friday, the longest anything has ever taken was 10 days, never had any customs issues with them either.

Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerrilla Games has stated that the PS4 shooter can handle 24 AI troops on screen before the frame-rate drops an it’s currently pegged at 60FPS.
    Speaking with OPM, lead designer Eric Boltjes said of the leap to PS4, “For me as a game designer what I was really interested in was getting more gameplay elements on screen. More enemy types at the same time, more weapon types. Bigger areas. For me that gives us a lot more ingredients to play around with. Previously we were limited. You could have six or seven guys on screen, only two types, and it had to be at a specific range”

When asked about the on-screen enemy limit, Boltjes replied, “Yes. It’s about 24,” and added, “but that’s just enemy AI. And there are other types of enemy AI, lots of destructibility, lots of dynamic objects. Those have much higher limits but the amount of AI is around 24″.

When asked what would happen if a 25th enemy were to come on screen, he replied, “framerate drops,” and continued, “They’re all autonomous, they create their own effects. They’re busy little bees.” He concluded, “as soon as you push it over [24] then we get performance issues”.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/16/killzone-shadow-fall-can-handle-24-ai-enemies-on-screen-before-frame-rate-drops/

New leaked footage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't wait for Killzone. it might be quite a generic FPS, but I love them for some reason. Probably the graphic style and story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Anyone else have a look at the prices on ebay? They're making ~100 - 200 quid off of each console. Not a bad idea if you pre-ordered a bunch of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a look at the prices on ebay? They're making ~100 - 200 quid off of each console. Not a bad idea if you pre-ordered a bunch of them.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement